• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Baggie_Saiyan

I was fully expecting a "DLC coming in a few weeks" thing

or at least sooner than Fall
I reckon summer was planned but they probably pushed it back for good measure given how SV was received.

I mean if it were a 3rd game we'd have to wait the year anyway so it's fine with me.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Told you that the first DLC would involve Area Zero and it looks like I was absolutely right that there were a lot more of it that we didn’t explore yet and more secrets to uncover.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
And after the Chinese legendary quartet, now we get a Momotaro trio of monkey/dog/pheasant with a very clearly japanese setting based on the trailer.

I really like SV and Paldea, but it’s disappointing how little inspiration they took from Spain for the dex…

And I am still salty we didn’t got a single Pokémon based on Don Quixote.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
And after the Chinese legendary quartet, now we get a Momotaro trio of monkey/dog/pheasant with a very clearly japanese setting based on the trailer.

I really like SV and Paldea, but it’s disappointing how little inspiration they took from Spain for the dex…

Paldea actually feels more like it's based on Japan than Spain.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Yeah, shame they turned out as just Suicune and Virizion following the trends we expect from paradoxes instead of as chimeras of their trios as the in-game sketches seemed to imply.
I really don’t get why they would make the sketches have more interesting designs than the real things they were teasing.
I was so interested in seeing more Paradoxes take on related Pokémon being fused like Iron Valiant. Wasn't too big on Paradox Pokémon to begin with but these are probably the most underwhelming. At least the types are cool.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Paldea actually feels more like it's based on Japan than Spain.
How so? I see a lot of Spanish influences in Paldea, the overworld looks very much like the Spanish countryside, and the buildings look fairly Spanish, don't they? The only obviously Japanese thing I really recall is that one sushi restaurant Larry goes to (no idea what it was doing there).

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I actually kind of like Walking Wake at least, lol. Though I wish it was based on the drawing we saw in the Scarlet book. That design was sick
I have been growing more fond of the Johto beasts for awhile so a fusion of them would've been cool. What we got just looks wrong. I'm glad you like it at least!

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*

I think the Charcadet line and Iron Valiant is pretty close to being Don Quixote inspired as they are all knights and Ceruledge and Valiant both have blades that look similar to a lance. Quaxly is another one to a lesser extent with its hair.

ebevan91

Yeah Paradox are underwhelming BUT they aren't main DLC thing so I guess it's okay, as it'll be easier to ignore them lol

I'm wondering now if we're gonna get paradox forms for the other Johto beasts and Swords of Justice.

In the books in Scarlet/Violet the drawings clearly resemble the other Pokemon in the trios as well.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Seems to me Ogrepon has found a way to make form-changing masks out of tera crystals.

Allowing both a form and possibly type change.

Because we see in the market there are 3 other masks besides Ogrepons. They are clearly the new Legendary Starter Trio.
However the colors for them are different with a lot of pink and white replacing the black and purple on their designs.

Who knows, we may get other masks, maybe even for the original starters.

I'm curious though if these 3 have pre-evolutions like Urshifu though. The statues shown of them are different enough to state so but it could just be artistic differences.

It would make sense to have prevos for them. A prevo to find, to level up into the forms we see now and then to find their mask to unlock a new form to battle Ogrepon.

Last edited:

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Walking Wake looks good to me, it's just that, and as people have said before, the big problem I have is that the book gave us a really cool idea and not having it followed up on makes it underwhelming. Iron Leaves has a similar issue, but also having the 'X Pokemon, but Y' problem, it reminds me of Iron Jugulis in how similar it looks to Virizion.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I find it very intriguing they are giving us the DLC late fall and winter/spring.

It follows the late year release of Pokemon games and covers the Christmas sales for TPCi and it keeps us busy before the next Pokemon Day Presents.

However, it does make me wonder what's planned for next year.

The DLC may be on SWSH level or larger, but besides that, we really got no new spinoffs or anything like that. With their focus being on their free to play games or mobile products.

Makes me think 2024-2025 is gonna be pretty interesting.

BCVM22

The book does say “this is what one of our researchers IMAGINES another Paradox Pokémon could look like.”

There’s a wonderful commentary in that about theories and imagination versus reality but that would be perhaps overly metaphysical for Pokémon.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
The book does say “this is what one of our researchers IMAGINES another Paradox Pokémon could look like.”

There’s a wonderful commentary in that about theories and imagination versus reality but that would be perhaps overly metaphysical for Pokémon.
Guess we have to still wait to until Terapagos releases to see if the theories are true.

Bus

I love Walking Wake's design, but man, Iron Leaves is literally just mechanical Virizion; makes me feel kinda bad for Violet players.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I'm wondering now if we're gonna get paradox forms for the other Johto beasts and Swords of Justice.

In the books in Scarlet/Violet the drawings clearly resemble the other Pokemon in the trios as well.
I really hope so. After having the fans of all 6 pokémon excited it would be a weird move to say "haha, we were trolling, only one of each trio gets it".
And since Galar gave us the Birds variants and 2 new Regi, it wouldn't be impossible to expect all 6 to get their paradox versions.