• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Rune Knight

Hello. Felt like predicting some possible 7-Star Tera Raid Battle events that we could get in the foreseeable future. Here is one of my ideas:

Pokémon: Mewtwo.
Tera Type: Dark.
Ability: Unnerve.
Moves: Psystrike, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Recover.
Additional Moves: Fire Blast, Nasty Plot, Psychic Terrain, Focus Blast.

Feel free to share your own predictions, would love to hear them.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
If the fact that the Home news suggests Bronzong as a counter were to be taken as an implication that Greninja won't be making use of its Dark STAB, Slowbro may well still be a valid answer here. Greninja has nothing else that hits Slowbro super effectively, and Slowbro should be able to handle Tera boosted Gunk Shots or Tera Blasts with minimal difficulty, especially if Greninja won't be spamming buffs the way Cinderace was.
The only problem is Poison type attacks causing poison status.

For what I've seen on Bulbapedia seems like it doesn't learn Toxic in this gen so that's one worry out of the way.

But it does get Toxic Spikes so there's that.

Akashin

The only problem is Poison type attacks causing poison status.

For what I've seen on Bulbapedia seems like it doesn't learn Toxic in this gen so that's one worry out of the way.

But it does get Toxic Spikes so there's that.
Honestly I'm not too worried about that. Yes it could potentially be problematic, but it's always a good idea to have someone ready to throw down a Heal Cheer to keep the team healthy when necessary, and those remove non-voilatile statuses.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Hopefully they will add more pokemon in the upcoming updates or DLC, pokemon such as Zebstrika, Mightyena, Glameow, Delcatty, Gligar and Furfrou who have been absent for all the switch games (not counting BDSP).

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Hopefully they will add more pokemon in the upcoming updates or DLC, pokemon such as Zebstrika, Mightyena, Glameow, Delcatty, Gligar and Furfrou who have been absent for all the switch games (not counting BDSP).
Glameow, Delcatty & Gligar were all available in Legends: Arceus so those may not get added to Scarlet and Violet right away, if at all. I would suspect that there would be efforts to add Zebstrika at some point since it is not available in any Switch core series game while Mightyena is a small possibility.

Akashin

I don't know if we'll see any additions via updates beside being able to bring over the Home-only transfers, but DLC will inevitably expand the dex in the same way the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra did.
Glameow, Delcatty & Gligar were all available in Legends: Arceus so those may not get added to Scarlet and Violet right away, if at all. I would suspect that there would be efforts to add Zebstrika at some point since it is not available in any Switch core series game while Mightyena is a small possibility.
I'm assuming you were thinking of Purugly, because Skitty and Delcatty were not in Legends or SWSH.

Det. Viper

I'm assuming you were thinking of Purugly, because Skitty and Delcatty were not in Legends or SWSH.
I was. I got my cats mixed up. I did check my bags and noticed I have tons of Moon and Sun stones which each only has one Pokémon that can use it in the Paldea Pokédex, Jigglypuff and Sunkern respectively. If they were to add more via DLC then Pokémon with these stone evolutions would be prime candidates. (I’m aware Petilil is already in the code.)

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I was. I got my cats mixed up. I did check my bags and noticed I have tons of Moon and Sun stones which each only has one Pokémon that can use it in the Paldea Pokédex, Jigglypuff and Sunkern respectively. If they were to add more via DLC then Pokémon with these stone evolutions would be prime candidates. (I’m aware Petilil is already in the code.)
Petilil is in the Paldean Pokedex. Brassius uses it on his team.

Det. Viper

Petilil is in the Paldean Pokedex. Brassius uses it on his team.
I am apparently not at the top of my Poké Trivia today. For some reason I was thinking it was transfer only due to Hisuian Lilligant. But now I’m realizing all of the Pokémon with Hisuian forms are in the Paldea Pokédex.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Why are GF so scared to make a reliable physical electric attack? So annoying to have to run spark all the darn time... like Wild Charge isn't even 120 like Flare Blitz...
All the good ones are signature moves :(
Luxray and Vire having a physical STAB move that is 80 BP or above with no drawbacks won't make them on the level of crowned Zacian, GF

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Honestly I'm not too worried about that. Yes it could potentially be problematic, but it's always a good idea to have someone ready to throw down a Heal Cheer to keep the team healthy when necessary, and those remove non-voilatile statuses.
Fair enough

To be honest, that's kind of a concern for me in case solo runs are viable, like they are with Stored Power Slowbro on Cinderace raid.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Why are GF so scared to make a reliable physical electric attack? So annoying to have to run spark all the darn time... like Wild Charge isn't even 120 like Flare Blitz...
Not sure whether the Japanese names of attacks gets in the way of non-signature physical Electric attacks getting wider distribution. Volt Tackle's Japanese name is a nod to Pulseman (a little known Game Freak IP) but Zing Zap being known as Shocking and Prickly in Japanese means only spiky Electric-types will get it.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It's one of the harder types to imagine being physical, like how so few Fighting type moves are special

Copley Hill Gym

So the four small symbols on the front of the box suddenly seem to make sense to me.

Four circles = union circle, four players.

Bottom right is the miraidon/Koraidon bike mode - you can see the wheel and handle bars as part of the design.

Bottom left is the terra orb.

Top left is in fact a symbol used in the creation of the Time Machine.

So not really as much of a mystery as first thought IMO.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Does anyone have a guesstimate of when Heath’s exploration of Area Zero took place? I’ve been looking at lore videos and it seems like, chronologically, the expedition took place in either the late 1800s or the early 1900s, which is the same time that Legends Arceus took place since it’s based on the Meiji Era

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
So hang on…if Johto is a part of this world, is that after the three legendary dogs/beasts were created by Ho-oh resurrecting them?
Maybe this was what the three Legendary Beasts looked like originally and there were three of them and Ho-oh resurrected each into one aspect of the Paradox. We have never been given an official representation of what the Pokémon that were trapped inside the burning tower. There are theories out there what they were but they have always been unnamed and unseen even in Origins where they were just silhouettes. All we know is that three unnamed Pokémon perished in the fire and they were revived by Ho-oh to represent the three elements connected to the fire with Suicune representing the rain and storm that started the fire, Entei is the flames, and Raikou is the lightning strike that ignited the fire.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
So hang on…if Johto is a part of this world, is that after the three legendary dogs/beasts were created by Ho-oh resurrecting them?
Maybe this was what the three Legendary Beasts looked like originally and there were three of them and Ho-oh resurrected each into one aspect of the Paradox. We have never been given an official representation of what the Pokémon that were trapped inside the burning tower. There are theories out there what they were but they have always been unnamed and unseen even in Origins where they were just silhouettes. All we know is that three unnamed Pokémon perished in the fire and they were revived by Ho-oh to represent the three elements connected to the fire with Suicune representing the rain and storm that started the fire, Entei is the flames, and Raikou is the lightning strike that ignited the fire.
Keep in mind that the Paradox Suicune page in the book clearly states that this was drawn by one of the researcher for what they imagined what kind of Pokemon they might encounter.

The point of it being a Paradox is that it doesn't make sense in the timeline at all. For all we know its dex could say "Info from an unreliable occult magazine alludes that this was once 3 pokemon that were lost in a fire and ressurrected into one pokemon from the power of a legendary Pokemon".

Reminder as well that it is also stated for some Scarlet Paradox Pokemon that although they appear to be from prehistoric times, there are no fossil records of said Pokemon when there should be.