• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

shadowF

Are the Walking Wake and Iron Leaves raid events 100% catch rate?

Would like to capture my Walking Wake with a Moon Ball so want to make sure it will be easy to do so.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Are the Walking Wake and Iron Leaves raid events 100% catch rate?

Would like to capture my Walking Wake with a Moon Ball so want to make sure it will be easy to do so.
Pretty sure all SV Raids are 100% catch rate

Onyx Tanuki

Ma! There's a weird 'nuki in the yahd!
I’m having trouble deciding how to ev train Pokémon. Is it best to ev train them for singles or doubles?
If you're talking about in-game, almost all of the battles are solo except a very small number of trainer battles, so unless the DLC brings with it a lot of doubles trainers, you'll be better off training your pokemon for singles battles. As for competitive battling, I believe most official battling events like VGC are doubles, so pick teams, movesets, EVs, etc. accordingly.

Speaking of training, I'm working on leveling an Arboliva for the Iron Leaves raid, and was wondering if anyone knows of a sandwich recipe that includes Exp. Point Power: Grass and Encounter Power: Normal? I couldn't find anything in either the picnic sandwiches or restaurant menus, so if it's possible it'd have to be a custom recipe. If there isn't one I can just stick to Ultra Curry-and-Rice, but I'd like to expedite the levels as much as I can.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Speaking of training, I'm working on leveling an Arboliva for the Iron Leaves raid, and was wondering if anyone knows of a sandwich recipe that includes Exp. Point Power: Grass and Encounter Power: Normal? I couldn't find anything in either the picnic sandwiches or restaurant menus, so if it's possible it'd have to be a custom recipe. If there isn't one I can just stick to Ultra Curry-and-Rice, but I'd like to expedite the levels as much as I can.

Did you plan on how you are going to counter Iron Leaves' Megahorn?

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..

Don’t know if you looked it up on the Sandwich Calc yet, but here’s one:

• Chorizo
• Cheese
• Lettuce
• Rice
——
• Mayonaise

At least 2 pieces of the Chorizo and the Cheese must land. It gets you:

• Encounter Power: Normal 1
• Exp. Power: Grass 1
• Humungo Power: Fire 1

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
From a guide from GameFAQs:
For solo -
- 4x Tofu
- 2x Watercress,
- Condiments:
- 2x Pepper
- 2x Salt

Results in Exp Normal 1, Raid Flying 1, Encounter Normal 1.

You'll have to do some sandwich-fu for this though, stacking those tofus can be pretty tricky.

R5GUpe3.jpg

There's also a multiplayer version with stronger powers, but if that's the case I say just use the Sparkling Power Normal 3 and Encounter Normal 3 recipe and you just might get lucky.

naao

Hey!

I've been trying to get a Happiny mass outbreak at the Pokémon League. I know that you pretty easily can get Happiny outbreaks in many other locations of the map, but I'm already set getting it at the Pokémon League specifically. I know from research and Youtube videos that the mass outbreaks you get on your map are affected by where you're currently standing when you're date skipping. The Pokémon that can spawn where you're currently standing, have higher odds at appearing as a mass outbreak somewhere on the map. Serebii says that Happiny can spawn at Pokémon League. So I should be able to find a Happiny outbreak at Pokémon League then, right?

When I've been date skipping, I've been standing at different locations (northwest to southeast) at the whole area that is labeled as the Pokémon League, but I've had no luck getting a Happiny outbreak on the actual grass of the Pokémon League area. A few times I've been close, getting the outbreak on the mountain bordering the Pokémon League area, which is so close that when I am walking on the grass to the corner by the mountain, I did get the pop up saying "You've found an outbreak of Happiny!". But there's actually not a single Happiny there, cause the outbreak was placed too much into the mountain.
YtdcZo5.jpg

I've literally done a 1000 resets now so I'm wondering, anyone knows if it's possible to get a Happiny outbreak at Pokémon League? Is there some glitch or error in the code that makes it impossible for it to land on the grass although it seems like it should be possible? Is there limitations to where certain Pokémon can have their outbreaks, even though they can spawn there normally without outbreaks? Any other help how to succeed to get a Happiny outbreak at Pokémon League?

