• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

scififan21

We have a regular orignial Switch and I don't notice anymore lag on anything other then is typical for a particular game. We recently replaced the joycons though because the drift was so bad that one of the joysticks got stuck and when we tried to stop it it snapped off. XD

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
We have a regular orignial Switch and I don't notice anymore lag on anything other then is typical for a particular game. We recently replaced the joycons though because the drift was so bad that one of the joysticks got stuck and when we tried to stop it it snapped off. XD
Well hopefully the game won’t lag cuz of the all open world thing .

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Do u think that the game will have noticeable lags?
Do u think it will be bad if I use a 2019 Switch ? Not OLED or some new version...

Well hopefully the game won’t lag cuz of the all open world thing .
There’s nothing to suggest it will. Breath of the Wild is a larger game, takes more memory, has a larger map and contains hundreds of moveable and intricate pieces on top of enemy spawns and that game does not lag. So, given the abilities of the Switch console I would say that you have nothing to worry about.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
There’s nothing to suggest it will. Breath of the Wild is a larger game, takes more memory, has a larger map and contains hundreds of moveable and intricate pieces on top of enemy spawns and that game does not lag. So, given the abilities of the Switch console I would say that you have nothing to worry about.
Let’s hope ur right

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Capture level returns. Meaning, unlike Arceus, you need a certain amount of badges to capture higher level Pokemon. Like in SWSH, when entering the Wild Area for the first time, there were higher level Pokemon as roadblocks and were not able to be caught until we met the requirements.

FgLzix0XoAMkEKF

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
Capture level returns. Meaning, unlike Arceus, you need a certain amount of badges to capture higher level Pokemon. Like in SWSH, when entering the Wild Area for the first time, there were higher level Pokemon as roadblocks and were not able to be caught until we met the requirements.

FgLzix0XoAMkEKF
wait till you hear people complain " that limits open-world aspect of the game! this game is ruined!"

Orphalesion

wait till you hear people complain " that limits open-world aspect of the game! this game is ruined!"
I mean it does, no point in pretending otherwise.
But really the whole thing was already limited the moment we learned there would be no level scaling with wild Pokémon or Gym leaders. So this new information doesn't really limit it that much more

Copley Hill Gym

I think I am going to come to terms with the level scaling, but I really do want to see how much we can push the boundaries. Can we catch things that are lower levels, in higher level areas? Can we at least travel without boundaries across the map as much as we like? That's the big question for me.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
I think I am going to come to terms with the level scaling, but I really do want to see how much we can push the boundaries. Can we catch things that are lower levels, in higher level areas? Can we at least travel without boundaries across the map as much as we like? That's the big question for me.
I have a feeling this will be flexiable as much as Gen 1 game was... you know when you can battle Saffron City gym and Fuchsia City gym in any order? Like Kanto I think you can chose the order of 3 or 4 gyms before being stuck. So it will be like (A+B+C) (D+E+F) or something like that.

Orphalesion

Yeah I think it will be a situation where two or three gyms will have similar levels and you will be able to choose do one or the other first.
So it will be "open world" in a similar way Legend of Arceus was, with the player "unlocking" sub-regions as they progress through the story

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Yeah I think it will be a situation where two or three gyms will have similar levels and you will be able to choose do one or the other first.
So it will be "open world" in a similar way Legend of Arceus was, with the player "unlocking" sub-regions as they progress through the story
Plus there are other boss battles that will be around the same levels as the gym leaders like Team Star & the Titan Pokémon.

I also remember one of the reviewers for the 1-hour gameplay saying that there are different levels of pokémon in each area and the higher leveled ones are higher up, so I’m guessing you can still explore the world and catch pokémon from areas like the later gyms.

The difficulty is more or less based on how you choose to play & work around these roadblocks, which based on the workarounds for SWSH is still possible. A few I can think of are :
  • Receive powerful pokémon through trading and Home (once we get connectivity) and battle the stronger bosses first while dealing with the disobedience factor
  • Catch strong pokémon early on by joining higher tier raids via WiFi
  • Just battle the tougher bosses early on by grinding or Leroy Jenkins-ing it

Last edited:

Baggie_Saiyan

Had a weekend with the Oled and I was not expecting such a vast difference compared to the Lite! Gonna have to replay everything lol

Anyway leaks will probably happen soon so I shall see you guys on the 18th! Thankfully new Sonic game comes out next week so that shall act as a decent distraction until then!

Honestly cannot wait for these games, the previews made me super excited!!

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I think we should get another trailer on Wednesday or Thursday this week. And then a final trailer anywhere between Nov 9 to the 16th.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’m hoping there isn’t an excessive amount of new Water Pokémon. I do like the type but there are far too many of them and it is the most common type. I’d like to see Bug and Ice Pokémon get a bit more love this time around. Especially Bug which doesn’t get very many new reps each Gen.

scififan21

I’m hoping there isn’t an excessive amount of new Water Pokémon. I do like the type but there are far too many of them and it is the most common type. I’d like to see Bug and Ice Pokémon get a bit more love this time around. Especially Bug which doesn’t get very many new reps each Gen.
I Bug gets some love this gen as well as what sounds like a cool type combo for Ice if you want I can tell you, but it is leak related so spoilers for that. Also they haven't officially revealed Koraidon and Miraidon's types yet. Now they got revealed via leaks, but wondering if offical reveal will come before release we are down to the wire now.

Last edited:

CiciStormy

Living Rotomdex
Imagine beating the Champion route first and coming back to team Star after you've done so, and getting kicked out of the camp by some loser grunts. At that point your team would be strong enough that you wouldn't have to take crap from anybody
Just because you are the champion doesn't mean you are a savage. Politeness is also a Champion trait.
LOLZ, that would be hilarious. You have a full team of Level 100 Pokemon and some loser with a Level 19 Growlithe grabs you by the scruff and boots you out of the camp. :cool:

Also!!

The 3 Pokeball shakes before a confirmed catch are indeed IN the games.

Many were thinking it was removed due to how catches have been shown, but the iconic 3 shakes are still in the games.
And this is why trailers are not meant to be gospel. Seriously, I'd be scared if it was only one shake. (Have been forced to play Dynamax Adventures way too much just to get all of the legendaries for my living Dex which I know I can't finish before S/V release. ) :(