• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Acer11

I did some thinking. And I realized that Gholdengo would be the actual 1,000th Pokemon in the Pokedex.
List going by Paldea Pokedex:

906. Sprigatito
907. Floragato
908. Meowscarada
909. Fuecoco
910. Crocalor
911. Skeledirge
912. Quaxly
913. Quaxwell
914. Quaquaval
915. Lechonk
916. Oinkologne
917. Tarountula
918. Spidops
919. Nymble
920. Lokix
921. Pawmi
922. Pawmo
923. Pawmot
924. Clodsire
925. Tandemaus
926. Maushold
927. Fidough
928. Dachsbun
929. Smoliv
930. Dolliv
931. Arboliva
932. Squakabilly
933. Nacli
934. Naclstack
935. Garganacl
936. Annihilape
937. Charcadet
938. Armarouge
939. Ceruledge
940. Tadbulb
941. Bellibolt
942. Wattrel
943. Kilowattrel
944. Dudunsparce
945. Farigiraf
946. Maschiff
947. Mabosstiff
948. Shroodle
949. Grafaiai
950. Bramblin
951. Brambleghast
952. Toedscool
953. Toedscruel
954. Klawf
955. Capsakid
956. Scovillain
957. Rellor
958. Rabsca
959. Flittle
960. Espathra
961. Tinkatink
962. Tinkatuff
963. Tinkaton
964. Wiglett
965. Wugtrio
966. Bombirdier
967. Finizen
968. Palafin
969. Varoom
970. Revaroom
971. Cyclizar
972. Orthworm
973. Glimmet
974. Glimmora
975. Greavard
976. Houndstone
977. Flamigo
978. Cetoddle
979. Cetitan
980. Kingambit
981. Veluza
982. Dondozo
983. Tatsugiri
984. Great Tusk
985. Scream Tail
986. Brute Bonnet
987. Flutter Mane
988. Slither Wing
989. Sandy Shocks
990. Iron Treads
991. Iron Bundle
992. Iron Hands
993. Iron Jugulis
994. Iron Moth
995. Iron Thorns
996. Frigibax
997. Arctibax
998. Baxcalibur
999. Gimmighoul
1000. Gholdenga
1001. Wo-Chien
1002. Chien-Pao
1003. Ting-Lu
1004. Chi-Yu
1005. Roaring Moon
1006. Iron Valiant
1007. Koraidon
1008. Miraidon

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I did some thinking. And I realized that Gholdengo would be the actual 1,000th Pokemon in the Pokedex.
It deserves it.

Ryker101

Beat 2 gyms and 1 path of legend/starfall street section

Can I just say the new pokemon designs are terrible so far. They look so stupid or derpy. I’m making my squad and it just looks embarrassing almost. It’s like they took the likes of vannilite, muk, etc and just made a whole generation of them. Hope I’m wrong soon but as someone who likes every gen designs, it’s not good rn

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Taking a break from Violet to start Scarlett. I’ve made it as far as starting the Treasure Hunt. I have a full team of 6 already due to going on a catching spree on the way to Mesagoza, but the core of my team is Quaxly, Fletchling, and Pawmi. The rest are kind of just filling spots and will be replaced as I play. My starter in this game is Quaxly, and I will probably be focusing on the gym challenge first.

In Violet, I made it to the city where I can get the Auspicious Armor to level up my Charcadet into Cerulege, but I don‘t have enough Sinistea Shards to trade for it. Thankfully, I can get them right outside that town since that is one of the two places where Sinestea spawns. So far, I’ve completed 4 gyms, 3 titans, and 2 Team Star Raids.

Oh..and Kilowattrel is probably my favorite of this generation so far.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Is anyone else actually taking their time playing the game? Is it just me?

I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't finished all three stories. I really want the game to last, so I'm taking my time and exploring the region, doing dumb stuff, and taking on story missions now and then.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics

I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't finished all three stories. I really want the game to last, so I'm taking my time and exploring the region, doing dumb stuff, and taking on story missions now and then.
Me too. I am sitting at 40 hours and still have a lot to do in these story paths.

Copley Hill Gym

48 hours in and I am into post game, trying to complete the Scarlet Pokedex, for which I have (checks stats) 345/400 caught so far, thanks to the wifi area on this forum and by trying to catch everything along the way.

Frankly I have really enjoyed the game. Put so much time into it, in just one week, in whatever spare moments I had outside of work/wife/life!

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*

I am taking my time a bit. Still haven’t challenged the E4 yet mostly because I’m trying to get as many high leveled Pokémon as I can since you are allowed to switch out Pokémon in between battles.

*edit* I just defeated the E4 and Nemona and am currently in the second Area Zero research lab.

