• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Autobot N

For whatever reason it always starts raining whenever I start one of the boss fights, which is particularly annoying when I picked Fuecoco

ShinyNoob

The game is okay so far but it should not have been released like this. The performance issues are so bad - how did it pass QA. The game IMO is a step down from Arceus - that game had issues but the implementation of that was 100% better than this.

Sad thing is they wont care and will still release these poor, buggy games - wasn't this the most pre-ordered pokemon game ever.

It's all about getting their holiday releases, they should stick to a 3 / 4 year release cycle so they can maybe release a decent game

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The game is okay so far but it should not have been released like this. The performance issues are so bad - how did it pass QA. The game IMO is a step down from Arceus - that game had issues but the implementation of that was 100% better than this.

Sad thing is they wont care and will still release these poor, buggy games - wasn't this the most pre-ordered pokemon game ever.

It's all about getting their holiday releases, they should stick to a 3 / 4 year release cycle so they can maybe release a decent game
I’m very disappointed in them
The game seems nice and the map is huge.
But it is laggy and with awful frame rates
I can’t fully enjoy the game at this condition.
Idk how they released the game if it’s so laggy.
I don’t call them lazy. But I will say that they don’t give the proper respect to their fans

Baggie_Saiyan

Beat the bug gym and Klawf now I got to pick a Star Base to do? I think Dark is the recommended one to do first right? I evolved my Lechonk and I love his evolution too. and now got a Gimminghoul so the coin hunt begins. :) I love the size of this map!
What level does Lechonk evolve? I have spare roon in my party so I may just leave him there if it's short

vondecayle

How are you going to play these games?
1. What paths are you going to take first?
2. Are you going to do all 3 alternately?
3. Are you going to explore all places and cities first and only then begin the paths? Or each city at a time?
4. Are you going to traverse using the recommended order or make ur own?
1. First, I captured the pokemon I wanted the most. I’ve starter off with gyms first so that my pokemon actually listen to me!
2. I’m going for gyms first, but I think I’ll take on some Team Star bases in between. Sort of like the old games where the evil team shows up in the middle of your journey.
3. Each city at a time.
4. I think I’ve been following my own order to an extent!

vondecayle

Reviews for the game should be out Thursday morning in the US. Any expected Metacritic scores? Do reviews affect you?

The highest is 88 for XY. Followed by 87 for HGSS, BW, and SM. DP is 85. USUM & Legends are 84.
I’m surprised XY has the highest rating, considering all the criticism they get!

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Anyone interested in joining a Union Circle with me later today to help each other evolve our Finizen? I’m in EST and it will be this afternoon.

JourneymanN00b

General question: Will there be a patch released by GameFreak or Nintendo to deal with any performance issues in the next several weeks? Considering getting it on Black Friday.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
welp, I think I got my first crash. It's stuck at the loading screen after I finished a raid lmao.

edit: oh wait nvm, it's done. Took a few minutes tho, sheesh.

ShinyNoob

I’m very disappointed in them
The game seems nice and the map is huge.
But it is laggy and with awful frame rates
I can’t fully enjoy the game at this condition.
Idk how they released the game if it’s so laggy.
I don’t call them lazy. But I will say that they don’t give the proper respect to their fans
Its a shame as it had so much potential. PLA was the best game for me as a whole (mechanics, gameplay, story (had the most shinies from here too lol)

I kind of dont want to play until they fix it but i dont think thats coming anytime soon. so im just going to play with one team finish the game and hopefully when they patch it up, i'll play a new runthrough with the other set of pokes i didn;t catch

ShadowForce720

You know one thing I don’t get was why they decided to change the effect of Rare Candy back to not being to be used to evolve a level 100 Pokémon again.

Because I’m Sword&Shield you could evolve a level 100 Pokémon by using a Rare Candy.

I mean I can’t really think of a single good reason to specifically prevent people from evolving Pokémon that are at level 100 that evolve via level up.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I just took out Tulip for my sixth Gym Badge. I was down to Cyclizar and Murkrow against the Florges and I barely defeated her using U Turn with Murkrow taking the final hit from Florges before Cyclizar used U Turn to take out the sliver of health left.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
You know one thing I don’t get was why they decided to change the effect of Rare Candy back to not being to be used to evolve a level 100 Pokémon again.

Because I’m Sword&Shield you could evolve a level 100 Pokémon by using a Rare Candy.

I mean I can’t really think of a single good reason to specifically prevent people from evolving Pokémon that are at level 100 that evolve via level up.
Game Freak has made weird reversions this gen. They already removed Set Mode entirely.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The moment I finally had complete freedom, I made a beeline to Medali to get that Amulet Coin. I'm underleveled and had no choice but to catch the Pokemon in the area just to fight 5 trainers int he area to get the item.

I'm 15+ hours in and I still don't have any badge lol.

I am really enjoying the game, but the stutters... sheesh. Every 2-3 hours, I had to restart the console to refresh the framerate.

Autobot N

Found myself a Shiny Masquerain while looking for Iron Thorns and Valiant in Area Zero. Idk why neither of them ever spawned in all the time I spent looking for them (yes I'm aware Valiant is only in that specific cave) but it's almost insulting that I found a Shiny first

scififan21

What level does Lechonk evolve? I have spare roon in my party so I may just leave him there if it's short
I forgot if it was 18 or 20 honestly somewhere around there. Also found a shiny Psyduck wondering around in the background while I was catching another Pokemon and my son found a random Shiny Lechonk today as well. XD