• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Not too much longer to wait then, that's good. Though with how much GameFreak have been screwing up recently, once the Home update drops I may just put in one Paldea Pokemon as a canary in the coal mine just in case there are any issues on launch, and only move in the ones I want to keep once I'm confident that there won't be any problems.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’m still mad about the way TPC’s been handling all of their bugs & issues, but I’m glad the Home issue’s getting resolved & the wait is almost over.

All I’m hoping for is that they’d be more transparent & honest when something like this happens in the future and not brush it off like a joke

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I'm glad it's still in May at least

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Remember that TPC is made up of a joint arrangement between Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures, with each owning 1/3 of TPC. If you're saying TPC is overruling Nintendo you're saying that Game Freak and Creatures are both opposing them. Are they? I could buy that Creatures is, they seem to be the ones driving this in TPC, but Game Freak is probably overworked or exasperated. I think Nintendo and Game Freak would both be in support of longer dev times.

And even if Nintendo is overruled, could they do something to gain more control in TPC? Could they buy out Game Freak, for example?

Consdering Tsunekazu Ishihara is at the very top, who was the CEO of Creatures prior to The Pokémon Company's founding, I'm guessing Creatures indeed has the final say (over Nintendo or Game Freak). Or maybe it's just Ishihara alone.

The Sonic series has been grappling with these problems for decades, ever since Takeshi Iizuka was put in charge of Sonic Team (who was arguably worse, being fond of moving release dates up or splitting development teams mid-production). That's why I theorize Ishihara alone may be responsible, just as Iizuka alone was responsible for poor scheduling of Sonic game releases.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Consdering Tsunekazu Ishihara is at the very top, who was the CEO of Creatures prior to The Pokémon Company's founding, I'm guessing Creatures indeed has the final say (over Nintendo or Game Freak). Or maybe it's just Ishihara alone.

How can that be when TPC is made up of three equal partners though? Can Ishihara or Creatures just disregard majority rule? If that's true, something's very off about the way TPC is run and structured.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
How can that be when TPC is made up of three equal partners though? Can Ishihara or Creatures just disregard majority rule? If that's true, something's very off about the way TPC is run and structured.
I think Ishihara can, as he's the CEO, and whatever he says is whatever goes, as long as it isn't illegal. The Pokémon Company is a joint venture, but they have their own leaders too, with decisions made by decree at the top. Hulu is a joint venture too, and it's run in this same way, with executive mandate coming from the top that operations within Hulu must follow regardless of the other participating companies. The other company people can send input, but they have to follow orders too.

That being said, joint ventures commonly have a rotating CEO, or whoever manages the board of directors, based on the major partners making up the joint venture. Ishihara has not only been the CEO of The Pokémon Company since its inception, he is in charge of its board of directors (and he was also The Pokémon Company's founder).

I looked up what Ishihara did prior to The Pokémon Company, and during his time at Creatures, he was in charge of approving Pokémon licensed merchandise and coordinating the pacing of the anime. It was also his idea to release a Pokémon movie every year, at least until COVID-19. This makes me believe it really is just him. (That being said, Ishihara currently has a small team of people directly underneath him who approve or deny licensing requests, though I can't tell if they were brought over from Creatures, Game Freak, and Nintendo, or if they were hired specifically for The Pokémon Company and don't officially work for any of the other companies.)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I think Ishihara can, as he's the CEO, and whatever he says is whatever goes, as long as it isn't illegal. The Pokémon Company is a joint venture, but they have their own leaders too, with decisions made by decree at the top. Hulu is a joint venture too, and it's run in this same way, with executive mandate coming from the top that operations within Hulu must follow regardless of the other participating companies. The other company people can send input, but they have to follow orders too.

That being said, joint ventures commonly have a rotating CEO, or whoever manages the board of directors, based on the major partners making up the joint venture. Ishihara has not only been the CEO of The Pokémon Company since its inception, he is in charge of its board of directors (and he was also The Pokémon Company's founder).

I looked up what Ishihara did prior to The Pokémon Company, and during his time at Creatures, he was in charge of approving Pokémon licensed merchandise and coordinating the pacing of the anime. It was also his idea to release a Pokémon movie every year, at least until COVID-19. This makes me believe it really is just him. (That being said, Ishihara currently has a small team of people directly underneath him who approve or deny licensing requests, though I can't tell if they were brought over from Creatures, Game Freak, and Nintendo, or if they were hired specifically for The Pokémon Company and don't officially work for any of the other companies.)

Can they do something to oust him as CEO? If it really is him responsible, I think they have reason enough to want to get rid of him. The games are clearly suffering.

Acer11

I know this isn't the place to discuss this, but I'm trying to recall which dog breeds have been made into Pokemon so far.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I know this isn't the place to discuss this, but I'm trying to recall which dog breeds have been made into Pokemon so far.
I can help with that. Yorkshire Terriers/Any Terrier of the same Coloration (Lillipup line), mastiffs (Maschiff line), dachshund (Dachsbun), and the fu dog (Growlithe line both forms)

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I can help with that. Yorkshire Terriers/Any Terrier of the same Coloration (Lillipup line), mastiffs (Maschiff line), dachshund (Dachsbun), and the fu dog (Growlithe line both forms)
Yamper is a corgi and I think boltund is a foxhound, furfrou is a poodle, greavard can be seen as those white dogs that get the crustiest eye boogers known to man

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
He's still CEO of TPC though, he just relinquished his second role as President of Creatures. This won't change anything, we need Ishihara out as CEO of TPC.

It will change some things, since Creatures handles not only merchandising, but much of the modeling and animation of main series Pokémon games.

I PRAY this means a longer window of time between generations.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Yamper is a corgi and I think boltund is a foxhound, furfrou is a poodle, greavard can be seen as those white dogs that get the crustiest eye boogers known to man
Plus Rorkruff & Lycanroc are wolves

It will change some things, since Creatures handles not only merchandising, but much of the modeling and animation of main series Pokémon games.

I PRAY this means a longer window of time between generations.
I’m hoping that between the Home delay & the late releases for the DLC, they’re making a step in the right direction

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I’m hoping that between the Home delay & the late releases for the DLC, they’re making a step in the right direction

I would predict after the release of the DLC. The issue plaguing the main series and its shitty release schedule are all the other projects that must release alongside it.

Thus, any films, tv shows, spin-off titles and merchandise currently being planned/developed for Gen 10 must also be delayed. I doubt they'll have time to think about this before the DLC launch.

Acer11

Plus Rorkruff & Lycanroc are wolves

You mean Briards? Also, you forgot Granbull and Smeargle.

Acer11

I just realized, Leafeon and Glaceon were inspired by the Summer and Winter Solstices, respectively. That could also explain connections with the word 'dawn' in some cards.

Pokemon Power

I believe the Home maintenance for Scarlet and Violet compatibility is underway. What's everyone planning to do once it's complete? Me, I'm gonna do a test by moving the Ditto I caught in Violet to Home, then I'll move my compatible Pokemon over in National Dex order, starting with the Charmander family.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I believe the Home maintenance for Scarlet and Violet compatibility is underway. What's everyone planning to do once it's complete? Me, I'm gonna do a test by moving the Ditto I caught in Violet to Home, then I'll move my compatible Pokemon over in National Dex order, starting with the Charmander family.
I’m moving several older Pokémon that are in the SV Dex into Violet. The only new Pokémon that I’m missing are the Ruins of Legends due to finding the stakes being hard for me to keep track of which ones I’ve pulled and Gholdenego which I’m currently at 881 Gimmighoul coins