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Hey!

I've been trying to get a Happiny mass outbreak at the Pokémon League. I know that you pretty easily can get Happiny outbreaks in many other locations of the map, but I'm already set getting it at the Pokémon League specifically. I know from research and Youtube videos that the mass outbreaks you get on your map are affected by where you're currently standing when you're date skipping. The Pokémon that can spawn where you're currently standing, have higher odds at appearing as a mass outbreak somewhere on the map. Serebii says that Happiny can spawn at Pokémon League. So I should be able to find a Happiny outbreak at Pokémon League then, right?

When I've been date skipping, I've been standing at different locations (northwest to southeast) at the whole area that is labeled as the Pokémon League, but I've had no luck getting a Happiny outbreak on the actual grass of the Pokémon League area. A few times I've been close, getting the outbreak on the mountain bordering the Pokémon League area, which is so close that when I am walking on the grass to the corner by the mountain, I did get the pop up saying "You've found an outbreak of Happiny!". But there's actually not a single Happiny there, cause the outbreak was placed too much into the mountain.
YtdcZo5.jpg

I've literally done a 1000 resets now so I'm wondering, anyone knows if it's possible to get a Happiny outbreak at Pokémon League? Is there some glitch or error in the code that makes it impossible for it to land on the grass although it seems like it should be possible? Is there limitations to where certain Pokémon can have their outbreaks, even though they can spawn there normally without outbreaks? Any other help how to succeed to get a Happiny outbreak at Pokémon League?
I believe it's just luck. They say that staying near the target area helps, but I think that's just an urban legend mixed with part observation bias part copium. Desire Sensor™ may also be playing it's hand.

I tried resetting for a Charcadet outbreak but after 4 years of time skipping I just gave up and did it by the mountain spawn. Then lo and behold, it appears within the week after that.

RNG/Algorithms be a tricky mistress.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
I haven't found info or confirmation, but does anybody know if Compound Eyes still work for held item rates? I need to find/farm Black Sludges.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Where exactly are Zoroua and Zoroark found? I haven’t had any luck finding them or Mimikyu.

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
Where exactly are Zoroua and Zoroark found? I haven’t had any luck finding them or Mimikyu.

Zorua, Zoroark and Mimikyu all appear in Tagtree thicket. The Z's are disguised as other pokes via illusion in the overworld, which can make them tricky to find- though you can hear the Z's cry rather than their illusioned pokemons cry if thst makes sense.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Zorua, Zoroark and Mimikyu all appear in Tagtree thicket. The Z's are disguised as other pokes via illusion in the overworld, which can make them tricky to find- though you can hear the Z's cry rather than their illusioned pokemons cry if thst makes sense.
Zorua is also around the outskirts of Medali. You can see through their disguises by using the ZL-Targeting: if you have them on your 'dex it should say their name, otherwise it will show up as ???. ZL-Targeting is a pain, but if you're after Zorua and Zoroark particularly I think it's faster in the long run.

shadowF

Can I soft reset for Great Tusk in the desert?

I keep soft resetting but I keep getting Naughty for it's nature even though it's characteristics are different all the time. Is the nature locked in?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Can I soft reset for Great Tusk in the desert?

I keep soft resetting but I keep getting Naughty for it's nature even though it's characteristics are different all the time. Is the nature locked in?
^That page shoes Great Tusk with Naughty as well so I'd assume so.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I have been wondering for myself since i'm not impressed with Decidueye being Flying Tera Type (and i'm replacing Brave Bird with Shadow Ball)

Which would better overall alternative Ghost (SInce it is usually is Ghost Type) or Fighting Tera Type (Hisuian Decidueye reference) ?