• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

DKN117

Legend Tamer
So, I'm still "just out of the Academy" story-wise (haven't tackled any Star bases, Gyms, or Titans yet; my whole team is ~LV10), but successfully ran all around Paldea unlocking as many fast-travel points as I could. Then, I caught a Ditto (thanks to using a Magikarp to lead so the blob could only Splash at me). Now, I just did my first picnic thing, with only Quaxley and Ditto in my party; my intent is to breed 2 Quaxley and then ask someone online to trade me a Sprigatito and Fuecoco. All the online guides say to just run around or do stuff and an egg will appear.

But I ran around the picnic for 20 straight minutes, and no egg.

Will eggs not appear until I pass certain story points? Will they not appear if either of the two 'mons you're trying to breed is asleep at the picnic (I happened to try this at night)?

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
Where is the Mushroom and Bamboo collectors? I have WAY too many and I don't want to sell them at a normal store.

Thanks

**I need help with an issue that I'm having in Violet!**
When I first got the game I traded my starter Fuecoco that I got at the beginning of the game to a person that I know to level it up to a level 100 Skeledirge. When I received it back from the trade it will now no longer obey me in battles and it will just loaf around. Yes, I did go and check my Fuecoco 's stats and it says that I'm still the original trainer and that I caught it at level 5. I should also mention that I currently have no gym badges. Is there any way to fix this? I'll take all the help I can get! Thank you all!

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
When I first got the game I traded my starter Fuecoco that I got at the beginning of the game to a person that I know to level it up to a level 100 Skeledirge. When I received it back from the trade it will now no longer obey me in battles and it will just loaf around. Yes, I did go and check my Fuecoco 's stats and it says that I'm still the original trainer and that I caught it at level 5. I should also mention that I currently have no gym badges. Is there any way to fix this? I'll take all the help I can get! Thank you all!
From what I hear it seems to prioritize trading over OT, so unfortunately it's treated as a trade now. Again, this is just from what I've seen online.

JsmtkNums

Anybody knows a good matchup against a 6 stars Corviknight, steel tera, has:
- Hone claws
- Iron head
- Body press
- Drill peck

WIth the hidden ability: Mirror armor

Soul18655

Flawless Hunter
So, I'm still "just out of the Academy" story-wise (haven't tackled any Star bases, Gyms, or Titans yet; my whole team is ~LV10), but successfully ran all around Paldea unlocking as many fast-travel points as I could. Then, I caught a Ditto (thanks to using a Magikarp to lead so the blob could only Splash at me). Now, I just did my first picnic thing, with only Quaxley and Ditto in my party; my intent is to breed 2 Quaxley and then ask someone online to trade me a Sprigatito and Fuecoco. All the online guides say to just run around or do stuff and an egg will appear.

But I ran around the picnic for 20 straight minutes, and no egg.

Will eggs not appear until I pass certain story points? Will they not appear if either of the two 'mons you're trying to breed is asleep at the picnic (I happened to try this at night)?

I had a similar problem when trying to breed Pikachu. I tried breeding for around 20-30 minutes with no success. I eventual ate a meal that had Egg Power as one of the benefits then got tons of egg. I have yet to complete any of the story elements and have been able to get eggs whenever Egg Power is activated. I recommend getting the power active then starting the pinic. (IE buy food from a shop rather then make it yourself. When I made it myself I had to leave the picnic then come back for it to work.)

Last edited:

Soul18655

Flawless Hunter
I'm pretty sure Friendship plays a role in this as well. I've caught Pokémon at high levels that wouldn't obey, but Pokémon that I catch at high levels then evolve through friendship never disobey me.

kee13

Hi, someone Has anyone seen a maushold with a baby, I've evolved about 15 and it always comes out with two

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Where's the best area to train to reach level 60? I finished the starfall story but my pokemon need more levels for the Elite 4

Skeledirge level 59

Sylveon level 51

Shelgon level 42

Tinkaton level 41

Gardevoir level 40

Lucario level 34

BCVM22

You'll find ample Pokémon around Lv. 50 at Casseroya Lake. Easy place to grind.

At what point in the postgame are we shown the journal entries depicting the DLC Legendaries?
Answering this, in case anyone else was wondering (probably not): there's a copy of the Scarlet/Violet Book on the standalone bookshelf on the right side of the entrance hall to the Academy. It has all the pages depicting the additional material in question.

NeoPhantom

More of a request than a question:

Could a filter for Pokecenters be added to the map? Having to go to each one to get the option to fly to them is good, but having their locations lets you see if you missed any in the area.

vondecayle

Any news about the gen 6 starters? I know they have been confirmed to be obtainable via Home (which is not available yet), but is there a way to get them in game?

I'm pretty sure Friendship plays a role in this as well. I've caught Pokémon at high levels that wouldn't obey, but Pokémon that I catch at high levels then evolve through friendship never disobey me.
Is there any way that I can raise the friendship? What would be the best thing to do?

Pokefan_1987

Any news about the gen 6 starters? I know they have been confirmed to be obtainable via Home (which is not available yet), but is there a way to get them in game?
They aren't. We will have to wait until the HOME compatibility becomes available. They probably did this so players couldn't dominate Gen 9 within the first month with more than 1 starter.

Last edited:

Soul18655

Flawless Hunter
Is there any way that I can raise the friendship? What would be the best thing to do?
The fastest way to raise friendship is to place the Pokémon in lead, have your Pokémon hold soothe bell, give it all the friendship berries it will accept(see berry description to know what those are), start a picnic, and while in the picnic wash it, throw the ball, and eat sandwiches. after you do that it will gain a significant increase to friendship.

To give you an example I had a 3 Pokémon in my party. 2 freshly caught Eevee, and 1 freshly hatched Pichu. I gave Pichu a soothe bell, and it ate 3 friendship berries. I gave nothing to the Eevee. I started my picnic. While having the picnic I did these things:

1. Threw the soccer ball out
2. Washed all Pokémon making sure Pichu, the pokemon I was focused on, was washed last.
3. Made a jam sandwich
4. Washed only Pichu
5. Made another jam sandwich
6. Closed the picnic

Pichu gained 3 levels (lv3 to lv6) from that picnic and Friendship evolved into Pikachu. the Eevee didn't gain enough exp to level up since they were lv20. I did give them a rare candy to see if they would evolve. One Eevee got enough friendship to evolve (probably from playing with the ball more then the other) one did not. Note: All pokemon have friendship levels not just the ones that evolve through the mechanic.

Last edited:

DKN117

Legend Tamer
Still fartin' around the game world, picking up items and taking on Tera Raids (I caught a Fairy-Tera Eevee with a red Sp. Attack Nature!), haven't done any of the story stuff yet. Want to know something:

I have noticed that winning Tera Raid battles does not grant any EXP to the Pokemon you use it for. But will I gain EXP for defeating Titans in the Path of Legends? (So I could, say, train my Quaxley to LV15, defeat the Titan Klawf with him, and that would push him to LV16 for a very thematic evolution, because what's cooler than your Pokemon evolving from winning a plot-critical battle?)

Pokefan_1987

Does anyone know if re-visiting classes allows to retake the final exams and get more Exp-Candies from the School.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Does anyone know if re-visiting classes allows to retake the final exams and get more Exp-Candies from the School.
When you go to the menu to retake classes, the midterms and final exams don't show up.

Pokefan_1987

They aren't. We will have to wait until the HOME compatibility becomes available. They probably did this so players couldn't dominate Gen 9 within the first month with more than 1 starter.
I need to correct myself i found a video but no-one mentions if you can get them before Elite 4 or when national dex is unlocked.