• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Hunga

Just need to vent it here since I tried to do more than 8 raids already today but all been laggy and buggy.
FFS I will never get the new legendaries this way. :(
Its just soooo frustrating getting hit by invisible attacks and suddenly the bar dropping into nothing out of nowhere or your teammates not doing anything because they lag too. :(

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Just need to vent it here since I tried to do more than 8 raids already today but all been laggy and buggy.
FFS I will never get the new legendaries this way. :(
Its just soooo frustrating getting hit by invisible attacks and suddenly the bar dropping into nothing out of nowhere or your teammates not doing anything because they lag too. :(
Yow know, you don’t need to do the raids online. Or at least not the one that belongs to the version you are playing, that one you can do offline and will be much easier.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I’m only using Go as a way to get Gholdengo faster. I am struggling to get Coins in the games. I currently have 487 right now but I keep coming across Gimmighoul that only give me one single Coin.

I don’t know if anybody helped you with this, but you can re-fight Ghimighoul chests around Paldea. They have a chance of respawning each day, but trust me; after two weeks they’re all there. The individual Ghimighouls you find tucked here and there respawn daily, and after you evolve your first Gholdengo the rates increase substantially for bigger payout rolls. I’d steer clear of GO until the kinks get ironed out.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I don’t know if anybody helped you with this, but you can re-fight Ghimighoul chests around Paldea. They have a chance of respawning each day, but trust me; after two weeks they’re all there. The individual Ghimighouls you find tucked here and there respawn daily, and after you evolve your first Gholdengo the rates increase substantially for bigger payout rolls. I’d steer clear of GO until the kinks get ironed out.
I keep doing this but I can’t get more than 50 Coins at best.

Manbis

I just followed a video with all the chest spawns and did it in ike 1 hour? There should be enough chest locatios at towers and rng chance at ruins do get 999 coins in one sitting? i had around 400 while playing the story and then focused on that vid with the tower locations.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Do you think we'll get a patch for just this or will 1.3 come sooner than anticipated? I think the former will be more likely, rushing a patch could cause more issues

Hunga

Yow know, you don’t need to do the raids online. Or at least not the one that belongs to the version you are playing, that one you can do offline and will be much easier.
I know but I want both and I'm afraid that the NPCs are just way worse and not able to do it... :-/

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I know but I want both and I'm afraid that the NPCs are just way worse and not able to do it... :-/
Thing is about soloing, you don't rely on NPCs.

Sure its nice to have some Intimidate users or Arboliva for health gain, but solo raids are solo for a reason.

It just takes the right Pokemon and setup, the Slowbro method for example.

Its all about stat buffing and then one shotting.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
No one has, it wasn't stated in the patch notes prior to its release.

Honestly, I do not have any of the issues shown in the video and most just don't care or just use to the framerate.
I think the performance fixes will come with the supposed graphics patch that leaker who got everything else right mentioned

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I’m not expecting a Switch 2 version of SV. This is Stars all over again.
I'm expecting the Switch 2 to be backwards compatible with the Switch

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Yeah, so I’m not really expecting a new rerelease of SV. I’m expecting the first Switch X (my predicted name for the Switch successor) Pokémon game to be the debut game of Gen 10.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
It probably will be if Nintendo continues to partner with NVIDIA for future Switch releases.

The only question is what System-on-a-Chip they'll use. It looks like NVIDIA is launching a new Jetson Nano line this month, and the previous Jetson Nano used a binned version of the Tegra X1.

The Jetson Nano Orin has 4GB and 8GB models and uses an Ampere GPU, and it could make for a nice hybrid console.

Maybe we'll learn something at GTC later this month.