• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Seems like Meltan 2.0 in that it’s a Pokémon that connects the mainline games to Go. However, they seem to have learned from their mistakes and made this one obtainable in a mainline region, too. As someone who doesn’t play Go but likes Meltan this always really bugged me, especially as it even received a G-Max.

CiciStormy

Living Rotomdex
Seems like Meltan 2.0 in that it’s a Pokémon that connects the mainline games to Go. However, they seem to have learned from their mistakes and made this one obtainable in a mainline region, too. As someone who doesn’t play Go but likes Meltan this always really bugged me, especially as it even received a G-Max.
Yeah, I am glad that GO isn't required to get this Pokemon as I will never be able to complete my Living Dex as I can't connect to Pokemon GO on my phone so I just uninstalled it as it was annoying(my dad yelled at me for playing in at the local Home Depot XD) and that means I can never get Meltan or Melmetal(as Sword and Shield won't let you Wonder Trade them and I'd have to go into seedy discord servers to get someone to trade these to me), but it seems that you can only get the Chest Form in game and you can only get the Roaming Form in GO and have to transfer it by some method. I like the Roaming Form more but I'll just catch my treasure chest because I despise Pokemon GO. X(

scififan21

I think you can get the Roaming Form and when you connect you get it in Pokemon Go apparently you can't transfer directly from Go to Scarlet and Violet. It is probably a challenge to actually catch the Roaming Form in SV though so I'm sure it isn't impossible just really hard work. I don't play GO anymore takes way to much space on my phone and drains my battery stupid fast.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Yeah, I am glad that GO isn't required to get this Pokemon as I will never be able to complete my Living Dex as I can't connect to Pokemon GO on my phone so I just uninstalled it as it was annoying(my dad yelled at me for playing in at the local Home Depot XD) and that means I can never get Meltan or Melmetal(as Sword and Shield won't let you Wonder Trade them and I'd have to go into seedy discord servers to get someone to trade these to me), but it seems that you can only get the Chest Form in game and you can only get the Roaming Form in GO and have to transfer it by some method. I like the Roaming Form more but I'll just catch my treasure chest because I despise Pokemon GO. X(
I would even be ok if the Roaming form is unobtainable without Go, it’s understandable that they want to promote that game, too. So having a different form depending on which game the Mon was caught is a good middle ground.

But Meltan was just handled atrociously, promoted in the SM anime and given a G-Max, but only obtainable via Go. Yikes

aerial_ace

Another paldea pokemon i don't like, at this rate i will struggle to have a team of 6. I hope there will be some nice surprises once i start playing the game because so far i am disappointed with the selection. There's lots of ghost pokemon in this game which i like because it is one of my favourite type hopefully gimmighoul will have a cool evo. It is interesting to know the roaming form is portrait to be very rare maybe this mon will play some role in the story. Less than two weeks to find out

scififan21

Not going to play Pokémon go , so bye bye roaming form
I honestly think you can get it in SV I mean it is hidden in one of the shots in the 14 minute trailer and Go is obviously not compatible at the time of that trailer release. I think they learned from the Meltan/Melmetal mistake, I never got one myself got really bored of GO at that time and I hadn't planned to buy SwSh at that point in time either though I did buy Sword later on.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I actually think there will be a way to get Roaming Gimmighoul in SV without Go, possibly as an in game trade.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
So I think Roaming Form is more or less living itemfinder to help you find coins.

Like the Korok Mask and Korok Seeds.

Seems that if you can't find the 999 coins yourself, you can look forward to the roaming form transfer to help you out.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Has it been said anywhere if you need Pokemon Go to get Roaming Gimmighoul? Or will both forms be available in Scarlet and Violet themselves without it? I don't have Pokemon Go any more, so if you do need it for the Roaming Form, I just hope it can be traded for on Pokemon Home and people don't make unreasonable trade requests like Pharoah Furfrou or hacked level 9 Glastrier.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Has it been said anywhere if you need Pokemon Go to get Roaming Gimmighoul? Or will both forms be available in Scarlet and Violet themselves without it? I don't have Pokemon Go any more, so if you do need it for the Roaming Form, I just hope it can be traded for on Pokemon Home and people don't make unreasonable trade requests like Pharoah Furfrou or hacked level 9 Glastrier.
I don’t think it has been specifically said that you can catching the Roaming Form Gimmighoul in Scarlet & Violet but I don’t see any reason for why you couldn’t trade for one.

As for will there be any unreasonable trades, I’m sorry to say that’s just a fact of life there are always going to be some people that ask for unreasonable trade requests.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
They specfically say no one in Paldea has caught one, which doesn't confirm anything but kinda implies you can't.

ShadowForce720

They specfically say no one in Paldea has caught one, which doesn't confirm anything but kinda implies you can't.
It implies that you can’t catch in Paldea but that doesn’t mean that your not able to trade for it in Scarlet & Violet or transfer from Go to Home to Scarlet & Violet.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Pokemon gets its first mimic-like Pokemon and it is pretty cute compared to the vicious monsters in other RPGs. Though its influence is mercifully milder compared to other RPG mimics (making the victim compiled to collect coins rather than trying to kill them).

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
It implies that you can’t catch in Paldea but that doesn’t mean that your not able to trade for it in Scarlet & Violet or transfer from Go to Home to Scarlet & Violet.
My thoughts exactly. It could be like the Alola forms in LGPE and SwSh where you just trade a Chest Gimmighoul for a Roaming one.

MidnightHo-Oh

Pokemon gets its first mimic-like Pokemon and it is pretty cute compared to the vicious monsters in other RPGs. Though its influence is mercifully milder compared to other RPG mimics (making the victim compiled to collect coins rather than trying to kill them).
FYI, we have had plenty of mimic-like Pokémon prior to now... Voltorb & Electrode (both regions), Bonsly & Sudowoodo, Foongus & Amoongus, Stunfisk (both regions), Sandygast & Palossand, and probably others I can't recall.