• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Pudimon

Certified Pudding Monster
I find it odd people keep acting like this is new when ORAS did a similar thing.
I mean, I don't think anyone expected anything different for this game by this point, but it's more like a thing that still stings everytime they put it in perspective

Great part of what makes me like Iono so much is the voice acting, not having it is still a bummer even though I wasn't expecting it to be in the games anyway

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Ok, THANK GOD there is no voice acting in this game or I would have to do her whole gym on mute lol.

Bellibolt is adorable though <3!!!
Watch she's the next companion in the anime

epithumia

Poison-type enthusiast
Bellibolt's real face looks half-finished in my opinion, I'd like it much better if the side bumps were the real eyes and the nostril ones were just some silly-looking markings... but I love the name and the "I only have one braincell and even that's barely working" vibe it has going on

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Bellibolt's real face looks half-finished in my opinion, I'd like it much better if the side bumps were the real eyes and the nostril ones were just some silly-looking markings... but I love the name and the "I only have one braincell and even that's barely working" vibe it has going on
If it’s based on the four-eyed frog (cba to look up it’s official name) like I think, then it makes total sense for the eye-like bumps to be decoys.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Looks like like a Fall Guys outfit. Somehwat reminds me of Palpitoad but it wish it was as cool as it. Definitely like it though.
Oh, so it’s like an Electric type version of Stamina
No Stamnia just boosts Mudsdale's Defense. This move is like a passive Charge.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I refuse to believe they're benching Ash until they actually do it
I know this isn't an anime thread.

But I fully believe Ash and Leon will come to a tie and then Leon or someone else will be like "Wow, you're a strong trainer, you should/have been enrolled into Naranja/Uva Academy" and Ash will be like "Wow I'm going to keep learning to be the best Pokemon Master"

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
Wait the side-eyes aren’t it’s actual eyes? Damn I’ve been looking at this thing wrong the whole day. I might be in the minority but I actually prefer the yellow nostril-looking things being it’s true eyes.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
They already did that with Anorith and Armaldo.

aerial_ace

Does anyone know if pokemon scarlet violet have a different art/design team then previous games? I don't know what it is but the pokemon designs this gen are just ....strange. Don't know if it's just the pokemon they revealed so far as i am sure there will be SOME i will love but so far this is shaping up to be the worst gen when it comes to pokemon designs. Apart from sprigattito, grafaiaia and ceruledge i honestly couldn't care about the rest of the pokemon revealed so far. I love so many pokemon in sword and shield so i am feeling a little bit underwhelmed with this bunch so far. Fingers crossed they are just holding back and they leave the best designs for us to discover during our play through. The electric frog is just silly, the fact the two white bumps are not its eyes is just off-putting.

Baggie_Saiyan

Does anyone know if pokemon scarlet violet have a different art/design team then previous games? I don't know what it is but the pokemon designs this gen are just ....strange. Don't know if it's just the pokemon they revealed so far as i am sure there will be SOME i will love but so far this is shaping up to be the worst gen when it comes to pokemon designs. Apart from sprigattito, grafaiaia and ceruledge i honestly couldn't care about the rest of the pokemon revealed so far. I love so many pokemon in sword and shield so i am feeling a little bit underwhelmed with this bunch so far. Fingers crossed they are just holding back and they leave the best designs for us to discover during our play through. The electric frog is just silly, the fact the two white bumps are not its eyes is just off-putting.
Well James Turner has left GF someone asked him if he did any work on SV I believe he replied saying he couldn't answer. He was heavily invovled in SwSh

If he was involved here I suspect he wasn't invovled that heavily

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Well James Turner has left GF someone asked him if he did any work on SV I believe he replied saying he couldn't answer. He was heavily invovled in SwSh

If he was involved here I suspect he wasn't invovled that heavily
Wait, James Turner LEFT Game Freak?!! Did he give any reason as to why like finding another job or because of all the hate SWSH got?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer