• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I just finished the main story today (it took me forever because busy) and I have to say, this and Arceus have pleasantly surprised me. The botw-style open world suits the Pokemon franchise really well.

This game really pulled me in. I was done with the DP remakes by the third badge, so it is impressive that this game sustained my interest.
can’t be worse than me making it I think past through Spear Pillar in those disgraces before dropping it and never went back :d

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
When I'm in Tera Raids, and the raid boss removes stat changes from my side, does that include the effects of Belly Drum and Quark Drive?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I know it removes Belly Drum for sure. I would assume Quark Drive boosts as well. Apparently we can’t win every raid battle they give us.
Quark Drive seems to be a passive “field” effect for the user (as opposed to a visible increase/decrease) so I don’t think its effect gets removed outside of when the raid Pokemon negates Abilities (assuming you use Booster Energy to activate it).

Last edited:

Bus

All those people with Iron Hands...I feel a little left out even though I like the scarlet paradox designs more lol. The Future Paradox guys seem to be good vs almost every raid. So far, only Flutter Mane has proven to be a Raid Destroyer for me...and even then, only if the raid features a pokemon who specializes in Special Attack since she can wall it out and hit like a truck in return.

dementeddurian

Love Ball Lover
As far as the Cinderace Raid goes, I think I'm going to have to raise another Pokemon.

I just realized that Torkoal might give the impression that she has Drought and I'm trying to undermine everyone.

She has White Smoke, but I doubt I can convince people that I'm not trying to troll, but I have a defensive Pokemon who can take whatever Cinderace can throw.

Copley Hill Gym

This whole “abandon the raid because someone has picked a Pokémon I don’t think is competitive” nonsense needs to be called out for what it is: utter nonsense.

I’ve been on some raid teams where trainers have picked Pokémon I’d have not picked in a hundred years and have absolutely pulverised the Tera raid Pokémon. Like Leafeon using Tera fire type to wipe out ice type Tera raids - bloody genius with chlorophyll and a Koraidon on the team.

Never would have clocked that if I hadn’t seen it.

I think there’s a level of trainer snobbery going around so far as Tera raids are concerned.

Conversely, I’ve maybe seen too many azumarills, getting killed after a belly drum…

Copley Hill Gym

If I have an Azumarill or Iron Hands join the raid I am in I have defaulted to holding my move until after they drum and I immediately go for the heal up cheer. Otherwise it becomes exactly as you stated.
Me too. It's bizarre, we are individually working as a team. It feels so at odds with the game!

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Gholdengo is a Pokemon I wished I liked, its typing is cool, its ability and signature move are cool, its a fun concept, but I just can't get pass the hair. Honestly if it didn't have it, it'd be perfect. Looking at this concept is why its such a cool concept, just wish it was more like the below picture.

FkrtIzxWAAQEq4k

Acer11

It looks like we got a bunch of Competitive Pokemon we might see at Worlds next year:

Quaquaval: Aqua Step + Moxie + Baton Pass
Kilowattrel: Tailwind + Wind Power + Electro Ball/Discharge
Bombirdier: Rock Tera Type + Rocky Payload + Hone Claws + Rock Slide
Dondozo
Tatsugiri
Garganacl: Ghost Tera Type + Curse + Salt Cure + Recover
Coalossal: Water Tera Type + Steam Engine
Gholdengo
Orthworm: Earth Eater
Palafin
Espathra: Speed Boost/Opportunist + Lumina Crash + Stored Power
Pawmot: Revival Blessing
Cyclizar: Shed Tail + Regenerator
Mabosstiff: Swagger + Mirror Herb
Dachsbun: Well-Baked Body + Body Press + Baton Pass
Veluza: Sharpness
Brambleghast: Wind Rider + Tailwind

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
As far as the Cinderace Raid goes, I think I'm going to have to raise another Pokemon.

I just realized that Torkoal might give the impression that she has Drought and I'm trying to undermine everyone.

She has White Smoke, but I doubt I can convince people that I'm not trying to troll, but I have a defensive Pokemon who can take whatever Cinderace can throw.
This. I love my Tera type Ground Flareon and my Grass type Palossand. Flareon's Flash Fire is also why I love all the Grass types that use Sunny Day to set up Solar Beam. I look forward to seeing it get boosted and then hit with super effective Ground type Tera Blast.

Copley Hill Gym

It looks like we got a bunch of Competitive Pokemon we might see at Worlds next year:

Quaquaval: Aqua Step + Moxie + Baton Pass
Kilowattrel: Tailwind + Wind Power + Electro Ball/Discharge
Bombirdier: Rock Tera Type + Rocky Payload + Hone Claws + Rock Slide
Dondozo
Tatsugiri
Garganacl: Ghost Tera Type + Curse + Salt Cure + Recover
Coalossal: Water Tera Type + Steam Engine
Gholdengo
Orthworm: Earth Eater
Palafin
Espathra: Speed Boost/Opportunist + Lumina Crash + Stored Power
Pawmot: Revival Blessing
Cyclizar: Shed Tail + Regenerator
Mabosstiff: Swagger + Mirror Herb
Dachsbun: Well-Baked Body + Body Press + Baton Pass
Veluza: Sharpness
Brambleghast: Wind Rider + Tailwind

You missed out Annilihape/choice scarf and Final Gambit - that thing is a beast. Literally carves up other people’s team strategies.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So, according to a book in the school library titled Galar: A History, Scarlet & Violet takes place not long after the events of Sword & Shield.

The book details the events of Bede destroying the Stow-on-Side Mural with Copperajah. At the most, I say SV takes place three years later.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
That #1 spot should shock absolutely no one.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Seems like Japan is a big fan of the girl with the gal Tinkaton line while they like Meowscarada more than its first form (reverse for Fuecoco and Skeledirge), for Western fans seemingly preferring Miraidon its counterpart is more popular. Also RIP the Quaxly line for none of its forms making it into the top 30.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I know online polls don't mean much but it's so satisfying seeing my boy Koraidon ranking higher than Miraidon.

Pawmot also did well.

Garchomp and Luxray being high makes me hopeful they'll return on future games

Lucario being so high was annoying though.