• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

scififan21

Yeah Shift Gear what type is that move exactly in this fight? I will have to look up my exact levels later my son is playing currently.

My Team:
Meowscarda
Daschbun
Houndoom
Grafaiai
Pawmot
Gabite (Lower Level mostly trying to level him up for future use)

Red and Blue

Well I just finished the true ending after completing the three paths. Really hope they do something similar for the storyline of the Gen 10 games cause that was a nice change to the formula.

Side note the soundtracks for SV was fantastic. The theme for Area Zero gave me chills

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Copley Hill Gym

Yikes. Found a thread showing some more issues that could cause headaches and/or seizures.

Lighting moves and flashes way too much, etc..

Not wishing to denigrate this or make light of it, but I've done about 40 hours on the game so far and I have seen nothing like that, not even once.

I'm running the oldest gen switch and playing it on a 4K TV. You would think I'd see something like this once in 40 hours. I've seen numerous other graphical issues, but nothing like that. There seems to be an element of looking for it here.

It's concerning, for sure, but there doesn't seem to be a central issue to this other than a generic "frame rate" or "graphical" issue, and it relies on the user doing things outwith normal gaming decisions.

I do agree Scarlet/Violet needed more time for optimising and debugging, for sure.

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
I can't believe how much I love these games; did I break the game by sitting down in a chair? Sure! Have I witnessed NPCs and pokemon falling theoigh the floor, floors disappearing, glitches and framerate issues the same as everyone else? Absolutely, but honestly, I am having an absolute riot with Violet. I'm untold hours in (circa 20-25) with only 2 badges and 1 titan...I just can't stop exploring and joining Tera raids. I've got a huge team of about 15-17 pokes on rotation which is the first time over properly played like this, it's much better for not overleveling though most are at or near 25 which may still be overleveled. It's also really enjoyable and refreshing to see, catch and utilise from early doors many 'Mon that were cut from SWSH or only in BDSP for gen 8, or pokes that are making their switch debut. However, GF certainly needed to give the games a thorough debug before release; that said, I'm head over heels.

It's interesting to me that we all thought Legends was Pokemon x BOTW, but actually it's SV that fits this category more. (Sometimes slightly shamelessly what with the watchtowers, not complaining though)

MrJechgo

That's the general consensus: the game's good, but it wouyld be greater if the technical issues weren't there.

Funny that a game like Skyrim gets away with unpatched bugs aplenty, while Pokémon gets slammed for this... I've seen people comparing SV to Cyberpunk 2077... which was unplayable on consoles at launch, had game-breaking issues and was missing expected features.

Aside from the lack of level scaling in stories... and the National Dex (again), SV doesn't disappoint for the rest.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'll give them the Eri team star battle. First time I was defeated in the main quest, even if I knew what she had. That starmobile of her is bad, specially if you aren't using much special attackers. Only won second time by a mix of luck and putting Rocky Helmet on Tinkaton.

In retrospect, the battle would've been a breeze if I just used Drifblim. Immunity to the fighting and ground moves and only the steel type one to be feared and even this would be benefical as it drops the user's speed. Could even troll with a Destiny bond

Baggie_Saiyan

That's the general consensus: the game's good, but it wouyld be greater if the technical issues weren't there.

Funny that a game like Skyrim gets away with unpatched bugs aplenty, while Pokémon gets slammed for this... I've seen people comparing SV to Cyberpunk 2077... which was unplayable on consoles at launch, had game-breaking issues and was missing expected features.

Aside from the lack of level scaling in stories... and the National Dex (again), SV doesn't disappoint for the rest.
I'd just ignore anything I'd read online from places that aren't dedicated like here, folks on here are a lot more level headed and actually know what they're talking about. I feel sorry for Joe anytime he speaks positively about these game on Twitter he gets called a shill and someone even has a hate account dedicated to him. God Twitter is the worst of the Pokemon fandom

Open world games are hard to do especially Pokemon. I started BOTW last month & for all its plaudits the map is basically empty and not much variety for enemies models so far in what I played. Compare that to Pokemon with NPC's and all the unique Mon models they have to do.

The game isn't without faults but I can see effort was actually put it and I am forgiving of its shortcomings.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
One thing about the gym leaders that bugs me is why isn’t Gholdengo Ryme’s main Paldean pokémon (the one she uses before her terastalized ace)? It’s design and personality fits her aesthetic PERFECTLY!!

MrJechgo

One thing about the gym leaders that bugs me is why isn’t Gholdengo Ryme’s main Paldean pokémon (the one she uses before her terastalized ace)? It’s design and personality fits her aesthetic PERFECTLY!!
To avoid stereotypes, I assume?

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Maybe because it's too powerful for a gym leader ace considering its signature move and ability? I think Geeta should have had one though

Autobot N

Maybe because it's too powerful for a gym leader ace considering its signature move and ability? I think Geeta should have had one though
Yeah, plus considering Gholdengo's special status it seems more like a Champion's Pokemon than a Gym Leader's

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Not wishing to denigrate this or make light of it, but I've done about 40 hours on the game so far and I have seen nothing like that, not even once.

I'm running the oldest gen switch and playing it on a 4K TV. You would think I'd see something like this once in 40 hours. I've seen numerous other graphical issues, but nothing like that. There seems to be an element of looking for it here.

It's concerning, for sure, but there doesn't seem to be a central issue to this other than a generic "frame rate" or "graphical" issue, and it relies on the user doing things outwith normal gaming decisions.

I do agree Scarlet/Violet needed more time for optimising and debugging, for sure.

And that's luck. That's not what I'm doing. The flashing parts need to be fixed. The fact that people have run into them at all isn't a good thing. It's Russian roulette for people who get migraines or have seizures.

The people on Twitter were kind enough to make their posts as a heads up, just in case. Since they had the issues. They seem random at best, but they're still around (the issues). It's better to be aware than not.

I do agree about it needing more optimizing and debugging tho.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Hunting for the jumbo & mini marks have to be THE HARDEST thing I’ve done in this game.

I just tried catching Mankey in a mass outbreak and gave myself a teensy power level 1 sandwich. I caught several Mankey below average, no matter how small they were the lady in Mesagoza wouldn’t give me the Mini Mark!!

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Not gonna lie, when I saw the name given to the Wooper you get from the in-game trade, I found it amusing. My immediate reaction was that the NPC is a Manchester City fan to name her Wooper "Manchester".