• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
The psychic ostrich, love it so much
Beautiful and strong
Unique design

I don’t know why it says: “the reliable partner” every time I send it to battle
Those titles are things called marks which can either be found on wild pokemon or by meeting certain conditions on your pokemon, it's a cute little feature

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Darn, I thought it was just me being too fast with pressing the buttons.

Yeah, that's really annoying.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just caught a Garganacl in a 6 star raid earlier today. I only have 4 badges total (2 gym badges) so it won’t completely obey me yet but I’m really starting to like it & considering adding it as a reserve to my team

It’s ability & Salt Cure move are great, it’s a Steel Tera type, it’s smaller than a regular Garganacl, it makes up for my team’s lack of physical defense, & I love its nature & characteristic. The problem is that it’s level 75 so I won’t really be using it much in the main story & when I do use it, it’s basically an instant nuke button. |:T

Looks like we now have the correct National Dex order for gen 9, prior to this we only had the internal index of the Pokemon to go off of, which was problematic in its order to say the least.

Lol I love that Gholdengo’s #1000

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
You sure? Is this backed up by an official source?
Still no, as far as I can tell. There has been no official clarification and no other sites that are notable and reliable appear to have made any changes, and I can’t find anything stating that the SV or Home code has been updated to reflect an official National Dex order. That site appears to be a Chinese equivalent to Bulbapedia, so fan-curated, and I couldn’t find any sources linked (but that could be because I’m on mobile). It could be correct and based on some source I’m just not seeing, but I’d take that order with a grain of salt until further confirmation or proof is published.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Still no, as far as I can tell. There has been no official clarification and no other sites that are notable and reliable appear to have made any changes, and I can’t find anything stating that the SV or Home code has been updated to reflect an official National Dex order. That site appears to be a Chinese equivalent to Bulbapedia, so fan-curated, and I couldn’t find any sources linked (but that could be because I’m on mobile). It could be correct and based on some source I’m just not seeing, but I’d take that order with a grain of salt until further confirmation or proof is published.
Although it's mostly pretty consistent with what National Dex orders looked like in the past. Although we won't know for sure until Home updates to add SV compatibility.

Luthor

Although it's mostly pretty consistent with what National Dex orders looked like in the past. Although we won't know for sure until Home updates to add SV compatibility.

Yeah. It seems a plausible order but until we have something a bit more certain we probably shouldn't assume.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y

Yce288

Grass type FTW
I dont if they exist or not in these game, but in case they dont, is there a clear reason why Swimmers arent part of these games?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I dont if they exist or not in these game, but in case they dont, is there a clear reason why Swimmers arent part of these games?
There are no swimmers. In fact, a lot of the classic Trainer classes are gone: Ace Trainers, Swimmers, Fishermen, Bug Catcher, Bird Keeper, PokeFan, Veteran, Gentleman, Psychic/Hex Maniac, Lass, Pokemon Breeder, Ranger, etc... not even Tourists. Not a single Policeman in sight either.

While I understand the push for the school theme and the fact that each trainer had varied hair colors and complexion, it is still better to have a variety of trainers to encounter since this is open world. I am appalled by the lack of Skiers/Snowboarders at Glaseado Mountain, not a single Swimmer or Fisherman on any of the beaches, ruin Maniacs are nowhere to be found on the ruins, Aroma Ladies on flower fields, no Rangers scattered around the region, etc. This is one of the most disappointing things I found in SV.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
There are no swimmers. In fact, a lot of the classic Trainer classes are gone: Ace Trainers, Swimmers, Fishermen, Bug Catcher, Bird Keeper, PokeFan, Veteran, Gentleman, Psychic/Hex Maniac, Lass, Pokemon Breeder, Ranger, etc... not even Tourists. Not a single Policeman in sight either.

While I understand the push for the school theme and the fact that each trainer had varied hair colors and complexion, it is still better to have a variety of trainers to encounter since this is open world. I am appalled by the lack of Skiers/Snowboarders at Glaseado Mountain, not a single Swimmer or Fisherman on any of the beaches, ruin Maniacs are nowhere to be found on the ruins, Aroma Ladies on flower fields, no Rangers scattered around the region, etc. This is one of the most disappointing things I found in SV.
True, at least the dragon tamers looked cool and were a welcome comeback

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I get the lack of Fishermen is likely due that you cannot fish for Pokemon though other Trainer types are a bit puzzling. Though in a sense "mini-boss" Students are de facto Ace Trainers, SV did give us female Dragon Tamers whose outfits take some cues from Clair's HGSS outfit (in a similar vein to their male counterparts having a similar outfit to that of Lance).

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Well, why design and program classic trainer classes when you can get away with half the trainers being students with one of the (only) four player uniform options? No need for old features when we’re in the bright, shining future!

Yce288

Grass type FTW

Even the character customization is limited in SV.

