• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
For reference, Legends Arceus has sold about 14 million total as of earlier this month
Legends Arceus had 6 million sales within the first week according to wikipedia. So Sword/Shield BDSP, Splatoon and Scarlet/Violet didn't beat the Arceus record.

If you have a Pokémon in each box it should increase to 32 boxes. That’s how many I have.
Thanks i found out that i had one box empty. Now i don't have to run out of space for the 18 types plus any spots for imports when pokemon home compatibility arrives.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
For reference, Legends Arceus has sold about 14 million total as of earlier this month
still quite impressive considering it was released 2 months after BDSP which pockets and interest would've dried up by now :d

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I’m deeply conflicted about those sales reports. At least this series is clearly going to be around forever, I guess.

Autobot N

It is kind of a shame, because the vast majority of people I've seen think the game itself is actually good. It's just the framerate issues and poor performance that are putting people off, not the actual content

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I have a feeling that the DLC will add Galarian Mr Mime given the description of the move Chilling Reception. It is literally made for Galarian Mr Mime given its species is the Comedian Pokémon.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
It is kind of a shame, because the vast majority of people I've seen think the game itself is actually good. It's just the framerate issues and poor performance that are putting people off, not the actual content
I’ve seen some people pretty upset at the content in terms of pointless feature removals and the lack of repeatable postgame content besides the raids. It’s hard to argue with much else, though - if the frame rate issues and other technical problems are patched, it really is a good Pokémon game. Story seems good so far, region is fun, Pokémon selection is great even for those like me who mostly hate the new species, it’s sufficiently challenging, etc. Sword and Shield sold countless truckloads of copies, and I personally think these are significantly better!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Pokemon Power

A couple questions that I feel haven't been answered yet. One, how many boxes are in the Pokemon storage system in these games? And two, what is the exact progression of level obedience from getting gym badges? So far, I've gotten three Gym badges, and it seems each one increases the level cap by five, as I started at level 20, at now it's at level 35.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
A couple questions that I feel haven't been answered yet. One, how many boxes are in the Pokemon storage system in these games? And two, what is the exact progression of level obedience from getting gym badges? So far, I've gotten three Gym badges, and it seems each one increases the level cap by five, as I started at level 20, at now it's at level 35.
After 5 badges it still only increased by 5 per gym. My cap is 45 even though all my Pokémon are level 50 or higher. And then there are 32 boxes for you to store your Pokémon.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
For those who’ve already beaten the game, who did you think was the stronger champion, Geeta or Nemona? Just asking out of curiosity since Nemona kind of gives the vibe of the real final champion and people have been saying that Greta’s battle is too easy.

Autobot N

For those who’ve already beaten the game, who did you think was the stronger champion, Geeta or Nemona? Just asking out of curiosity since Nemona kind of gives the vibe of the real final champion and people have been saying that Greta’s battle is too easy.
Nemona. If she's already beaten Geeta before, why is Geeta still Top Champion?

BCVM22

Because Geeta is an adult and the Chairwoman of the entire League. Nemona is a student who has defeated her and simply attained Champion Rank.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Just defeated the Bombidier Titan rather easily. Only one Spark from Bellibolt for the first round and then a Spark and one Rock Throw.

scififan21

Anybody have any advice for the Fighting Crew Boss they keep kicking my butt even though my Fidough evolved and is decently strong the car is wiping my team. :(

ShadowForce720

Anybody have any advice for the Fighting Crew Boss they keep kicking my butt even though my Fidough evolved and is decently strong the car is wiping my team. :(
Well what is your team currently like?

Also it may help if you mentioned specifically how the car is wiping your team.