• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I think the next time I do a picnic I’m going to try & make Jake’s sandwich from Advebture Time :p

The only ingredients that aren’t in the game are tears & dill, and I can substitute the bird from the window with smoked fillet lol

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Charizard is that limited?

Will have to level up my Baxcalibur to level 100. But honestly, after beating a 5-stars Slowking raid with a freshly caught spoiler mon the grass/dark treasure of ruin while my actual in game team over 80 barely did something is kind of a letdown.

Acer11

The following are alternate/nickname ideas for Paradox Pokemon:
Mastotusk
Bigglyruff
Ungaboonguss
Milleavus
Creeyptid
Magnetonic
Salamalice
Wheelyderm
Delibot
Techiyama
Hydreiborg
Stellarmoth
Mechanitar
Galliant-475

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Patch has been announced, the E4 music bug and other select bugs have been fixed (probably the more serious ones and not the funny visual glitches), I wonder if the framerates will be fixed too?

Oh, they acknowledged the performance issues, it won't be fixed in this patch but it will be coming up. Also, ranked battles

Last edited:

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Good. It's a shame this couldn't come sooner, but better late than never.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Good. It's a shame this couldn't come sooner, but better late than never.

Yea but I'm glad they're doing it. Better this than to not have it patched.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Although this doesn't guarantee that the main issue aka the performance will be fixed in this patch. At the very least, they do seem to be very aware of the performance issue and also seem to be trying to "remove" it as fast as they can.
Especially considering that there's a major RNG bug that could completely kill the competitive scene of this game if it is left untreated.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I don't know why people were acting like a patch would never come anyways, SwSh, BDSP(at the expense of fun), and PLA all got patches, don't know why it'd be different here, I guess it's just the doomer mentality twitter tends to have

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I am deeply appreciative of them specifically calling out the performance problems and noting they’ll be working to resolve them. It makes it feel just a little more like they really care, and that’s something I welcome from all creators. It also makes me hopeful they’ve seen all the other things the community talks about - like how people feel about BDSP, how many people want to see more of Legends and its mechanics, and how many people want to see Johto and Unova again soon.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I still think it's odd how the trailer (in Japan) was running smoothly
the forbidden SV complete build

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
That is correct

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
While getting any performance issues addressed in this patch would be a welcome surprise, I’m not expecting it. Even if they knew what parts of the engine’s code were causing the issues, it would require a lot of testing to make sure any fixes actually resolved the issue and didn’t introduce any new and/or worse problems. That takes a lot of time, and I think they would have needed to be working on the performance issues before the game was released to have a patch by now.

SV's unexpected performance issue when not even Sword and Shield had noticeable frame drops
SwSh had tons of frame drops and performance issues, especially in the wild area.

CiciStormy

Living Rotomdex
Wingulltrainer, if you can't handle doing the Star Barrage, then you should stop playing this game and go back to Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, or just give up on Pokemon and go play Breath of the Wild or some other open world game because this is how Game Freak decided to make the game, and if you don't like it, that's Tinkatuff. :p

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I don’t know. The message from Nintendo seemed a little too vague to sound like they’re going to fix the performance issues. Based on their updates for BDSP, I think they’re just going to patch up glitches like duping items or the town glitch to spawn shiny pokémon more easily

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I'm not seeing the new update on my end and it's 1st of December over here as well. It's still just version 1.0.1

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I downloaded the game from Australian E-shop and the region of my Switch is Australia so it is already Dec 2nd ........ but not patch

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I don’t see any performance issues and the only glitches I’ve seen are graphical in nature and not causing any harm. I like the games and think the team did an excellent job here and made things feel so much larger than before. Plus there are some details that players might miss if they don’t pay attention or do something a certain way. Did you know that if you send out Pawmo and Pawmot out into the water, they will be seen floating similarly to Buizel and Floatzel and can be seen paddling to stay afloat? It’s really cute to witness.