• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Autobot N

The book does say “this is what one of our researchers IMAGINES another Paradox Pokémon could look like.”

There’s a wonderful commentary in that about theories and imagination versus reality but that would be perhaps overly metaphysical for Pokémon.
I feel like the fact that it’s Suicune is a big supporter of the imagination theory, since it literally didn’t exist until 100 years (or 150 I don’t remember) ago, so there’s no way there could be ancient variant of it

Bus

I feel like the fact that it’s Suicune is a big supporter of the imagination theory, since it literally didn’t exist until 100 years (or 150 I don’t remember) ago, so there’s no way there could be ancient variant of it
Its not a variant, but a Paradox and technically, this would be accurate: An ancient Suicune existing before Suicune came to be would be a paradox.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
The DLC is $35 which hopefully means it's bigger than SwSh's and there's still a lot they haven't showed us

Luthor

I was so interested in seeing more Paradoxes take on related Pokémon being fused like Iron Valiant. Wasn't too big on Paradox Pokémon to begin with but these are probably the most underwhelming. At least the types are cool.

The thing I find interesting is the initial design in the book seemed to have mixed traits from their trios and yet these two new ones don't seem to have that. I wonder if at some point in the year we will get new Pokemon in raids based on the other members of the group to tide us over until DLC is ready. They might even later add the ability to fuse them via an item similar to Kyurem if they really want to do something unique but that's more a hope than an expectation.

Last edited:

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
The DLC is $35 which hopefully means it's bigger than SwSh's and there's still a lot they haven't showed us
No it just means that Switch games will now cost 70$ as earlier shown with the new Zelda.

Bus

I hope so too. The second one being at a Island/Ocean center makes me thing there might be an Island associated with it; making it like Ibiza or something. As for the other....I've got no clue; it honestly sounds like they're taking a school trip to an entirely different country lol. I don't know if it'll actually be that upper region, but that would be funny if Andora (I think thats the region between Spain & France?) ends up being its own mini region that's Japanese themed.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
If you believe Suicune only came into existence when Ho-Oh revived it during the GS story, then you would have another problem: how did someone imagine a fusion of three pokémon that didn't even existed yet (since those sketches in the Scarlet/Violet Book were made 200 years ago)?

The answer is pretty simple: GF doesn't sweat over those intricacies and will do whatever they want. Fans will look into it and find incoherence and hints that GF probably never even imagined.
Whether Walking Wake is a real past Suicune or just something imagined that was made real, neither will make sense when you look too deep into it.

I love Walking Wake's design, but man, Iron Leaves is literally just mechanical Virizion; makes me feel kinda bad for Violet players.
Setting aside the difference between the sketches and the real things, the thing that bothers me a little about Iron Leaves is that it actually does something cool. When it attacks the leaves on its neck expand, so it kind of looks like a centaur. Which it pretty cool, but I just wish the leaves were always extended.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think Terapagos will get an ability that will let it freely change either its own typing or Tera type freely with a set of items similar to Arceus and Divally.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I think Terapagos will get an ability that will let it freely change either its own typing or Tera type freely with a set of items similar to Arceus and Divally.
Given all the symbols on it It would make sense. Does make me wonder if it will also be pure normal like Arceus and Silvally if it does change types a lot.
I'm thinking we're actually looking at a mixure of Judgement 2.0 and Color Change.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Teal mask or whatever its name is looks super cool!

Autobot N

Its not a variant, but a Paradox and technically, this would be accurate: An ancient Suicune existing before Suicune came to be would be a paradox.
True, but despite the name, the game currently presents Paradox Pokemon as ancient/future variants of those species of Pokemon

Sponge

I reckon summer was planned but they probably pushed it back for good measure given how SV was received.

I mean if it were a 3rd game we'd have to wait the year anyway so it's fine with me.

The first part has us going to a new region as well, so it's also possible the scope of this DLC is a bit bigger than the DLC for Sword/Shield, so they need a bit more time.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I like the new Pokémon Go Vivillon Pattern mechanic because it makes it a bit easier to get every single form.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just got a Walking Wake a while, now I just need to think of a more pokémon-sounding nickname for it

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'm just glad that both legendaries are 5-star raids. I solo'd Iron Leaves, and took part on an online raid to get Walking Wake. And boy, Walking Wake is HUGE and it walks on water.

I prefer the designs on the books though. Sucks that there's no Pokedex entry for them yet.

Bus

I just got a Walking Wake a while, now I just need to think of a more pokémon-sounding nickname for it
Might I offer the suggestions of Velociwake, Aquaraptor, Auroraptor (play on its original title of being the 'Aurora Pokemon'), or Velocicune (a double pun since it combines 'Velociraptor' and 'Suicune' with ending making its pronunciation make it sound like 'Veloci-Kun'!).

EDIT: Or just give it the name 'Velocipastor' based on the cheesy movie about a Pastor who can turn into a Velociraptor since Walking Wake can actually walk on Water like Jesus and looks like our first pokemon Velociraptor.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I'm just glad that both legendaries are 5-star raids. I solo'd Iron Leaves, and took part on an online raid to get Walking Wake. And boy, Walking Wake is HUGE and it walks on water.

I prefer the designs on the books though. Sucks that there's no Pokedex entry for them yet.
My online friend helped me out on these two mons.

Now I don't have to worry about this limited event.