Last edited:

scififan21

Beat the main story now onto going around 'inspecting' the gyms for Geeta. Will probably start my Scarlet playthrough though I think I'll just go in a circle instead of zigzags on the second playthrough.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Did anyone spot Pikachu actually swimming in the water?
Pawmo and Pawmot actually swim if you send them out in the water. I was pretty surprised the first time I saw it during a battle with a Magikarp in the ocean next to the beach. It’s pretty adorable seeing them just floating in the water.

I finished the main objectives in Violet and now can do the highest Tera Raids. I have to say that Annihalape has pretty much been on my team since I evolved Primeape and only took it off my team for Tulip’s Gym battle. Rage Fist is one of my favorite moves to use now. Pawmot stayed on the team until my sixth Gym battle as I used it to absorb hit and to use Revival Blessing to help make sure that I could win Badges. Iona really took a beating from Pawmot since I had one with Volt Absorb. Bellibolt was also useful in some spots thanks to its Electromorphisis ability. One Spark charged up from the ability does quite a decent amount of damage. Quaquaval was on my team the entire run. Now I’m going to work on Scarlet.

Acer11

We got Ultra Beasts in Sun and Moon and Paradox Pokemon in these games. What's next for Pokemon, Hybrid Pokemon? (That was a thought).

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
We got Ultra Beasts in Sun and Moon and Paradox Pokemon in these games. What's next for Pokemon, Hybrid Pokemon? (That was a thought).
Technically
Iron Valiant
is a hybrid Pokemon.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I can see them expanding on Type Null and making more manmade mons that were created to be super weapons or something, could make for an interesting plot

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

I’m taking my time with my Scarlet playthrough. I just got my first badge on Friday and I’ve just been spending my time exploring Paldea, planning my team, gathering items, & joining Tera raid battles. I kind of want this game to last too and I kind of want to wait until after the DLC comes out to finish it, keeping my main team stuck at certain levels so I’m not stronger than the bosses does get a little annoying at times

In contrast, I’m going buck wild in Violet and trying to fight all the bosses out of order to fully embrace the open world aspect of the game. I actually just beat Grusha & Tulip earlier today to earn my third & fourth gym badges. I’m also using it help out my Scarlet through collecting items & figuring out ways to catch specific pokémon. I’m trying not to get too far ahead in the Path of Legends though since I don’t want to get spoiled for my Scarlet playthrough

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

I'm 44+ hours in and have 8 badges total (3 Gym Leaders, 2 Star Bosses, 3 Titans).

Every day, I do my daily round of Tera Raids before continuing with the exploration. The most time-consuming part is the exploration because I try to grab every item, fight all the trainers and possibly catch all the new Pokemon I encounter.

I also follow the level curve, so I've been exploring either west or eastern Paldea depending on the location of my objective.

Also, for the first time ever, I've been constantly shuffling my team because I wanted to use a lot of Pokemon. I'm having so much fun despite the performance issues.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
We technically have those. Porygon, Genesect & Castform come to mind as man-made—or artificial—Pokémon.
Genesect is actually a technologically enhanced Pokémon. It has been stated in the Pokédex to be some unknown prehistoric Pokémon revived by Team Plasma from a fossil and then given technological weapons and armor. It isn’t exactly artificial as it is still a living being. Castform is questionable at it is man-made but it seems to be a living being and created from some sort of genetic material much like Mewtwo. The Porygon line and Magearna are the only truly artificial Pokémon.

epithumia

Poison-type enthusiast
might have been lucky but the technical issues i had in Scarlet haven't been that different from those in PLA, so not as bothering as i thought it'd be. things slow down a bit once i get in the water, tho.

I'm 30 hours in and also haven't done much - 3 gyms, mainly because of obedience; 2 team star bosses and 4 titans (for mobility). had to start rotating my team because of overleveling, my starter Skeledirge is nearly lvl 50 already. city tasks seem... a bit lean? the focus seems to really be the exploration of Paldea.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
might have been lucky but the technical issues i had in Scarlet haven't been that different from those in PLA, so not as bothering as i thought it'd be. things slow down a bit once i get in the water, tho.

I'm 30 hours in and also haven't done much - 3 gyms, mainly because of obedience; 2 team star bosses and 4 titans (for mobility). had to start rotating my team because of overleveling, my starter Skeledirge is nearly lvl 50 already. city tasks seem... a bit lean? the focus seems to really be the exploration of Paldea.
Only issues I’ve encountered are some clipping and Pokémon and moving NPCs walking right through me. In Violet I competed the main objectives and the first School Tournament. In Scarlet I’m getting ready to battle Katy.