• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
Personal opinion: I'm still going to try & enjoy the games despite all of their glitches and visual problems.

I know this makes me sound like a shill, & I've seen enough clips to know what people are talking about (& YEESH some stuff looks horrible), but I'm not one of those people who get too hung up on stuff like frame rates, clipping, drop distance, or whatever. I play pokemon just to immerse myself into the series and I've been able to do that even with the poor graphics. I was able to enjoy SWSH & Legends just fine (and I was able to handle the low frame rate from SM's battles, so I'm going to try & enjoy SV and hope another patch will fix these issues in the future.

Plus, I need some sort of distraction this weekend since my week's been lousy and my main source of promoting my work (Twitter) is currently dying T__T
Exactly same reason why I am still going to buy it... everything else has been crappy in my staying country so far and... I need something fun and positive.

Baggie_Saiyan

Amazon just messaged me saying it's coming between 3 and 6, I knew this would happen which is why I didn't take a day off lol

So excited !!!!

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Does anyone know if a strategy guide book is coming out on English for Scarlet and Violet? The only info I could find was a GameRant article about a Japanese version.

scififan21

Amazon just messaged me saying it's coming between 3 and 6, I knew this would happen which is why I didn't take a day off lol

So excited !!!!
Mine says 8pm but still better then 10pm which was what it said yesterday when it shipped out at 9 pm. XD

ShinyNoob

Ive got potentially 20 pokes i want to use. i've split it by the 3 stories but my concern is that the titan battles are just 5 and im not sure i'll be able to get the most out of that team

is there enough of a story / levelling up with that to continue or should i stick to two teams across the 3 stories and do another playthrough with a separate set of pokes?

Julia Artemis

So I'm only 2 hours in but am enjoying it so far. Definitely hoping we get a patch to fix performance issues eventually since it's definitely an issue but respect them taking big swings at something different. Though the lack of clothing options does suck. That my biggest issue so far and the hats are terrible

scififan21

My games came about three hours ago luckily I went home for my lunch break. My 6 year old saw me looking at them and said he was so excited so I set him up to play while I'm at work. He was so happy I wasn't about to say no and besides I can't play until I get off work. Dad is there to help if he gets stuck though I'm more of the Pokemon player/expert in our house.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Does anyone know when & how you’re supposed to get your pre-order bonus codes for the game? I got Violet physically through Best Buy & Scarlet on the eShop but I haven’t gotten an email or anything yet

Orphalesion

I got Violet today and....wow, I'm really impressed (and even kinda overwhelmed) with how many Pokemon are available early on. In most games I have a couple (like around 3) Pokemon early on until I get to the ones I want.
Here? I already have a team of six Pokemon and am at a loss at whom to bench to make room for others I want as well haha.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I’ve played for about 2-3 hours so far. Overall, I’m impressed. They definitely swung for the fences on this one, and they hit the ball pretty deep.

Regarding performance issues, I haven’t seen anything game breaking so far. The engine can definitely use optimization and the graphics could use a little more polish. There are a few places where the FPS drops or there is some lag, like the transition into battles or switching Pokemon, and there have been some little graphics issues that seem to be related to camera angles. There are also some weird things when the engine is drawing people or Pokemon that are moving in the distance.

I don’t think the performance issues are as bad as some have said, and these issues could partially based on the generation of Switch hardware that is being used. I’m playing handheld on a Switch Lite, and the game is installed on a 256GB V30/U3 class Micro-SD card.

Does anyone know when & how you’re supposed to get your pre-order bonus codes for the game? I got Violet physically through Best Buy & Scarlet on the eShop but I haven’t gotten an email or anything yet
The preorder bonuses for the physical games will be on a card in the case.

You should have received an email last week when your card was charged that has the eShop preorder bonus codes.

Absolutely Absol

It's just Absol...
Played for 2 hours so far... fun but suffers from performance issues. I'm sure some you guys have watched that video where player catches Pokémon but it gets laggy and re-loads land. Yeah, when I caught Wooper at that spot, it has done same as that video.

I heard that some people said that game loads whole land at once... that's too much and unnecessary. Why not just load part of land if you're at low area surrounded by hills. Only render full Paldea if you're top of mountain. I wonder if all Xenoblade games and BotW load or partial load map. Well, Xenoblade games have separated maps but they're still large.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
It’s truly remarkable how many people are saying “in the very few hours I’ve played I’ve seen dozens of examples of technical issues” but with sympathetic phrasing.

I had to drive several hours for the holidays but tonight I look forward to seeing whether the game holds up to the prevalent performance issues.

Orphalesion

It’s truly remarkable how many people are saying “in the very few hours I’ve played I’ve seen dozens of examples of technical issues” but with sympathetic phrasing.
I mean people have different priorities. Personally I'd say the frame-rate drop on people and Pokemon in Mesagoza is pretty bad until you get pretty close to them.
But at the same time, I'm not very bothered all that much by things like that.

epithumia

Poison-type enthusiast
are starters genderlocked? I've resetted a few times already (trying for a modest Fuecoco) and none of them was female