• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

falconlord

Reviews for the game should be out Thursday morning in the US. Any expected Metacritic scores? Do reviews affect you?

The highest is 88 for XY. Followed by 87 for HGSS, BW, and SM. DP is 85. USUM & Legends are 84.

Reviews are for suckers.

'Play for two hours or less, scribble something down to meet the deadline, then rush off to the next game' is a poor method of doing business.

Oooor you can rely on user reviews, written by people who whine about not understanding mechanics that are thoroughly explained in the tutorial.

Kangaflora

Once this game gets released, I would like to know the customisation clothes available for Scarlet and Violet.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Unfortunately, I won't be able to buy the games on the day of release, my electric and water bills are due a couple of days after, and my rent a week after that, so they need to take priority. In a way that works for me, it gives me time to watch gameplay on YouTube and get a feel of the game, and I like to research what Pokemon, items and trainer battles there are on each route, so this gives me time to do that.

Last edited:

Missingno.Fan

I probably won’t be getting the game until Saturday. I’m avoiding story spoilers, but I’m looking at the Pokédex entries here and Bulbapdia.

Kaddy2009

Hoping to get Scarlet (for myself) and Violet (for my sister) tomorrow, even though I already have Violet on my Switch.

CiciStormy

Living Rotomdex
I saw on Youtube that Crabrawler will need an Ice Stone to evolve, like how they changed Charjabug to evolve with a Thunder Stone in Sw/Sh.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Hey do you remember when regions had a lot of offpath exploration and not being a glorified hallway museum?

Paldea is just hitting those sweetspots. Just hit Mezagosa City. The area from the start of the game until Mezagosa was so good. Spended like four hours in that little bit of the map. Many trainer, items, coins, alternate paths, optional areas etc. And the Pokemon were A LOT more interactive.

The towns were rather bad as of now but those four hours were the most fun I had with a Pokemon game since a very long time. That's how you do an open world ( looking at you Legends Arceus).

That little bit of story also looks very promising.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Hey do you remember when regions had a lot of offpath exploration and not being a glorified hallway museum?

Paldea is just hitting those sweetspots. Just hit Mezagosa City. The area from the start of the game until Mezagosa was so good. Spended like four hours in that little bit of the map. Many trainer, items, coins, alternate paths, optional areas etc. And the Pokemon were A LOT more interactive.

The towns were rather bad as of now but those four hours were the most fun I had with a Pokemon game since a very long time. That's how you do an open world ( looking at you Legends Arceus).

That little bit of story also looks very promising.
What did u think of performance and frame rates ?

scififan21

Amazon hasn't shipped my dual pack yet says it will be delivered by 10pm tomorrow I hope for earlier then that I paid for realease day delivery and I want it by the time I get off work at 7:30 pm. Other orders from Amazon have generally arrived mid afternoon at our apartment.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Amazon hasn't shipped my dual pack yet says it will be delivered by 10pm tomorrow I hope for earlier then that I paid for realease day delivery and I want it by the time I get off work at 7:30 pm. Other orders from Amazon have generally arrived mid afternoon at our apartment.
I’ve ordered through Amazon for SwSh, BDSP and PLA and on average it seems like I get charged late Thursday. It travels overnight to my city and is delivered around 2-3pm. Hope that eases your mind.

falconlord

At least you guys are getting your emails :(

I haven't heard anything from BestBuy yet.

scififan21

At least you guys are getting your emails :(

I haven't heard anything from BestBuy yet.
I haven't got my email I just checked my orders on Amazon and it had updated a delivery time so that is a good sign at least. I've never preordered from Best Buy I hope yours comes too. Maybe you can talk to customer service for some answers?

falconlord

I haven't got my email I just checked my orders on Amazon and it had updated a delivery time so that is a good sign at least. I've never preordered from Best Buy I hope yours comes too. Maybe you can talk to customer service for some answers?

If I don't hear anything by close of business tomorrow, I will.

I'm concerned that the issue isn't on Best Buy's end, but Canada Post's. And, sadly, without a Canada Post tracking number there is nothing I can inquire about

scififan21

If I don't hear anything by close of business tomorrow, I will.

I'm concerned that the issue isn't on Best Buy's end, but Canada Post's. And, sadly, without a Canada Post tracking number there is nothing I can inquire about
Would Best Buy have your tracking number? I live in the US so I'm not sure how mailing works in Canada.

falconlord

Would Best Buy have your tracking number? I live in the US so I'm not sure how mailing works in Canada.
Different numbers.

There's the Best Buy order number and then there's Canada Post tracking number for when Canada Post actually picks up the package in preparation for delivery.

And, unfortunately, it doesn't look like Canada Post has picked up the package yet.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
For any help regarding your game-related question, a dedicated HELP THREAD has been created.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Personal opinion: I'm still going to try & enjoy the games despite all of their glitches and visual problems.

I know this makes me sound like a shill, & I've seen enough clips to know what people are talking about (& YEESH some stuff looks horrible), but I'm not one of those people who get too hung up on stuff like frame rates, clipping, drop distance, or whatever. I play pokemon just to immerse myself into the series and I've been able to do that even with the poor graphics. I was able to enjoy SWSH & Legends just fine (and I was able to handle the low frame rate from SM's battles, so I'm going to try & enjoy SV and hope another patch will fix these issues in the future.

Plus, I need some sort of distraction this weekend since my week's been lousy and my main source of promoting my work (Twitter) is currently dying T__T