Acer11

It's neat that we got a lot of Pokemon this generation based on concepts not used in previous generations:

Rock Crab
Stork
Earthworm
Giant Catfish
Sushi
Ostrich
Hot Pepper
Tumbleweed
Engine
Rock Salt
Toxic Crystal Flower
Petrel
Frigatebird
Newt
Dachshund
Briard
Mastiff
Marmot
Olive
Flamingo
Dolphin
Haka Fish
Grasshopper
Locust (I didn't know they were a type of Grasshopper)
Dung Beetle
Scarab
Hammer Dwarf
Garden Eel Diglett
Fire Knight
Parakeet
Aye-Aye
Beluga/Narwhal
Gold Coin
Chest
Spinosaurus

Now the following are concepts that haven't been used yet:

Llama/Alpaca
Clownfish
Sea Anemone
Sponge
Ruby
Horse (Starter)
Ox
Ram
Neanderthal
Wombat
Kangaroo (Boxing)
Wallaby
Cockatoo
Cockatiel
Tulip
Watermelon
Eyeball
Skeleton
St. Bernard
Dalmatian
Beagle
Platypus
Elephant
Kookaburra
Quail
Panther
Cheetah
Cockatrice
Hornbill
Bluejay
Cardinal
Emu
Cassowary
Kiwi
Pillbug
Black Widow
Moose
Porpoise
Orca
Hornet
Cerberus
Weevil
Lacewing
Roadrunner
Sewer Rat
Raccoon
Hyena
Apatosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Stegosaurus
Triceratops
Razorback
Steam Lobster
Gibbon
Elf
Gnome
Basset Hound
Monolith
Peas
Manticore
Bushbaby
Numbat
Jackalope
Stingray
Dark Bat
Aardvark
Yak
Wraith
Slime
Garbage Can
Sturgeon
Swordfish
Long-Necked Girl
Hopping Tag Ghost
Stinkbug
Elephant Seal
Albatross
Cumulus Cloud (Flying)
Turkey

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It's neat that we got a lot of Pokemon this generation based on concepts not used in previous generations:

Rock Crab
Stork
Earthworm
Giant Catfish
Sushi
Ostrich
Hot Pepper
Tumbleweed
Engine
Rock Salt
Toxic Crystal Flower
Petrel
Frigatebird
Newt
Dachshund
Briard
Mastiff
Marmot
Olive
Flamingo
Dolphin
Haka Fish
Grasshopper
Locust (I didn't know they were a type of Grasshopper)
Dung Beetle
Scarab
Hammer Dwarf
Garden Eel Diglett
Fire Knight
Parakeet
Aye-Aye
Beluga/Narwhal
Gold Coin
Chest
Spinosaurus

Now the following are concepts that haven't been used yet:

Llama/Alpaca
Clownfish
Sea Anemone
Sponge
Ruby
Horse (Starter)
Ox
Ram
Neanderthal
Wombat
Kangaroo (Boxing)
Wallaby
Cockatoo
Cockatiel
Tulip
Watermelon
Eyeball
Skeleton
St. Bernard
Dalmatian
Beagle
Platypus
Elephant
Kookaburra
Quail
Panther
Cheetah
Cockatrice
Hornbill
Bluejay
Cardinal
Emu
Cassowary
Kiwi
Pillbug
Black Widow
Moose
Porpoise
Orca
Hornet
Cerberus
Weevil
Lacewing
Roadrunner
Sewer Rat
Raccoon
Hyena
Apatosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Stegosaurus
Triceratops
Razorback
Steam Lobster
Gibbon
Elf
Gnome
Basset Hound
Monolith
Peas
Manticore
Bushbaby
Numbat
Jackalope
Stingray
Dark Bat
Aardvark
Yak
Wraith
Slime
Garbage Can
Sturgeon
Swordfish
Long-Necked Girl
Hopping Tag Ghost
Stinkbug
Elephant Seal
Albatross
Cumulus Cloud (Flying)
Turkey
Zigzagoon is a raccoon. And I think Altaira is supposed to be based on a bird in a cumulus cloud. The Grimer line is technically slime as that is what sludge is and they can be green.
There’s also the crane that still needs to be done (which is really odd that it hasn’t become a Pokémon yet considering what an important symbol it is in Japanese culture).

To add to the discussion of the National Dex order, a few TCG leaks of Lechonk, Pawmi, and Smoliv have surfaced and follow the order posted, as the cards have their National Dex number printed on them: #0915, #0921, and #0928 respectively.
Not entirely sure where the order comes from though, it matches neither the index order nor the regional dex order.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
To add to the discussion of the National Dex order, a few TCG leaks of Lechonk, Pawmi, and Smoliv have surfaced and follow the order posted, as the cards have their National Dex number printed on them: #0915, #0921, and #0928 respectively.
Not entirely sure where the order comes from though, it matches neither the index order nor the regional dex order.
Alright, so we won't have to wait for Home to update with SV compatibility for us to know the true National Dex numbers of the Paldean Pokemon.