• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

ShinyPie

Fruity & Delicious
I’m praying the iron treads and great tusk names are temporary and like the original UB code names we got before release:
  • Nihilego (codenamed UB-01 Symbiont)
  • Buzzwole (codenamed UB-02 Absorption)
  • Pheromosa (codenamed UB-02 Beauty)
  • Xurkitree (codenamed UB-03 Lighting)
  • Celesteela (codenamed UB-04 Blaster)
  • Kartana (codenamed UB-04 Blade)
  • Guzzlord (codenamed UB-05 Glutton)

Pokemon Power

I’m praying the iron treads and great tusk names are temporary and like the original UB code names we got before release:
  • Nihilego (codenamed UB-01 Symbiont)
  • Buzzwole (codenamed UB-02 Absorption)
  • Pheromosa (codenamed UB-02 Beauty)
  • Xurkitree (codenamed UB-03 Lighting)
  • Celesteela (codenamed UB-04 Blaster)
  • Kartana (codenamed UB-04 Blade)
  • Guzzlord (codenamed UB-05 Glutton)
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're just nicknames.

Xanhawk

According to Pearlenthusiast, they're the official names.

(This is the person whom, with Khu, gave us the compiled list of returning Pokemon.)

Last edited:

Totodi1e

The silent boy of mystery!
Tiny detail I loved: clothing brands are back. That's from DENSOKU.

FhDe3hLWYAY8Ofr

Totodi1e

The silent boy of mystery!
Would this be the first time a Pokémon since Ho-oh has had more than one word in its official name? (Ho-oh technically two words, hyphenated).
Type: Null, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Lele, Mime Jr., Mr. Rime...

Xanhawk

I checked the JP site, and Future Donphan is 「鉄の轍」(iron track) while past Donphan is 「偉大な牙」(great fang).

There are others citing Khu saying all the Future Pokemon have Iron in their name. I can't be assed to look through their twitter to find where they would have said that tho. I'm taking it as is.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
If anything, I’m glad that the Charizard event confirms that marks are back. They were one of my favorite features from SWSH since they made my pokémon feel unique whenever they came out of their pokéballs & I kind of liked collecting them more than I liked collecting shinies

Also, I personally don’t care if “Great Tusks” & “Iron Treads” are the Donphans’ actual names since that’s what nicknames are for. If I catch them I may just nickname them a proper pokémon name like “Pummelphant” & “Motoderm”

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
New Donphan are cool but I’m more into the PLA & BDSP Rotom Phone Cases. They look sick.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Like both Donphans variations though I prefer the look of the mammoth-like past version. R.I.P the dream of those hoping something like what was done in BDSP and Legends: Arceus (bonus Mythical Pokemon to catch with save files from other games) but now there is no "pressure" to get previous titles, the Arceus case is my favourite of the bunch.

ShinyPie

Fruity & Delicious
I really like the Ed Sheeran Celestial song.... and I hate that I like it. Not an Ed Sheeran fan at all, but here he's gone full Eurovision with this song and it's VERY catchy....

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So this Future Donphan looks hella weird.

Why are all the future pokemon robots? That is not sitting right with me.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
In Gen 5, Black City is all too techy... Pokemon thinks the future is all about steel and electric circuitry.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So this Future Donphan looks hella weird.

Why are all the future pokemon robots? That is not sitting right with me.
I think they're supposed to be more techno-organic than full on robots, since they have robotic bodies but (based on Miraidon) they act like regular living organisms

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Some people seem to have forgotten that this isn't the leak thread.