• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I need to correct myself i found a video but no-one mentions if you can get them before Elite 4 or when national dex is unlocked
EDIT: I tested a few minutes ago, Greninja doesn't appear in the West Paldean Sea if you haven't finished the Elite 4 and the final missions.

Lorphiiforme

Manta ray enthusiast
how do I get to the ghost type gym leader without climbing or flying abilities on my mount?

BCVM22

There are (mostly) simple footpaths that will get you up the mountain. Look at the map, enter the mountain area from the lower lands to the southwest, and work your way up.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I need to correct myself i found a video but no-one mentions if you can get them before Elite 4 or when national dex is unlocked
EDIT: I tested a few minutes ago, Greninja doesn't appear in the West Paldean Sea if you haven't finished the Elite 4 and the final missions.

i thought you couldn’t get these until home transfer (ie these are hacked)

Soul18655

Flawless Hunter
Still fartin' around the game world, picking up items and taking on Tera Raids (I caught a Fairy-Tera Eevee with a red Sp. Attack Nature!), haven't done any of the story stuff yet. Want to know something:

I have noticed that winning Tera Raid battles does not grant any EXP to the Pokemon you use it for. But will I gain EXP for defeating Titans in the Path of Legends? (So I could, say, train my Quaxley to LV15, defeat the Titan Klawf with him, and that would push him to LV16 for a very thematic evolution, because what's cooler than your Pokemon evolving from winning a plot-critical battle?)
I just beat the Steel Titan and got 800ish exp.

Pokefan_1987

i thought you couldn’t get these until home transfer (ie these are hacked)
Could be but, it seems that the animations already exist in the game or it would have to be a lot of work.

how do I get to the ghost type gym leader without climbing or flying abilities on my mount?
You can't...the game literally has no early obvious paths. She also is around level 46-57+ gym leader with Double Battle as a gimmick.
The way i did is was until i had the mount climbing unlocked. The you go near the ice gym climb all of them in a u turn from the right side. Just trave on the mountain with both climb and glide and you should eventually spot a lights That's the Montenevera City.

Last edited:

Manbis

i need an explanation how tera raids work.... Sometimes i dont get a single attack in like over 1 min while all my teammates attack happily? Seems incredible weird to me How does the "timer" work?.

How does the tera shield work? Sometimes even with tera transformation i dont do ANY damage to the shield. its just super weird. Does my attack need to match my tera form? I tried both but sometimes in randomly doesnt do any damage.

Also, are some raids just rng impossible? Just had a raid where i could not even tera transform cause the raid pokemon was absorbing the tera energy faster than i could build up. That should not happen right? How do you work around that?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
About the champion:
How is Geeta considered the top champion she's the final test to become a chamion ? Meaning every champion beat her in the past, including Nemona

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
About the champion:
How is Geeta considered the top champion she's the final test to become a chamion ? Meaning every champion beat her in the past, including Nemona
I think of it more of a champion in a loose sense of the word. She's more like the final door to having the title of Champion. It seems to work differently in Paldea. They can have many with the title of Champ, but only students who beat her can claim that title. However, it seems only you and Nemona have beaten her (she states this before or after the battle). So it's still a rare title.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I think of it more of a champion in a loose sense of the word. She's more like the final door to having the title of Champion. It seems to work differently in Paldea. They can have many with the title of Champ, but only students who beat her can claim that title. However, it seems only you and Nemona have beaten her (she states this before or after the battle). So it's still a rare title.
But why Nemona calls her the strongest champion if she beat her in the past?

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
I think she's unbeatable cause only 2 people (one before you) have beaten her, while I'm sure more than two people have beaten Nemona, as she's not called unbeatable.

Pokefan_1987

Just a guess

They probably share the title since Geeta is still the head of the Pokemon League in Paldea and has probably never formally stepped down from her champion rank. So either she and Nemona share it[/B] or Geeta is a respected enough to be entitled to serve as in champion role while she is a head chairwoman.
Leon is still considered as the official Champ although the player defeats him. The Ultra Alola games seem to be the only ones that acknowledge and address the player as a champion.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
How many badges do you need to make lev 2 sandwiches?

Wingulltrainer

Exactly where is Montenevero? I’ve been on every route leading out of medali and I can’t find it. Do I go through the cave to get there? I can’t find it on the map either.

LunaSol99

I have a question, I was surprise trading using the paperclip to house method, basically just keep trading back whatever you get and stop when you think you've hit something good. Well I started with a fairy tera azumarill (which I thought was good for a trade) and subsequently received lower and lower value pokemon. A few more trades and I got a scarlet exclusive titan... the guy got my last trade, a crappy shinx. Is there any way I can find this guy and trade him something worthwhile even though we aren't friends on the switch? All I have is his character name trainer id number. Any help would be appreciated.

Wingulltrainer

Could be but, it seems that the animations already exist in the game or it would have to be a lot of work.

You can't...the game literally has no early obvious paths. She also is around level 46-57+ gym leader with Double Battle as a gimmick.
The way i did is was until i had the mount climbing unlocked. The you go near the ice gym climb all of them in a u turn from the right side. Just trave on the mountain with both climb and glide and you should eventually spot a lights That's the Montenevera City.
If we have to do those stupid team star battles just so we can access later gyms, then I’m going to revolt. These kind of challenges shouldn’t affect your gameplay. I’m really getting tired of being forced to do something I don’t want to do!

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
I have a Flittle outbreak happening right at the tower fast travel point. After I knock out the 60 for the best odds can I just fly back to the tower to reset the spawns or do I need to picnic or ride away until they despawn and ride back? Flying saves a few seconds just not sure if the spawns are actually being reset.

BCVM22

Red is the + stat, blue is the - stat as dictated by the nature of the Pokémon, either inherently or after you’ve fed it a mint.