• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I have completed the Victory Road arc a few days ago as well as the other two main stories. After defeating the Elite 4 and Champion and having the final battle against Nemona we are supposed to be able to visit any Pokémon Center to unlock the IV Judge function. However, even though I have done the three stories I do not have the IV judge… is there some other criteria that I am missing?
Clear the true ending (fourth story).

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Clear the true ending (fourth story).
Ah, thank you. All the guides—including Serebii’s—state that the Elite 4 needs to be defeated and the Victory Road arc finished is the requirement. I’m about to start The Way Home anyways so no big deal.

Soul18655

Flawless Hunter
Do we know whether or not Compound Eyes and Super Luck party leads will increase the odds that the handful of Pokemon with wild held items will hold the items they have a(n usually 5%) chance of holding in Scarlet and Violet?

As follow-ups, what are the increased odds with Compound Eyes and Super Luck? (It used to go from 1%/5%/50% to 5%/20%/60%.) Also, if these Abilities do work as previously did, do they still work if the lead is fainted?
Whether it is intended or not there a several ability's who's overworld effects are not working. Synchronize, which is suppose to guarantee a wild pokemon's nature doesn't do so anymore. I spent hours trying to get a light ball using compound eyes, but didn't get one till after a 100 or so mons. I think it's safe to assume those are not working either.

BCVM22

It's glide mode, you can't really "fly" anywhere, and especially not up the mountain (or "up" anywhere). But yes, you can get up the mountain just fine without climbing or gliding. Approach the mountain from the southwest and follow the winding path up.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
is there any way to get to the 7th gym without flying there? I may have to just do those stupid team star battles.
You can go south from the Pokémon Center relatively close to where you faced the Flying Titan. However navigating the cavern en route requires you to have beaten the Steel Titan to unlock the high jump mode for Koraidon/ Miraidon.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Rather than doing a trade, can I go on a co-op with a Scarlet player to visit Zapapico and get the Malicious Armor myself?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Does anyone know of any recipes for Encounter: Grass sandwiches without Klawfsticks?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Unfortunately not. each version has a different NPCs
Yeah. I recently tested it with someone here, and it does not. Kinda sucks that you can't obtain the version-excluive items yourself.

Last edited:

Wingulltrainer

It's glide mode, you can't really "fly" anywhere, and especially not up the mountain (or "up" anywhere). But yes, you can get up the mountain just fine without climbing or gliding. Approach the mountain from the southwest and follow the winding path up.
Okay, thanks.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
You can go south from the Pokémon Center relatively close to where you faced the Flying Titan. However navigating the cavern en route requires you to have beaten the Steel Titan to unlock the high jump mode for Koraidon/ Miraidon.
You can also climb the mountain by going towards the mountains from Medali if you have the power. It takes awhile to do but you’ll eventually make it to the Ice Gym and then just climb up the mountain next to the building and go straight down. You’ll reach the seventh Gym that way.

Yveltal00

Hey homie doggles, could someone tell me if it sounds right that my Wo-Chien only has 286 Sp Atk and 292 Attack when I couldn't really put any vitamins in him (that sounds like abuse but oh well) but he still has those stats ALL SPARKLY LIKE as if they are maxed out and also it says they are at best so I couldn't iv train those stats either but it seems to me those are pretty low Atk stats especially for a legendary but it could be that way or I may be missing something, I hope one of yas can help

Missingno.Fan

Where can you find Sinistea? It says it spawns in towns. I thought you couldn’t catch Pokémon in the city. It also says it lives in ruins. What ruins?

Soul18655

Flawless Hunter
Where can you find Sinistea? It says it spawns in towns. I thought you couldn’t catch Pokémon in the city. It also says it lives in ruins. What ruins?
Not sure about towns, though I would image it spawn outside towns. Eevee’s dexs says a similar thing and it can be found near the normal type gym town and often walks into it ha ha.

As for as ruins its talking about the old damage structure you can find gimmighouls on or near.

Missingno.Fan

Not sure about towns, though I would image it spawn outside towns. Eevee’s dexs says a similar thing and it can be found near the normal type gym town and often walks into it ha ha.

As for as ruins its talking about the old damage structure you can find gimmighouls on or near.
So like the watch tower?

Soul18655

Flawless Hunter
There are literally several little fragmented ruins all over the region. You can see some of them from the map. You don’t enter anything they are apart of the overworld. I don’t know how far you are in the game, but I would recommend going to the desert by the port town with the action. Walk along the desert’s boarder, (you should be in the desert) and you’ll see bricks and pillars poking out of the sand. Those are the ruins.

Soul18655

Flawless Hunter
Hey homie doggles, could someone tell me if it sounds right that my Wo-Chien only has 286 Sp Atk and 292 Attack when I couldn't really put any vitamins in him (that sounds like abuse but oh well) but he still has those stats ALL SPARKLY LIKE as if they are maxed out and also it says they are at best so I couldn't iv train those stats either but it seems to me those are pretty low Atk stats especially for a legendary but it could be that way or I may be missing something, I hope one of yas can help
What nature and LV is it? Can’t really tell with out those. Assuming it has a neutral nature and is lv 100 it’s attack stat is much higher then it should be, and it’s special attack is 3 digits shy of the max for that category.

MagicEspeon

P. F. Magician
For the Exp. Point meal power:
If I have, for example, Exp. Point Power: Dragon active, do my Dragon types gain more exp or do all of my Pokemon gain more exp from defeating Dragon types?

PokeAmi

If you haven't found them yet, they spawns right outside of the Pokémon Center at Zapapico East.
I just usually walk around at the hill right beside it and they spawn there. Level 28.
Got around 7-8 Sinistea at once floating around at the highest after using the Sandwich that boost ghost type encounter