• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
No one has, it wasn't stated in the patch notes prior to its release.

Honestly, I do not have any of the issues shown in the video and most just don't care or just use to the framerate.
I think the performance fixes will come with the supposed graphics patch that leaker who got everything else right mentioned
Personally, I’m more concerned about fixing the corrupt save data bug than anything else.

I know that no one’s pinned down the main cause yet but a bug that serious feels like it needs to be the main priority

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Personally, I’m more concerned about fixing the corrupt save data bug than anything else.

I know that no one’s pinned down the main cause yet but a bug that serious feels like it needs to be the main priority
It probably is a priority, a glitch that corrupts and/or wipes the save data of the player is a huge problem and something I'm sure they wouldn't want lingering as it could affect the perception on their game. However, to fix a glitch like that they need to know what's the cause of it, and due to it being a glitch that is affecting only a group of players that also doesn't have an easy common thread between them they're probably having a hard time figuring it out. I'm sure once they do a hot fix will be out sooner rather than later.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
While they can't trace the issue though (and depending on how higgledy-piggledy their code is, it might not take a while), I think they should release HOME compatibility post-haste. While a corrupted save is really, really bad, they should at least allow people to have a place they can secure some of your precious mons.

I was thinking of saying that another way of mitigating the issue is allowing cloud saves, but admittedly I can't think of a way of preventing duplicates with that. Maybe a Pokémon HOME system like the Apple Cloud where all your Pokémon are immediately recorded in a cloud and tracked where game they went, and then the central system could just consolidate them periodically, but it feels convoluted. And right now I wouldn't trust GameFreak to create a complicated digital system and not messing it up somewhere.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
It is off my opinion that the saves are actually not getting corrupted.
I think, somehow, either the encryption key isn't correct, or the save file in getting converted into something unreadable.
Edit: There's also a chance this has to do with bad memory cards, or perhaps ones that aren't ideal to use.

Of course, it's hard to say so for sure, but it's hard to trace something with an indefinite source.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
A failing memory card could cause weird save issues. SD cards will wear out over time. And cheap, off-brand SD cards could wear out faster.

I’ve worn out a few USB flash drives that had ESXi installed on them because it would constantly write log files to it.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
So as I wrote earlier, I bought Violet and started playing after the most recent patch 1.2.

To my pleasant surprise, it's actually a lot of fun! I'm loving the freedom to (mostly) go wherever I like. For example, I stumbled upon the Level 50 Terastalized Jolteon while I only had Pokémon in the low 20s, and it became this epic raid battle (with lots of potions and Revives used), and somehow managed to catch it in the end. Obviously, I'm unable to use it now, but point being, I am loving no longer being forced down a linear path in the game. Moreover, I like the greater emphasis on the story, and the fact there are several different paths to pursue. I've only beaten 2 gyms and 2 Titans, so still a lot of gameplay left!!!

I think knowing the animation is going to look dated definitely helped. I quickly got used to it and looked past it, and instead focused on the actual gameplay.

The two issues I encountered were:

1. Slightly lower frame rate in cities. The worst was when I went to several stores in Cascaraffa, and kept trying on new outfits, and the game did not like that, so it started to become a bit choppy. Otherwise, I haven't had any major issues.

2. Early in the game, my right Joy-con controls wouldn't work while attached to Switch, but would work once I slid the Joy-con out. This wasn't a problem outside of the game (as in the Switch home screen worked fine). I had to reset the game a few times, but haven't experienced this issue afterwards.

Obviously, future generation games need superior animation and better integration of wild Pokémon and NPCs in the setting (not just randomly popping up and sticking out). It might take the Switch 2 (whenever that comes out) to fully implement that idea. And I know a lot has been said about shared XP in Pokémon games, but that's a feature that probably won't ever change.

Wingulltrainer

Is there a problem with the Wi-Fi center? I have been unable to make any surprise trades for over a week. Is there too much traffic? This game needs to be overhauled.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Is there a problem with the Wi-Fi center? I have been unable to make any surprise trades for over a week. Is there too much traffic? This game needs to be overhauled.
Do you have the most recent update/patch? Otherwise the problem might be with your internet or console. I haven’t had any issues with trading or anything else.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Random, but has it been noted that Walking Wake bears resemblance to Princess Mononoke with how suicune walks on water, and then walking wake stands upright? It is similar to the forest spirit.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Shame I will not be able to enjoy the Blissey raids but Annihilape dunks on it being immune to Seismic Toss and Last Resort. Physical attackers carrying some form of healing work well too, Seismic Toss is a set 75 points of damage and while Last Resort has a massive 140 power, Blissey’s attack stat is downright pathetic.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I don’t really get what is the purpose of these 5* raid events with Pokémon you can regularly find in the game.
Even when they are about version exclusives, you still can only access the ones that belong to your version, so… why bother?

ChandelureDetour

I don’t really get what is the purpose of these 5* raid events with Pokémon you can regularly find in the game.
Even when they are about version exclusives, you still can only access the ones that belong to your version, so… why bother?
Usually it’s pretty pointless but this Blissey Raid gives both Tera Shards and Candies in high amounts so it is definitely worth it this time. Also this raid is completely walled by ghost types and doesn’t negate player’s stat changes so boosting up and attacking makes this raid extremely easy and great for farming.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Because Blissey raids have boosted XP candies and tera crystal drops.

Literally farming these you can grab about 50 of each tera type just doing 10 of these.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Because Blissey raids have boosted XP candies and tera crystal drops.

Literally farming these you can grab about 50 of each tera type just doing 10 of these.

I have over 900 of the L candy and about 940 of the XL one. Will probably sell those to farm some money and replenish the stock with Blissey.

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
First playthrough of Violet done with full Pokedex complete.
Team: Meowscarada, Gardevoir, Ceruledge, Paldean Tauros, Oricorio, Glimmora.
Glimmora is insanely good, and I'd rate it as the MVP. Game is good, but the "where to go next" hint system had me going to places where I shouldn't have been, and I missed on out on battles appropriate to my Pokemon level.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
For those not fortunate enough to come across 6-star Ditto raids, 5-star Ditto raids with at least 5 maxed IVs will be appearing alongside the Samurott rerun. If you are hosting them go in with something other players can easily take down (e.g: Magikarp or a newly hatched Pokemon with only status moves), Polteageist with only Shell Smash and Phantom Force works well too as the latter will also fail when used by a raid Pokemon.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
For those not fortunate enough to come across 6-star Ditto raids, 5-star Ditto raids with at least 5 maxed IVs will be appearing alongside the Samurott rerun. If you are hosting them go in with something other players can easily take down (e.g: Magikarp or a newly hatched Pokemon with only status moves), Polteageist with only Shell Smash and Phantom Force works well too as the latter will also fail when used by a raid Pokemon.

Does this work on solo runs as well?

I've been thinking about doing some solo by using a weak, underleveled pokémon so the AI teammates can take it down.