• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I don’t see any performance issues and the only glitches I’ve seen are graphical in nature and not causing any harm. I like the games and think the team did an excellent job here and made things feel so much larger than before. Plus there are some details that players might miss if they don’t pay attention or do something a certain way. Did you know that if you send out Pawmo and Pawmot out into the water, they will be seen floating similarly to Buizel and Floatzel and can be seen paddling to stay afloat? It’s really cute to witness.
The games are very laggy and with low frame rate.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
The games are very laggy and with low frame rate.
Everyone isn’t having the same experience with the game. Some people seem to be having a very bad experience with lag and FPS drops, and others are having a good experience with a regular gaming experience. And many more are somewhere in the middle.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Everyone isn’t having the same experience with the game. Some people seem to be having a very bad experience with lag and FPS drops, and others are having a good experience with a regular gaming experience. And many more are somewhere in the middle.
Honestly I know nothing about FPS or lagging and to me the games look fine and unless the game freezes the screen from movement I’m not going to notice anything is off.

Queen Cynthia

Dignified Queen of Sinnoh
Don't know it that question has been asked already:

Has it been confirmed yet that Pokemon like Great Tusk, Roaring Moon, Iron Thorns etc. are unique and new forms and not just Paldean forms of well-known Pokemon from previous gens ? (Donphan ,Salamence and Tyranitar in that case)
The resemblance is so striking but Serebii Pokedex lists them as unique forms.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I would say they are unique from their timeline Ancient Past/Future like the Ultra Beasts are from their own dimension. None of them have pre-evolutions.
Even their regular counterparts such as Larvitar can't evolve into Iron Thorns, Makuhita doesn't evolve into Iron Hands and Larvesta can't evolve into neither Slither Wing or Iron Moth.

It does allow players to not have grind Deino or Larvesta into Iron Jugulis or Iron Moth/Slither Wing (Effectively training two into level alternate forms of 59 and 64 twice which are very high levels)

Last edited:

Has it been confirmed yet that Pokemon like Great Tusk, Roaring Moon, Iron Thorns etc. are unique and new forms and not just Paldean forms of well-known Pokemon from previous gens ? (Donphan ,Salamence and Tyranitar in that case)
From a mechanical standpoint, yes they are unique Pokémon with separate dex numbers and everything that comes with being a brand new Pokémon.

Exactly what the Paradox Pokémon are in-universe is left somewhat vague, but they're not regional variants.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

I would say they are unique from their timeline Ancient Past/Future like the Ultra Beasts are from their own dimension. None of them have pre-evolutions.
Even their regular counterparts such as Larvitar can't evolve into Iron Thorns, Makuhita doesn't evolve into Iron Hands and Larvesta can't evolve into neither Slither Wing or Iron Moth.

It does allow players to not have grind Deino or Larvesta into Iron Jugulis or Iron Moth/Slither Wing (Effectively training two into level alternate forms of 59 and 64 twice which are very high levels)

From a mechanical standpoint, yes they are unique Pokémon with separate dex numbers and everything that comes with being a brand new Pokémon.

Exactly what the Paradox Pokémon are in-universe is left somewhat vague, but they're not regional variants.
Lore & story-wise, I think they’re alternate universe counterparts of the pokémon we know, lost in space-time without a proper dimension to call their home

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So it's true. The true treasure was the friends we made along the way. Honestly, it's not even surprising. It's Pokemon, friendship is always the answer.
The game kind of made that obvious in the cutscene where Clavel explains the treasure hunt. The treasure’s supposed to be your own experience traveling through Paldea, and how you grew as a person from the experiences, friendships, & memories you made through your adventures

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
The game kind of made that obvious in the cutscene where Clavel explains the treasure hunt. The treasure’s supposed to be your own experience traveling through Paldea, and how you grew as a person from the experiences, friendships, & memories you made through your adventures
Still it gets emphasized over and over. Kinda gets tiring after a while and starts sounding boring.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I was scrolling through Twitter, and caught wind of someone saying that the game runs better if your files are on the system memory rather than the SD storage memory. This is anecdotal at best, but I've seen people in the replies say that it indeed runs better. This may be especially useful if you bought a digital version of the game, as a lot of your data is on SD storage otherwise. I moved my update data to system memory, and I might have noticed some small performance enhancements. Hard to say, but I don't see the harm in trying this.

TL;DR If you have a digital copy of the game, see if it runs better on system memory.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
So apparently, the 7-star Lv.100 Mightiest Mark Charizard can be solo'd, and some say that they've found some 6-star raids to be actually harder.

I'm only at 11 badges and can't be bothered to make a fully competitive build just for the heck of it, but it's good to know that it's not difficult as many people online make it seem to be.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Update is live.

Maybe I'm delusional, but the game seems to be running smoother with the update.

The draw distance still kind of sucks (maybe it got better), but the FPS feels more consistent to me.

Pokemon Power

Update is live.

Maybe I'm delusional, but the game seems to be running smoother with the update.

The draw distance still kind of sucks (maybe it got better), but the FPS feels more consistent to me.
There's some stuff I wanna do with some other games, but once I'm finished with it, I'll check and see myself. I stopped at the halfway mark with nine badges (four gym, three Titan and two admins).

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Update is live.

It’s totally possible they’ve already started patching performance issues with this update and the extra statement was just to let us know they’re still working on getting to all the things that are causing problems.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Exploring Mesagoza is still as stuttery as ever.
I did some "tests" and I didn't get any noticable lag in Mesagoza. When I went to that poison forest (the place with the Navi Base), I did notice an FPS reduction, but it seems to be better and more consistent than the last time I went there.

Let me ask you these questions:

Do you have a physical or digital version of the game?
Is your update data saved to your system memory or an SD card?

I made a post about an anecdote about the game running better on system memory. It wouldn't hurt to try it out if you haven't already.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I did some "tests" and I didn't get any noticable lag in Mesagoza. When I went to that poison forest (the place with the Navi Base), I did notice an FPS reduction, but it seems to be better and more consistent than the last time I went there.

Let me ask you these questions:

Do you have a physical or digital version of the game?
Is your update data saved to your system memory or an SD card?

I made a post about an anecdote about the game running better on system memory. It wouldn't hurt to try it out if you haven't already.
I have digital, latest update, and it's on system memory. I haven't explored the other parts of the region enough to actually conclude if there's an improvement. But based on what I've seen on Mesagoza, I didn't see any improvement (yet) as I am sprinting and jumping with Miraidon all over the city and not stopping.

I think the best way to check if there's any actual improvement is through a proper tech analysis of the FPS and compare it with the older version. Surely people on YouTube will do something like that. I can't rely on placebo at the moment.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I have digital, latest update, and it's on system memory. I haven't explored the other parts of the region enough to actually conclude if there's an improvement. But based on what I've seen on Mesagoza, I didn't see any improvement (yet) as I am sprinting and jumping with Miraidon all over the city and not stopping.

I think the best way to check if there's any actual improvement is through a proper tech analysis of the FPS and compare it with the older version. Surely people on YouTube will do something like that. I can't rely on placebo at the moment.
I wasn't really on Miraidon while in Mesagoza, and I only tested it out for a little bit. I swear the poison forest is like the BotW Deku Forest, and while not great, it did seem less choppy from the last time I went there. I'm not particularly sensitive to FPS, but I did notice the choppiness of the game when I was first playing it. I don't think I'm even imagining it; it does seem to be running better.

Now maybe this is based on a physical vs. digital perspective, or maybe there are other external factors. It could even be that I very much am imagining it, but I kind of doubt it. I may record a video to show my findings and stick it here.