• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Copley Hill Gym

Just a quick Segway on the map for Paldea...

If we look at Paldea and Kalos together, we can see that actually, there's a region between them (if we are assuming "in universe" Kalos and Paldea are linked as their inspirations, France and Spain, are).

o4NTZ83Ei4oTkbfw0OcTSeNJAcLCGj8caSAjPCiHjFU.png

Pokemon_Paldea_Map.jpg

b0qwe9rpfsf91.png

This blended map illustrates the thing very well - Kalos only occupies Northern France, leaving Southern France in-between the two regions.

What I do find fascinating is that both regions have an area of mountains between them which seems to tie in to each other's land mass.

If there's a new DLC with more landmass available, it makes sense it is in that top right hand corner. But that doesn't mean we are going back to Kalos: it does mean there is potential for a new part of the Paldea region that is based on that area in Southern France.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Just a quick Segway on the map for Paldea...

If we look at Paldea and Kalos together, we can see that actually, there's a region between them (if we are assuming "in universe" Kalos and Paldea are linked as their inspirations, France and Spain, are).

o4NTZ83Ei4oTkbfw0OcTSeNJAcLCGj8caSAjPCiHjFU.png
Pokemon_Paldea_Map.jpg

b0qwe9rpfsf91.png

This blended map illustrates the thing very well - Kalos only occupies Northern France, leaving Southern France in-between the two regions.

What I do find fascinating is that both regions have an area of mountains between them which seems to tie in to each other's land mass.

If there's a new DLC with more landmass available, it makes sense it is in that top right hand corner. But that doesn't mean we are going back to Kalos: it does mean there is potential for a new part of the Paldea region that is based on that area in Southern France.

Could be the equivalent of Andorra between them

_88447478_andorra_map.gif

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
What the ... is what shitty and out of place song? What does it have to do with Pokemon?
They showed nothing new and they could ATLEAST let us hear some battle music or something!!!! ;;
The song was made for the game and is apparently in the game too.

INFO EVERYONE!

Two new Pokémon have been revealed: Great Tusk and Iron Treads. You will investigate them with details from the Scarlet or Violet books

The first Tera Raid Battle event has been announced. Charizard with the Dragon Tera Type will be available from December 2nd through 5th and again from December 16th through 19th. It has the "Mightiest Mark"

Eevee will be in Tera Raid Battles during an Eevee Spotlight event from November 25th through 28th

You can get special Rotom Phone cases in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet if you have save file data for Pokémon Sword, Shield, Legends Arceus, Brilliant Diamond, Shining Pearl or Let's Go

Xanhawk

Pokemon HOME won't be getting SV compatibility until Spring 2023, so March/April.

and having a previous switch title gives you a special phone case.

Kind of a lackluster trailer but that was somewhat expected. Still not entirely sure who that Ed Sheeran song is meant to appeal to.
From the quick glance we got I prefer Iron Treads or Great Tusk. Great Tusk generally just makes Donphan rougher and adds more spikes, which was a design trend I got tired of with Mega Evolutions. On the other hand, I'm always interested in more cybernetic or mechanical Pokémon.

CiciStormy

Living Rotomdex
Anyways, on to the new trailer. They confirmed that you can get Pokemon outside of the Dex in Tera Raids as they showed a image of a Dragon Tera Raid for Charizard, and that Eevee event is just a bunch of Tera Raids where you can get a Tera Electric/Grass/Water/Fire Eevee so I think a lot of people are very upset that it wasn't a new Eeveelution. Also, they showed Kleavor in Paldea so you can get Hisuan forms, but I think you have to trade them from Pokemon HOME. Also, they showed the Paradox Donphan that was rumored though I think those are just titles because I doubt that "Iron Treads" and "Great Tusk" is a valid Pokemon name. ;)

They showed the Dragon Tera 'hat', but other than that and a few other things, there is nothing new. No starter evolutions so we will never find out what the starter evolve into until we actually get the games. So not going to play the games as soon as I get them, I want to get some info and see if the starters are props or slops. :(

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart

Julia Artemis

If we can evolve Eevee I'd be excited to give a Sylveon a Fire Terra because it could learn Mystical Fire and probably would be the one Eeveelution to really benefit from getting a different Terra

Julia Artemis

There's no way they would basically give the same name to these Donphans as the box legendaries. I mean c'mon. And yeah they are designed to reference the legendary Pokemon sure but they will have different names like maybe Antiguodon and Futurodon but also most likely not. Seriously I will be mad if Koraidonphan and Miraidonphan are the names. Peak lazy

falconlord

Definitely not.

Personally, I'm about 50/50 on whether or not Great Tusk/Iron Treads are their actual names. On the one hand, it seems like we're investigating these guys, right? Filling up the Scarlet and Violet books. So we fill those out, we could find out their real names. Also, Great Tusk and Iron Treads are named more like Abilities than Pokémon

On the other hand, it would not be the weirdest Pokémon names ever.

Copley Hill Gym

I think Koraidonphan and Miraidonphan are quite clever, tying into the box legendaries...and that might actually be the theme. Think about it: a new naming convention where the prefix to the Pokemon's actual name indicates if it is future or past. You could reasonably get:

Koraidon
Koraidonphan
Koraibuff
Koraimence
Korainana

Miraidon
Miraidonphan
Miraiynitar
Miraiyama

The only issue with this, we know this probably isn't true because if it was, you'd think Cyclizar would have "don" at the end of its name, or the box legendaries would have "lizar" at the end of these.

I could totally see the Korai and Mirai prefixes being used though.

Copley Hill Gym

Definitely not.

Personally, I'm about 50/50 on whether or not Great Tusk/Iron Treads are their actual names. On the one hand, it seems like we're investigating these guys, right? Filling up the Scarlet and Violet books. So we fill those out, we could find out their real names. Also, Great Tusk and Iron Treads are named more like Abilities than Pokémon

On the other hand, it would not be the weirdest Pokémon names ever.

They are definitely not their actual names. It's like the pokedex entry for Lugia - "Guardian of the seas" - it's a moniker, nickname, etc: part of the mythos around the creature. Its actual name hasn't been revealed yet.

Xanhawk

I think Koraidonphan and Miraidonphan are quite clever, tying into the box legendaries...and that might actually be the theme. Think about it: a new naming convention where the prefix to the Pokemon's actual name indicates if it is future or past. You could reasonably get:

Koraidon
Koraidonphan
Koraibuff
Koraimence
Korainana

Miraidon
Miraidonphan
Miraiynitar
Miraiyama

The only issue with this, we know this probably isn't true because if it was, you'd think Cyclizar would have "don" at the end of its name, or the box legendaries would have "lizar" at the end of these.

I could totally see the Korai and Mirai prefixes being used though.
-lizar and -don

Lizardon.

Charizard confirmed.

Joking aside, if we are still taking Khu at gospel, the paradox pokemon’s name have nothing of the original’s names associated with it.

So even if Korai and Mirai are a theme with the names, -phan, -puff, -mence, etc wouldn’t be part of their names.