• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Is there any trick behind auctions or are the prices just RNG? Also, do the items reset daily or after a set period of time?

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Is there any trick behind auctions or are the prices just RNG? Also, do the items reset daily or after a set period of time?
Sometimes the prices get out of hand. Bottle Caps regularly go for above what you can purchase them for at a shop while the rare balls can be as cheap as ₽200k or balloon to ₽500 for the same ball. I don’t quite know how they are generated but I rarely find things there that I can’t just buy for cheaper.

The items reset each in-game day. I believe each “day” is 72 minutes of game time. So check back if you’ve been playing for a while.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I haven't found info or confirmation, but does anybody know if Compound Eyes still work for held item rates? I need to find/farm Black Sludges.
No, it no longer increases the rate of held items. I attempted this to find more Booster Energy, but it doesn't appear to work.

Sometimes the prices get out of hand. Bottle Caps regularly go for above what you can purchase them for at a shop while the rare balls can be as cheap as ₽200k or balloon to ₽500 for the same ball. I don’t quite know how they are generated but I rarely find things there that I can’t just buy for cheaper.

The items reset each in-game day. I believe each “day” is 72 minutes of game time. So check back if you’ve been playing for a while.
I had a Lure Ball reach about P650,000 before I bailed out as I didn't have that much money on me.

Det. Viper

I had a Lure Ball reach about P650,000 before I bailed out as I didn't have that much money on me.
That much?! That’s absolutely crazy. I try to keep at least ₽1 million for reasons like that. The only things I wish is that the Beast Ball was available in the auctions and that the sport ball and safari ball were available in the game.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
The trick is not getting suckered into the auction, unless you absolutely have to for one of the rare Apricorn balls. I’ve seen a set of x9 Bottle Caps sell for over 450,000, at any Chansey Supply they’re 20,000 apiece! The computer double teams you between bets and it cascades into a money pit. Just avoid.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The trick is not getting suckered into the auction, unless you absolutely have to for one of the rare Apricorn balls. I’ve seen a set of x9 Bottle Caps sell for over 450,000, at any Chansey Supply they’re 20,000 apiece! The computer double teams you between bets and it cascades into a money pit. Just avoid.
I only do the auction if it has one of the Pots needed to evolve Sinistea or something worth value to me. I find that if you keep selecting the highest bid option every time, the NPCs bidding against you will usually give up by the third or fourth price increase and you can get rarer Balls for under 30,000. I haven’t lost an auction yet and it’s not like I have a lot of money saved either.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I have just seen a comment on Reddit saying that you can find Wattrel on the edge of the beach near Nemona's house in Cabo Loco. Is this true?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I have just seen a comment on Reddit saying that you can find Wattrel on the edge of the beach near Nemona's house in Cabo Loco. Is this true?
I think I’ve seen at least one at the top of the Lighthouse near her house. I think it’s a rare encounter though as I only saw it there once.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I think I’ve seen at least one at the top of the Lighthouse near her house. I think it’s a rare encounter though as I only saw it there once.
I'll have a look at some point, but I can confirm you can find them on Nemona's beach! They're level 14 so maybe not a super early capture, but hey ho.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
is there any way to teach samurott sacred sword as a egg move in Gen 9?

Det. Viper

is there any way to teach samurott sacred sword as a egg move in Gen 9?
Have your Oshawott or Samurott hold a mirror herb and have an open move slot. Go into a picnic with a Gallade, Chien-Pao or Iron Leaves that knows Sacred Sword. Make sure they are the only two Pokémon in your party and Sacred Sword should transfer to your Oshawott in the picnic.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Didn't know it was an egg/picnic move.

Once I capture one I'll replace Megahorn with it

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Have your Oshawott or Samurott hold a mirror herb and have an open move slot. Go into a picnic with a Gallade, Chien-Pao or Iron Leaves that knows Sacred Sword. Make sure they are the only two Pokémon in your party and Sacred Sword should transfer to your Oshawott in the picnic.
So first i need a Oshawott and then make sure they spend time together before packing. Any recommended boosting sandwiches?

ShadowForce720

So first i need a Oshawott and then make sure they spend time together before packing. Any recommended boosting sandwiches?
If your talking for that specifically and not in general then there is no boosting sandwich for that as your not trying to produce an egg, your just having the Pokémon with the Mirror Herb learn the egg move from another Pokémon.

If your talking about in general then it kinds of depends on what you want to do.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I was doing some raids to clear the map, and when I was roughly half way done, I noticed the raids reseted and suddenly the map was filled with raids again even though it’s 1PM here.

Was it a bug? I thought the raids only reseted at 12AM or when you cleared them all.

Det. Viper

I was doing some raids to clear the map, and when I was roughly half way done, I noticed the raids reseted and suddenly the map was filled with raids again even though it’s 1PM here.

Was it a bug? I thought the raids only reseted at 12AM or when you cleared them all.
It’s happened to me a few times. Not recently but sometimes it seems there is a miscommunication between the game and the server which causes the server to believe it’s your first login of the day which resets your tera raids.