• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I have the DLC but I don't have GO, my save's been fine. I crashed once during a Bronzong Outbreak but that's it
I'd suggest just avoiding GO connectivity until the future, those fancy Vivillons aren't going anywhere

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
It took GF around a week to patch the PLA glitch where if you don't talk to Melli before catching Cresselia you can't get the plate so you can't move on and because it saves automatically after you catch cresselia your save file was screwed so I hope it takes around that much time for this bug since it's more serious than fuecoco falling into a lake

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
good thing I don't plan on connecting SV to GO. So I should be fine.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I don’t play Go very often but I was fine when I connected it to my Violet save. My game hasn’t crashed once since release day.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I had to stop playing Pokemon Go because it was eating up too much of my phone's data each month, and I don't really want to start it again just for the Scarlet and Violet connectivity. I managed to get most of the Vivillon patterns a while ago through GTS trades on Pokemon Home, and with the Fancy pattern now being the default in Gen 9, I'm only missing the Poke Ball pattern, which I'm hoping will be made available again one day.
At this point, connectivity to Home is the main thing I'm waiting for. I've reached the end of the road in both my Scarlet and Violet playthroughs, but there are Pokemon I want to transfer out of the saves before I delete them and start a new playthrough. Fingers crossed it isn't too much longer.

Captain Jigglypuff

I’m only using Go as a way to get Gholdengo faster. I am struggling to get Coins in the games. I currently have 487 right now but I keep coming across Gimmighoul that only give me one single Coin.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I am so glad I don't play Pokemon Go.

I’m only using Go as a way to get Gholdengo faster. I am struggling to get Coins in the games. I currently have 487 right now but I keep coming across Gimmighoul that only give me one single Coin.

You'll usually find Gimmighoul in Chest Form at the tops of towers and they give out more than 1 Coin if you defeat them. Much easier to get Gholdengo that way instead of searching for Roaming Form throughout the region.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
good thing I don't plan on connecting SV to GO. So I should be fine.

Same here.

I play Go but I don't care much for Vivillon forms so I didn't bother using the feature.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
With there being at the earliest six months until we get the Teal Mask DLC I wonder what we will get to tide us over till then. Save for the Home update allowing for transfers into SV the only “significant” things till then would be 7-star Raids (and seasonal raids to tie into things like Easter), perhaps with the odd Legendary or two in a similar manner to Walking Wake and Iron Leaves.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
With there being at the earliest six months until we get the Teal Mask DLC I wonder what we will get to tide us over till then. Save for the Home update allowing for transfers into SV the only “significant” things till then would be 7-star Raids (and seasonal raids to tie into things like Easter), perhaps with the odd Legendary or two in a similar manner to Walking Wake and Iron Leaves.
Probably patches and maybe a free update akin to the daybreak one (very strong maybe)

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The Treasures of Area Zero is essentially their Pokemon game for 2023 like how Sword/Shield expansion pass was their game for 2020.

Large scale updates akin to Daybreak are not out of the question, but I'm not hedging bets on it.
I think Legends Arceus was a popular and well-received enough title to warrant bonus content, but SV was already coming out.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
The Treasures of Area Zero is essentially their Pokemon game for 2023 like how Sword/Shield expansion pass was their game for 2020.

Large scale updates akin to Daybreak are not out of the question, but I'm not hedging bets on it.
I think Legends Arceus was a popular and well-received enough title to warrant bonus content, but SV was already coming out.
L:A got screwed over by being delayed past Christmas because of the pandemic, had it been able to come out in November as originally intended we likely would have gotten a bigger DLC.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
L:A got screwed over by being delayed past Christmas because of the pandemic, had it been able to come out in November as originally intended we likely would have gotten a bigger DLC.
I consider Legends Arceus to be the 2021 Game Freak game, since it came in that fiscal year and before Feb 27, 2022.

Considering how SV were released later in 2022, I don't really think they intended larger DLC for Legends Arceus.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Hm....do you think that the Teal Mask might have originally been for PLA but was then redeveloped to work for SV?

Considering Isle of Armor had a Chinese leaning feel to it, I don't think the Japanese feel for Teal of Mask means it was moved. I feel the intent was to just have a distinct area for the DLC that stuck out from the main game and having a Momotaro theme around it worked perfectly for that. Additionally, as said before I feel that PLA was originally meant for a 2021 title and just got slightly delayed, and since SV was likely pegged for 2022 I doubt they had anything heavy in mind for PLA's DLC as it would've still overlapped with SV's pre-release cycle.

Captain Jigglypuff

Considering Isle of Armor had a Chinese leaning feel to it, I don't think the Japanese feel for Teal of Mask means it was moved. I feel the intent was to just have a distinct area for the DLC that stuck out from the main game and having a Momotaro theme around it worked perfectly for that. Additionally, as said before I feel that PLA was originally meant for a 2021 title and just got slightly delayed, and since SV was likely pegged for 2022 I doubt they had anything heavy in mind for PLA's DLC as it would've still overlapped with SV's pre-release cycle.
I’ve always thought that Legends was always supposed to be released right after BDSP but all three were pushed back a couple of months than intended thanks to Covid. I feel like BDSP might have been planned to be released on April 22 2021which is the US release date of the original games or in between September and late October which is when every other remake was released in Japan. Legends would have the been released mid-November to be one of the Switch’s top games to give as gifts for the holidays. That way Legends has an extra two months to itself before SV would be announced on Pokémon Day. And in between Legends and SV’s releases would have been a movie focusing on Hisui which connects to Legends much like how the Manaphy movie was connected to the first Ranger game. I’m thinking it would have been a stand alone movie with a different main character and that there would have been an ending that closes up the movie nicely yet not so much that a spin off movie series couldn’t be made if this movie did well enough and the writers decided to write some more adventures involving Hisui and other ancient/past versions of different regions.

Totodi1e

The silent boy of mystery!
Note: they specifically call this area a "Land", not a region. I'm worried people are going to get mad this place won't be as big as Paldea because they didn't pay close enough attention.
But I still think that Kitakami is indeed located in a new region, even if it's close to Paldea.

The official site give some lore to the new character Carmine and Kieran:

These two call Kitakami home, and they attend Blueberry Academy as students.

Carmine, the elder sister of the pair, is strong-willed and can be a little selfish, but she always looks out for her little brother—even if she isn’t the best at showing it. Word is that she can be chilly toward people from other regions.

Her little brother, Kieran, has a quiet, gentle nature, and he often hides behind his big sister. It seems he’s curious about you, though, when you arrive from the Paldea region.

Bold parts indicates that Kitakami isn't located in Paldea at all. The last make sure that the player is considered from Paldea, even if they just moved to the region.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
But I still think that Kitakami is indeed located in a new region, even if it's close to Paldea.

The official site give some lore to the new character Carmine and Kieran:

Bold parts indicates that Kitakami isn't located in Paldea at all. The last make sure that the player is considered from Paldea, even if they just moved to the region.
I think that Kitakami itself is far away from Paldea (and actually closer to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh).

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I’ve always thought that Legends was always supposed to be released right after BDSP but all three were pushed back a couple of months than intended thanks to Covid. I feel like BDSP might have been planned to be released on April 22 2021which is the US release date of the original games or in between September and late October which is when every other remake was released in Japan. Legends would have the been released mid-November to be one of the Switch’s top games to give as gifts for the holidays. That way Legends has an extra two months to itself before SV would be announced on Pokémon Day.

Agreed. The timing was so weird for LA that I think it was originally intended to be the big holiday game for Pokemon in 2021 and the big 25th anniversary game. But then COVID happened and things got pushed back.