• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I'm going to ask my question again.

Can you nature reset a member of the ruinous quartet after pulling the last of its corresponding stakes?
Should be able to since there does not seem to be indication that their nature is locked unlike Koraidon/Miraidon. Just be sure to save your game (and turn auto-save off) before interacting with the shrine door.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Another question.

Since Day/Night in game isn't the same as Day/Night IRL, which one counts for Evolving Rockruff or other Day/Night pokemon?

Like, could it be 8am IRL and i still get a Midnight Lycanroc because its nighttime in game?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Are there any tips to increase the odds of shiny patch dropping or only the sandwiches and pray for the best?

Was going to ask if tera type carries over on breeding but a quick googling tells me not. How weird. But then I wouldn't be surprised if they make an item for it on the DLC...

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
What i'm wondering a lot is what Terrastal type will be assigned to transferred pokemon when the HOME compatibility comes?
For example Greninja is Water/Dark...will it be set to the first type i.e. Water or does it receive Dark as it's Terrastal type?

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Anyone else having issues connecting to raid battles online? I'm getting a ton of Communication Errors or Communications Failed when trying to join raids or change the Pokemon I'm using.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Anyone else having issues connecting to raid battles online? I'm getting a ton of Communication Errors or Communications Failed when trying to join raids or change the Pokemon I'm using.
The communication errors are likely the same issues from Sword and Shield. Raids are displayed as available even though they are not or no longer looking. Or that some raids are popular to join so 10 people might be trying to all join the same one at once. The system isn’t exactly capable of showing what is actually available for a certain player to join. You’ll have the best luck just accepting that picking a random raid works the best.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Another question.

Since Day/Night in game isn't the same as Day/Night IRL, which one counts for Evolving Rockruff or other Day/Night pokemon?

Like, could it be 8am IRL and i still get a Midnight Lycanroc because its nighttime in game?
The current time of the day within the game.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
The communication errors are likely the same issues from Sword and Shield. Raids are displayed as available even though they are not or no longer looking. Or that some raids are popular to join so 10 people might be trying to all join the same one at once. The system isn’t exactly capable of showing what is actually available for a certain player to join. You’ll have the best luck just accepting that picking a random raid works the best.
I don't entirely think its the same issue. I also get communication errors when trying to change my Pokemon after I'm eventually let into the raid. So I think there is something else going on. It could also be something on my network, but I didn't see my firewall blocking any traffic.

Time to figure out how to do packet captures for wireless network devices.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
So where exactly is the best place to find Bisharp holding the Leader Crest and surrounded by Pawnard? I have been searching for days now and can’t find any Bisharp that isn’t wandering around by itself. Also do Own Tempo Rockruff only evolve only dusk within the game’s day and night cycle or is it real world time based? I managed to find a Rockruff that can evolve into Dusk Lycanroc and it is past it’s evolution level.

Soul18655

Flawless Hunter
So where exactly is the best place to find Bisharp holding the Leader Crest and surrounded by Pawnard? I have been searching for days now and can’t find any Bisharp that isn’t wandering around by itself. Also do Own Tempo Rockruff only evolve only dusk within the game’s day and night cycle or is it real world time based? I managed to find a Rockruff that can evolve into Dusk Lycanroc and it is past it’s evolution level.
The Bamboo Forest near the Team Star Bass with the Fighting chick as it's boss. (I would tell you the exact location but I'm in a panic and cant use my map.)

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
The Bamboo Forest near the Team Star Bass with the Fighting chick as it's boss. (I would tell you the exact location but I'm in a panic and cant use my map.)
They can also be found in the central area, though they're much higher leveled.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Another question: Where exactly in Casseroya Lake is Toedscool found? I went there and couldn’t find any.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
To be more specific, Toedscool is always found standing next to tree trunks. They're small and can blend in with the ground, they're skittish and will dash the moment they see you, and the speed at which they run means you'll never catch them without riding on Koraidon/Miraidon. So it's understandable if you've never spotted any, as they aren't meant to be easy to get.

DKN117

Legend Tamer
I've got a Keen Eye Rockruff (Fighting Tera, from a Raid Den), just got him to LV25 (in-game daytime, going for Midday Lycanroc), and he won't evolve.