• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Which raids offer stat reducing berries like Pomeg & Tamato Berries?
In addition, the stat-reducing berries are found out in the open in East Provinces One and Two. (They're there in Three as well, but as it's a barren land, the little yellow sparkly things randomly scattered about are more likely to be mineral-based items, like Smooth Rocks and Stardust.)

The Porto Marinada auctions are definitely by far the most abundant sources of them though.
No they are not there in the Tagtree Thicket. all I ever find are the stupid Bounsweet and those grey pinecone pokey.
They are there. They're just rare. They can also be found in the areas immediately east of Artazon, up in trees, but again, they're very rare.

Charcadet can be found wandering out in the open, but they're also a rare spawn. You'll have to be patient if you don't find them.

Both are rare spawns and will need either a sandwich corresponding to their types or some time/luck to find. You can't expect to find them immediately, or even after a few minutes.

NTAEndar

I'm hunting down all of the trainers, and cannot find two of them. South Province Area Four Backpacker (name missing on Serebii) with an Oinkologne and Staravia, and Poke Maniac Youssef in the Dalizapa Passage. Any help would be much appreciated!

A_Viewer

Are they any consequences to time travel? I'm considering messing with my clock to get mass outbreaks, but I know there were consequences for time travel in previous games. I looked around and didn't find anything specific, but I'd rather be sure.

Phil Rohan

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but is there an effective way to get Toedscool to come out and battle you? I've seen them pop up on the map preview, but have never actually seen one. Are they just very rare, or do you have to do something like headbutt trees?

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but is there an effective way to get Toedscool to come out and battle you? I've seen them pop up on the map preview, but have never actually seen one. Are they just very rare, or do you have to do something like headbutt trees?
Toedscool tend to be found hanging near trees (no head butting needed), they are quite skittish so creeping up on them and tossing a Pokemon from afar (using ZR) is advised.

Phil Rohan

Toedscool tend to be found hanging near trees (no head butting needed), they are quite skittish so creeping up on them and tossing a Pokemon from afar (using ZR) is advised.
I managed to get one - there are some fixed spawn Toedscool near the tower in East Province Area one, which don't seem to require anything unusual.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Have a hard time deciding on which of these 5 are most difficult/troublesome to catch and would be best to use the master ball on?

Iron Valiant
Ting-Lu
Chien-Pao
Wo-Chien
Chi-Yu

I only have a handful of level their 60's and most of my others are lower to use against these 5

Akashin

Have a hard time deciding on which of these 5 are most difficult/troublesome to catch and would be best to use the master ball on?

Iron Valiant
Ting-Lu
Chien-Pao
Wo-Chien
Chi-Yu

I only have a handful of level their 60's and most of my others are lower to use against these 5
Iron Valiant is a relative non-issue to catch so long as you match up types, and its catch rate is a fair bit higher than the others on this list.

Personally I caught all of these and still have my Master Ball (I guess I'm saving it for a potential DLC catch at this point), but I'd use it on either Chien-Pao or Wo-Chien. The former can saw through your team thanks to its Ability, reducing how long you can stall it out for a catch; and the latter has Giga Drain, making maintaining low health for better catching chances more difficult.

Pokefan_1987

Does anyone know how to unlock the post-game visit sequences where you are supposed to be able to visit Nemona Penny and Arven in their rooms?

What are the requirements? I tried the school but none of the rooms have their icons and i tried Nemona's home at the beginning house?

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Does anyone know how to unlock the post-game visit sequences where you are supposed to be able to visit Nemona Penny and Arven in their rooms?

What are the requirements? I tried the school but none of the rooms have their icons and i tried Nemona's home at the beginning house?
Not sure if beating the Ace Academy Tournament is needed but it should be a bunch of post-game dialogue around the school. Maybe exiting and reentering the school may help?

BCVM22

You have to follow the three of them around the school. Look at any transport console in the school and see where each one is waiting, then find them, talk to them, and repeat. It's a whole sequence that needs to be done for each character before you unlock being able to visit their dorm rooms.

Pokefan_1987

You have to follow the three of them around the school. Look at any transport console in the school and see where each one is waiting, then find them, talk to them, and repeat. It's a whole sequence that needs to be done for each character before you unlock being able to visit their dorm rooms.
Is it after the tournament. I'm only seeing saguaro's herba mystica request and the history teacher looking for the Creatures of Ruin legendaries

Not sure if beating the Ace Academy Tournament is needed but it should be a bunch of post-game dialogue around the school. Maybe exiting and reentering the school may help?
Did thing like exiting many times.
But i haven't unlocked the tournament. There so many will be high levels battles. Even a lot of the gyms did a lot of damage on me... for example (Katy has stone edge on 2 members on her bug team vs my Skeledirge) and and i didn't expect Iono's Electric bird to be strong enough to KO out my Garchomp with a few Air Slashes.

So i guess I'm still a bit underleveled for some of the remaining gym rematches (Rhyme Larry Grusha and Tulip if i remember correctly)

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Pretty sure you need to beat the tournament once, since Arven mentions it in one of the dialogues.

As for the battles, all the Gym leaders are on the same level in the rematches, the final ones won’t be on a higher level.
And the tournament itself is just slightly higher than that (just by fighting the leaders you should level up enough).

jstraight52

I noticed that the Serebii page listing the Academy Ace Tournament rewards only adds up to 99.9%. Does anyone know if something is missing from the list? Obviously since Pokeballs are the only items whose odds are less than 1%, it would probably be another ball (like the safari ball)

is the move speed swap bugged in gen 9 or something? in my latest playthrough i've been using rabsca with speed swap to offset its speed issue, but in every battle where the opponent has multiple pokemon, my speed seems to reset as soon as i knock out the first one. the next pokemon could have less than half the speed stat of the one i used speed swap on, but it moves first anyway without any held items or priority moves.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I noticed that the Serebii page listing the Academy Ace Tournament rewards only adds up to 99.9%. Does anyone know if something is missing from the list? Obviously since Pokeballs are the only items whose odds are less than 1%, it would probably be another ball (like the safari ball)

Most likely, this is due to rounding up or down. Rounding can cause small discrepancies like that.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Is there an easier way of locating the different stakes and where the Treasures of Ruin reside?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Is there an easier way of locating the different stakes and where the Treasures of Ruin reside?
I most look at the color of the pillar of light seen in the overworld. Once you see that color, you know that’s stake is clse by. I think the stakes are a darker color than the Tera Raid lights. Golden yellow lights are the Tera Pokémon with a specific Tera type and Tera Raid dens have some white mixed into them.

zolios

Hi, I have an issue with getting the Master Rank Ribbon on my Pokemon. I've just made it into the Master Ball tier of singles and won more than 1 game in this tier (3 so far and lost 1) but my team didn't get their ribbons. On Serebii's main site it says you only need one win in Master Ball tier and it was the same in SwSh where I got the ribbon on many Pokemon.

I also know that the ribbons show up only when selected from the last summary page of the Pokemon that's in your party in this game (I've got the Champion ribbons on my playthrough team) so it's not that I'm not seeing the Master Rank ribbon, I just didn't get it on any of my 6 Pokemon after 3 wins in Master Ball tier when 1 win should've been enough. Is the ribbon only exclusive to Doubles in this generation or am I doing something wrong? Or did I just found another glitch/issue these games have to add to the long list.