• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So, I've finished the main story.

*major spoilers incoming*

At least I did once the school tournament thingie once. I assume now the only thing left is raids, pokédex filling and the legendaries. Wish the transfer from past games was avaliable so I could get a few veterans or at least build a new team with some pokémon who are transfer-exclusive...

I like Koraidon's role in the climatic story: I love how they set up the MC's Koraidon regaining the battle form with he being the only one you could send out to battle. Gonna say I was surprised when I saw the message of "Koraidon toughed it out so you wouldn't feel sad". Hit me into the feelings. Wasn't expecting he'd come with affection benefits but it makes sense all things considered.When I've read the leaks about there being a second Koraidon I thought that'd be the one we catch to battle with so I'm happy it wasn't the case and it's actually the one we've been hanging out with for the whole journey.
Granted, I end up finding out you can get the "dupe" Koraidon which can be traded which surprises me given they could just do as usual and have the player double dip to get a living dex.

However, one mechanic did annoy me:

So... When you unlock Koraidon's battle form, if you need the ride one again for exploring and then go back to battle form, you have to enter the menu and change it manually. That's right: say, I open a party slot, have it take on the battle form, add it to the team but if, say, I want to use the ride form to reach a certain location, it will change as normal with the + button BUT if I want to battle with it, I have to manually open the menu and activate battle form. This is way too stupid.

Why can't it work like the partner pokémon from Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee where you could box the partners but they will still be around you and their field functions would still work?

Scovillain

So no castles or palaces in Paldea? And no big indoor place like Galactic HQ, Pokemon Mansion on Cinnabar, or Silph Co? Seems the only main large indoor is the library academy.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Genesect is actually a technologically enhanced Pokémon. It has been stated in the Pokédex to be some unknown prehistoric Pokémon revived by Team Plasma from a fossil and then given technological weapons and armor. It isn’t exactly artificial as it is still a living being. Castform is questionable at it is man-made but it seems to be a living being and created from some sort of genetic material much like Mewtwo. The Porygon line and Magearna are the only truly artificial Pokémon.
I included Genesect because it was artificially enhanced by humans. I’m aware that there’s a pre-historic version of it—and I would like to see it at some point. And Castform was stated in RSE to have been created to help with the weather (I can’t remember if it was to control or detect).

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Is anyone else actually taking their time playing the game? Is it just me?

I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't finished all three stories. I really want the game to last, so I'm taking my time and exploring the region, doing dumb stuff, and taking on story missions now and then.
So far have beaten four Gyms, three Titans and three Team Star members. Much of my time is spent exploring the region rather than jetting ahead to next "logical" story point ASAP, also have been going back to the Academy on occasions to take some of the lessons.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
In Violet, I focused more on Gyms and the Titans mostly so that I could have Pokémon strong enough for the stronger Titans and to get all of the Miraidon powers.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’m still trying to think of nicknames for all of the Paradox forms. Even if I don’t catch them during my playthrough, I feel like they deserve to have proper pokémon names like Koraidon and Miraidon. So far these are the only names I can think of:
  • Great Tusk- Pummelphant
  • Iron Treads- Phandroid
  • Scream Tail- Decibrash/Primapuff
  • Iron Hands- Raiborg
  • Flutter Mane- Shudderbraid
  • Brute Bonnet- Sporosaurus
  • Roaring Moon- Quetastrophe
  • Iron Thorns- Mekadon

Autobot N

I’m still trying to think of nicknames for all of the Paradox forms. Even if I don’t catch them during my playthrough, I feel like they deserve to have proper pokémon names like Koraidon and Miraidon. So far these are the only names I can think of:
  • Iron Treads- Phandroid
  • Iron Hands- Raiborg
  • Iron Thorns- Mekadon
My Violet ones are Phandroid, Delibot, Hariyamech, Volcatrona, Mechanitar, and Gallevoir. Still can't come up with one for Iron Jugulis

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Acer11

• Iron Treads- Phandroid
  • Iron Hands- Raiborg
  • Iron Thorns- Mekadon
Delikukoo

My Violet ones are Phandroid, Delibot, Hariyamech, Volcatrona, Mechanitar, and Gallevoir. Still can't come up with one for Iron Jugulis
Magnetonic (as in techtonic), and Creeptid (Creeping and Cryptid)

Question: What would I have to do to get Spiritomb in these games?

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I wonder if any DLC will give us the Pre-evolutions and Evolutions of the Paradox pokemon

Like what Ancient and Future Phanpy look like for example.

Scovillain

You know who could really use an evolution, = Heliolisk. Palafin is uber Water, but Palafin cannot learn Earthquake or any Ground-type move. So Electric is the way to counter Palafin. Then, there's Houndstone, who can know an uber Ghost type move if he is the last pokemon(s) surviving. To counter that you would need a Normal type. So to counter those 2 Pokemon together, = Electric/Normal, so would be amazing if Heliolisk was given an evolution in the next DLC.

ShadowForce720

You know who could really use an evolution, = Heliolisk. Palafin is uber Water, but Palafin cannot learn Earthquake or any Ground-type move. So Electric is the way to counter Palafin. Then, there's Houndstone, who can know an uber Ghost type move if he is the last pokemon(s) surviving. To counter that you would need a Normal type. So to counter those 2 Pokemon together, = Electric/Normal, so would be amazing if Heliolisk was given an evolution in the next DLC.
While it is possible that Heliolisk could eventually get a evolution down the line I don’t think it’s going to get one just yet as right now they seem to be mainly focused on gen 2 and 5 Pokémon.

That being if Heliolisk gained an evolution while it’s possible that it could keep its Electric/Normal typing, I could see it replacing its Normal typing with a typing of Fire or Dragon instead.

With it becoming a Electric/Fire or Electric/Dragon. Although if they want to empathize the Solar Aspect of it further considering Heliolisk evolves from Helioptile via Sun Stone they could make Heliolisk’s evolution wind up being a Electric/Fire or Electric/Grass type Pokémon.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The 7-star Mightiest Mark Charizard Tera Raid event is happening Dec 1st to 4th, and I'm still mid-game.

Good thing it happens again on the 15th, and I probably already beat the game by then. Also helps to know what Pokemon actually works best so I can train one. People are mentioning Azumarill and Dachsbun, but we don't know what Charizard's moveset will be. So I'd rather wait.

ShadowForce720

The 7-star Mightiest Mark Charizard Tera Raid event is happening Dec 1st to 4th, and I'm still mid-game.

Good thing it happens again on the 15th, and I probably already beat the game by then. Also helps to know what Pokemon actually works best so I can train one. People are mentioning Azumarill and Dachsbun, but we don't know what Charizard's moveset will be. So I'd rather wait.
So I am correct in assuming that since 6 star raids have the Pokémon at opposing Pokémon at level 90 when you battle them that a seven star raid battle against a Charizard probably mean that we will be battling a level 100 Charizard?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
So I am correct in assuming that since 6 star raids have the Pokémon at opposing Pokémon at level 90 when you battle them that a seven star raid battle against a Charizard probably mean that we will be battling a level 100 Charizard?
Most likely, yes.

Ryker101

Played a bit after some time, beat my 3rd leader. I’m warming up to it more. The gym battles are actually tough, each has taken me multiple attempts and came down to the wire. Although I limit myself by matching their number of pokemon, playing on set and not using healing items. Their tera mons are always tricky for me, even when I can use it

Still I like how they introduced 3-4 pokemon teams early on. I’m not expecting full teams but I hope they keep up the difficulty here