• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Orphalesion

I know it's an advertisement, but even so the lady seemed a bit over-existed in her choice of words. I wonder if that's because it's the Japanese script translated.
I will, probably forever pine for Girafarig's beta design to be introduced into the games, but I also like Firagarif, it finally is tall and has a long neck, like a giraffe ought to have!

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Sandwich-making looks genuinely fun. I’ve been playing BDSP lately and hopefully it’s not as aggravating as burning Poffins lol

Wanted more new info tbh. I like that they went into the 3 paths a bit more but 14 minutes for just one new Pokémon reveal was a bit much. Regardless I’m interested by a lot of these mechanics. The Let’s Go feature is neat but I’m not sure how I feel about that being incorporated so heavily in the Team Star bases. Making your own TM’s is neat and I’m glad at least some of PLA’s crafting has carried over. Still not a fan of them being single-use again but it makes sense.

The range of facial customization shown is impressive. I can tell I’m going to have a lot of fun trying out new combos and taking pictures; on that note, finally a photo mode is implemented. A long-overdue feature.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
It caught my attention that Icy Wind didn't scale properly on a Titan Klawf, which looked a bit off. That was probably my only con along with how Let's Go battles seem to end quick, and are mostly used for collectibles.

zB92AAT.png

Obviously, a considerable change is how we can finally customize eye shapes. Not only it introduces many possibilities, but also we get to rid off the rounds.

RWiZrxS.png

Overall, a promising trailer. FPS issues seemed present and I did feel Quaxly was going to evolve having to fight many at Lv. 15, but I can live with it. It'd be even better if we can get to find out more about version exclusives soon.

Ultra Beast Lover

I love that the legendary is just included in the picnic, even when not in the party, meaning you can bond with them without the ride feature. Definitely gonna play with Miraidon often. Also looks like we can use toys, wonder if we can buy some.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Honestly it was a bad trailer and pretty dissapointing for a 14 minute long video. Too many recaps of stuff we already knew and the new stuff could've been squeezed in a 3 minutes trailer instead.

Also why the heck they didn't introduce us to the three new Pokemon in the 7:15 mark? Would've been more interesting than seeing the exact same stuff for Team Star again.

Looks like we're back to having evolutions happen spontaneously instead of voluntarily like in PLA. Not 100% sure as it seems to be a cut between the Venonat being knocked out and the Girafarig evolving. Honestly I kind of prefer it this way, I always liked evolutions being some kind of surprise even if the PLA method is more convenient.

Honestly it was a bad trailer and pretty dissapointing for a 14 minute long video. Too many recaps of stuff we already knew and the new stuff could've been squeezed in a 3 minutes trailer instead.

Also why the heck they didn't introduce us to the three new Pokemon in the 7:15 mark? Would've been more interesting than seeing the exact same stuff for Team Star again.
The interesting part is that these Pokémon do not appear in the Japanese version of the trailer, so it might have been a slip.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

And the woman speaking could be less annoys as well

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Overall, a promising trailer. FPS issues seemed present
I found that strange myself, as if the trailer was using an older, buggy version of the game. We saw in an earlier trailer the Sunflora army running smoothly, so why were they all jittery in this one?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I found that strange myself, as if the trailer was using an older, buggy version of the game. We saw in an earlier trailer the Sunflora army running smoothly, so why were they are jittery in this one?
I wonder if the games will have lags too

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
Some actual proper gameplay was nice to see. Those FPS drops though lmao. Sasuga GF.

The facial customization seems very robust and is the thing that excited me the most from the trailer. Now that we know it is actually good I'm actually looking forward to playing around with that.
Shame about the clothing customization being next to none on top of being stuck to the uniforms... I'm definitively not a fan of this push for unisex/gender neutrality for the clothes options. PLA was terrible for this too. Let me play dress-up properly!