• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
started my run in Scarlet after getting the double pack. Chose Fuecoco. But now I need to figure out who I should try using. Baxcalibur is a lock on the roster tho due to me having a code of always having at least one pseudo on the team no matter what.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
One more thing I’ve noticed about the performance - it seems to be a little better when my Switch is plugged in and using AC power.

Baggie_Saiyan

I love how Bird Pokemon are in the air in battles! I thought that was a glitch at first lol

Anyway 3hrs in and honestly no performance issues that have bothered me

Game looks absolutely gorgeous too. I love the UI and how even start menu blends into the background

Music is massive Alola vibes too!

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
Caved and downloaded Violet last night. Picked Sprig as my starter and gotta say I’m loving the game so far, performance issues aside. Found a Shiny Scatterbug just outside Mesagoza but I’m not gonna use it (new ‘mons only policy). Picking up a physical copy of both Scarlet and Violet tomorrow. Gotta say this is the most fun I’ve had with a Pokémon game since Sun and Moon.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Due to being underwhelmed by SwSh, I've been watching playthroughs and other YouTube videos of the games this time around to get a feel for the games before I decide if I wanna buy. I've still got a long way to go, but so far I feel I'm making the right choice. I'm not too thrilled thus far with what I'm seeing.

One of the biggest flaws of the games is, of course, the character customization. You only get the four uniform styles. But in regards to the other types of "clothing items", there are more total items than in SwSh. It's as if GF KNEW that people were going to be disappointed by the being forced to wear the uniform that they went as far as they did to expand on the other types of options. As for the options themselves, I have actually found myself laughing at a lot of them. They are hilariously bad.

Man, I truly envy the NPCs in the game. They all get to wear normal clothing. And a lot of the NPCs wear things that I would want my trainer to wear instead of the uniform.

Another negative I have is that the games feel... kiddish? Like as though the target demographic for these games is even younger than usual.

One positive I do have though is that the game has a relaxing sort of feel to it (not sure if that's intentional or not). It's also pretty to look at (though I did also say the same for SwSh). I also am really enjoying seeing the school aesthetic.

Overall, there are a few things to like, but I'm as of this moment with what I've seen so far, I'm definitely not ready to buy these games yet.

shadowF

Decided on Skeledirge as my starter, any good teammates to team him up with to play him competitively?

DKN117

Legend Tamer
Got the Double Pack, but haven't gotten to play yet due to being very busy today. Will likely start tomorrow. But I have encountered a conundrum.

In my personal notes, saved pictures, etc., I have my own fanmade Pokédex order - by which I mean, no "fakemons", but Pokémon's Nat-Dex numbers are different because I have evolutionary families all slotted together. Like, #1 to #24 (Bulbasaur to Arbok) are the same as official, but #25 is Pichu, making Pikachu #26 and Raichu #27, and it piles up from there (Mew is presently #187). Every time new prevolutions or evolutions are introduced (like, say, Wyrdeer and Kleavor for recent examples), everyone's number gets shifted forward to allow the new 'mon to be slotted in. This includes for regional-form evolutions (example: Kantonian Meowth is #57A, Alolan is #57B, Galarian is #57C, K. Persian is #58A, A. Persian is #58B, and Perrserker is #59).

Now, I know that when I get around to updating the my-dex, Scarlet & Violet are going to result in another mass number-shift thanks to Farigiraf, Clodsire, etc. But I don't know what to do about the Paradox Pokémon. Do I count them as new forms (example: #42 Jigglypuff becomes #42A, the new Primal-Puff becomes #42B, with Wigglytuff staying #43), or as new members of the evolutionary family even though strictly speaking there's no evolution involved (Jiggly is #42, PrimalPuff becomes #43, Wigglytuff gets bumped to #44), or do I not slot them into their non-Paradox counterparts' places in the my-dex at all, counting them as wholly new Pokémon way down in the Paldea Evolutionary Families section (similar to how, in the my-dex, Regigigas (#497), the Crown Tundra Regis (#900 & #901), and Enamorus (#905) are not grouped with their previous-gen fellows; (the classic Regio Trio are #417-419, Tornadus, Thundurus, & Landorus are #654, #655, & #658))?

What do you guys think?

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Got the Double Pack, but haven't gotten to play yet due to being very busy today. Will likely start tomorrow. But I have encountered a conundrum.

In my personal notes, saved pictures, etc., I have my own fanmade Pokédex order - by which I mean, no "fakemons", but Pokémon's Nat-Dex numbers are different because I have evolutionary families all slotted together. Like, #1 to #24 (Bulbasaur to Arbok) are the same as official, but #25 is Pichu, making Pikachu #26 and Raichu #27, and it piles up from there (Mew is presently #187). Every time new prevolutions or evolutions are introduced (like, say, Wyrdeer and Kleavor for recent examples), everyone's number gets shifted forward to allow the new 'mon to be slotted in. This includes for regional-form evolutions (example: Kantonian Meowth is #57A, Alolan is #57B, Galarian is #57C, K. Persian is #58A, A. Persian is #58B, and Perrserker is #59).

Now, I know that when I get around to updating the my-dex, Scarlet & Violet are going to result in another mass number-shift thanks to Farigiraf, Clodsire, etc. But I don't know what to do about the Paradox Pokémon. Do I count them as new forms (example: #42 Jigglypuff becomes #42A, the new Primal-Puff becomes #42B, with Wigglytuff staying #43), or as new members of the evolutionary family even though strictly speaking there's no evolution involved (Jiggly is #42, PrimalPuff becomes #43, Wigglytuff gets bumped to #44), or do I not slot them into their non-Paradox counterparts' places in the my-dex at all, counting them as wholly new Pokémon way down in the Paldea Evolutionary Families section (similar to how, in the my-dex, Regigigas (#497), the Crown Tundra Regis (#900 & #901), and Enamorus (#905) are not grouped with their previous-gen fellows; (the classic Regio Trio are #417-419, Tornadus, Thundurus, & Landorus are #654, #655, & #658))?

What do you guys think?

If I'm correct, Paradox Pokémon are not forms, but brand new pokemon. I'd say have them on their own.

Last edited:

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.

What do you guys think?
I would be them after the line ox
Pokémon they are paradoxes of one of e.g. paradox Pikachu ( just a hypothetical) would be #27 but with that logic I'd move the Regis to be together. So I'd say if not they leave them at the end of paldea lines.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.

Missingno.Fan

I was going to get Scarlet, but at the last minute I’m debating if I should get Violet because my brother says he’s getting Scarlet. Is pretty much the only major difference the Paradox Pokémon?

scififan21

Beat the bug gym and Klawf now I got to pick a Star Base to do? I think Dark is the recommended one to do first right? I evolved my Lechonk and I love his evolution too. and now got a Gimminghoul so the coin hunt begins. :) I love the size of this map!