• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Hey guys,
I have a rather specific question and I was hoping that someone could help me with that. I just beat the Fire Star team and my Pokemon are around level 25-27. I would like to add a Veluza to my team but I find the information on many different sites to be somewhat confusing or contradicting which is why I decided to ask here: What is the lowest-level Veluza one can find in the wild? And where would that be?
Thanks a lot!
Best bets would be the ocean areas near Levinica or Porto Marinada, the latter area may have Veluza relatively close to your team's levels.

echo13

I am having a really hard time finding a wild Slakoth. I'll see it on the map, run around headbutting trees, respawning the other pokemon that do show up... no luck. Does it have a really low encounter rate or something? Plenty of Vigoroths, is it a glitch where the Slakoth icon shows up for Vigoroths? And can you only headbutt certain trees or is any tree fair game?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Speaking of my own experience, as I've tried getting those in the wild too, it's way faster simply breeding Vigoroth

JotaX_97

Hello everyone
The Levincia page here on Serebii lists 4 Gym Trainers https://www.serebii.net/pokearth/paldea/levincia.shtml

However, I am only able to battle Marti and Michael during the Gym Test. No matter how many times I try to fail by quitting, picking the wrong people and waiting until the camera zooms close to Mr. Walksabout, I only get to battle Marti and Michael.

Does anyone know how to battle Alonso and Diego?

echo13

Darn it, I really don't like breeding... oh well. As far as headbutting, is any tree fair game?

@JotaX_97 I think I only battled two too, maybe it's all four for the gym leader rematch?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
My own question: is Game Freak anywhere in this game? I haven't been able to find them.

I am having a really hard time finding a wild Slakoth. I'll see it on the map, run around headbutting trees, respawning the other pokemon that do show up... no luck. Does it have a really low encounter rate or something? Plenty of Vigoroths, is it a glitch where the Slakoth icon shows up for Vigoroths? And can you only headbutt certain trees or is any tree fair game?
For Pokémon in trees, they will be visible in the tree itself, either attached to the tree trunk or within the leaves. From what I have done looking for Slakoth, they are indeed very rare, and I would join in on the recommendations that you should breed a Vigoroth or Slaking, as it's far easier to get Vigoroth, and once you get far enough into the game, Slaking.

Hello everyone
The Levincia page here on Serebii lists 4 Gym Trainers https://www.serebii.net/pokearth/paldea/levincia.shtml

However, I am only able to battle Marti and Michael during the Gym Test. No matter how many times I try to fail by quitting, picking the wrong people and waiting until the camera zooms close to Mr. Walksabout, I only get to battle Marti and Michael.

Does anyone know how to battle Alonso and Diego?
I think those two are in the game's coding, but the triggers for them to battle you don't exist. As a result, you never battle them.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Do you need to take the history classes to unlock the legendaries?
No, it does make it easier by marking the shrine locations on your map (and allowing you to fly to them once you visited it).

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
anyone know where the hell exactly in Violet/Scarlet do i even find a Charcadet and a frikkin Applin?
The first location I found Charcadet in is the southern area, just east of Mesagoza, where you'd find Klawf and such. I found one by a grassy area near the Pokémon Center in the middle of this area.

Applin is found in trees, but they're rare. You'll need to spot one in the leaves of a tree, then have Koraidon or Miraidon headbutt the tree to knock Applin down.

Both Pokémon can also be obtained via Tera Raid Battles. That's what I did for Applin and its evolutions, as Appletun and Flapple can't be found in the wild.

urrutiap

That really doesnt help at all. I was just wandering outside of Mesagoza wandered south of the town then traveled to the eastern side. all i found so fa were the Bountsweet pokey.

as for trees that have Applins, where exactly?? What frikkin town?

The first location I found Charcadet in is the southern area, just east of Mesagoza, where you'd find Klawf and such. I found one by a grassy area near the Pokémon Center in the middle of this area.

Applin is found in trees, but they're rare. You'll need to spot one in the leaves of a tree, then have Koraidon or Miraidon headbutt the tree to knock Applin down.

Both Pokémon can also be obtained via Tera Raid Battles. That's what I did for Applin and its evolutions, as Appletun and Flapple can't be found in the wild.

urrutiap

Are the Applin pokey even in the frikkin Violet/Scarlet games or do I have go and catch one in Shield/Sword?

Red and Blue

They are located in the Tagtree thicket. You have to headbutt the trees using the Dash ability on your mascot Pokemon and wait for one to fall out. Or lure it out using a sandwich. Personally I used a Great Avacado Sandwich to catch two of them

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Are the Applin pokey even in the frikkin Violet/Scarlet games or do I have go and catch one in Shield/Sword?
Aside from headbutting trees, Applin can also be found in 1-star Raids.

But if you want a guaranteed Applin, you can find a Lv.15 fixed spawn on East Province Area One. See below for exact location.

NCQPYSV.png

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Which raids offer stat reducing berries like Pomeg & Tamato Berries?

urrutiap

No they are not there in the Tagtree Thicket. all I ever find are the stupid Bounsweet and those grey pinecone pokey.

They are located in the Tagtree thicket. You have to headbutt the trees using the Dash ability on your mascot Pokemon and wait for one to fall out. Or lure it out using a sandwich. Personally I used a Great Avacado Sandwich to catch two of them

Red and Blue

No they are not there in the Tagtree Thicket. all I ever find are the stupid Bounsweet and those grey pinecone pokey.
They are there they are just a rare spawn unfortunately. If you don't want to use the headbutting method just make a sandwich using a recipe with a Dragon encounter. You'll be guaranteed an Applin then.

echo13

I found Applin in a tree outside Artazon, didn't see it but headbutted and it fell out. In the grassy part, not the desert. It did have the icon on the map too.