• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I've asked earlier in this thread and people responded we get the move as soon as the pokémon in the picnic are sent out.

Have been using it ever since and it works just as described.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Is it worth using Regeneration Klawf, Sand Veil Orthworm, and/or Prankster Grafaiai?
I own the latter two and used too own the first one I just don't know if they're worth it.
Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place

ShadowForce720

Is it worth using Regeneration Klawf, Sand Veil Orthworm, and/or Prankster Grafaiai?
I own the latter two and used too own the first one I just don't know if they're worth it.
Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place
Okay first in regards to Regenerator Klawf, Regenerator is a good ability as Klawf would be able to regain some health if you switch it out so you could run one, now it’s other two abilities are Shell Armor and Anger Shell but I’m not sure if either of those would be better then Regenerator.

As for Orthworm, I don’t see any reason why you would run Sand Veil over Earth Eater, I mean sure Sand Veil boosts your evasion but that is only in a Sand Storm, where as Earth Eater turns Orthworm’s weakness to Ground type moves into a immunity and plus allows Orthworm to heal from Ground type attacks instead of being damage by them.

So if you ask me Earth Eater is too good of a ability for Orthworm to ever pass it up for Sand Veil. So basically if your going to use Orthworm just use one with Earth Eater.

As for Prankster Grafaiai, yeah that’s a good ability considering I have seen people have Grafaiai use its signature move to copy abilities before.

So basically I would say both Regenerator Klawf and Prankster Grafaiai could be worth considering running, however don’t consider running Sand Veil on Orthworm.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Minor question but... In some 7-star raids, I've noticed those moments where the boss pokémon lands a hit and there's a sound that's like "you made a score". What's up with this? Just wondering what this strange phenomen was meant to be.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Does anyone know why the games is saying i'm unable to join a raid when typhlosion is in my party but if he is in a box i can use him just fine. It came as a cyndaquil in a egg?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Minor question but... In some 7-star raids, I've noticed those moments where the boss pokémon lands a hit and there's a sound that's like "you made a score". What's up with this? Just wondering what this strange phenomen was meant to be.
Could you describe what it sounds like? I have trouble recalling something that sounds out of place.
Does anyone know why the games is saying i'm unable to join a raid when typhlosion is in my party but if he is in a box i can use him just fine. It came as a cyndaquil in a egg?
Just ignore that error message. I don't know what's causing it, but just ask to join again. If it gives you the error again, keep trying, and you should get in there after at most three or four tries (but usually, you'll encounter the error just once).

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I was thinking about restarting my Scarlet game after Home connectivity comes out since I want to try limiting myself to only having a team of 6-7 Paldean Pokémon for the main story & only use my older ones as reserves for stuff like Tera raids and higher level pokémon. Plus, since I’ve already played the game once, I kind of want to try things differently and form an even stronger bond with my team.

However, the only problem is I already used my codes to get the new outfit set for preordering the DLC & the Pokéball backpack from the recent Wi-Fi competition and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get them again if I restart my game.

Can I still be able to get them if I start a new game or will I basically lose them forever?

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I was thinking about restarting my Scarlet game after Home connectivity comes out since I want to try limiting myself to only having a team of 6-7 Paldean Pokémon for the main story & only use my older ones as reserves for stuff like Tera raids and higher level pokémon. Plus, since I’ve already played the game once, I kind of want to try things differently and form an even stronger bond with my team.

However, the only problem is I already used my codes to get the new outfit set for preordering the DLC & the Pokéball backpack from the recent Wi-Fi competition and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get them again if I restart my game.

Can I still be able to get them if I start a new game or will I basically lose them forever?
No. Those are only redeemable once. What you can do is create a new “user” on your Switch and you can start a new game that way. I currently have seven alternate Sword games.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Could you describe what it sounds like? I have trouble recalling something that sounds out of place.

Just ignore that error message. I don't know what's causing it, but just ask to join again. If it gives you the error again, keep trying, and you should get in there after at most three or four tries (but usually, you'll encounter the error just once).
I does happen a lot, is because the pokemon was still new in the raids?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Hard do describe but it's like the sound a game would make when you get an item.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I does happen a lot, is because the pokemon was still new in the raids?
No, I've seen it happen with all sorts of Tera Raid Battles, regardless of species, rank, your own Pokémon, and any other factor. I think it's more related to lag and their netcode, meaning it's all a roll of the dice.

Again, it's not a big deal. Annoying, but not a big deal, because you can just ignore the error message and try again.

Hard do describe but it's like the sound a game would make when you get an item.
That's odd, because I don't think I've heard that sound, or anything like it, in these 7-star Tera Raid Battles. I'll make a follow-up if I do encounter it.

Diclonius

Trainer
Has anyone had any issues after updating their games to 1.3? You know like any glitches or worse losing save data?

Montassar

Hello
Does anyone have an extra own tempo Rockruff ? or can breed one for me? Unfortunately I can't offer anything good in return.
My FC: SW-0067-5433-3217
I'm playing Pokémon violet
Thank you in advance

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
No. Those are only redeemable once. What you can do is create a new “user” on your Switch and you can start a new game that way. I currently have seven alternate Sword games.
Wouldn’t I have to pay for the DLC a second time though?

Also, I thought that I could at least get the new uniform set again since it seemed like it functioned the same way as the extra Galarian Slowbro you got for the SWSH DLC

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Wouldn’t I have to pay for the DLC a second time though?

Also, I thought that I could at least get the new uniform set again since it seemed like it functioned the same way as the extra Galarian Slowbro you got for the SWSH DLC
Buying the DLC unlocks it for all “profiles” on the Switch. So starting another game with your “extra” profile allows you to play the game including the DLC all over again.

Son Salo

Hello,

I dont know whether i'm at the right place but i would like some competitive help as of the last season in which the treasures of ruin + paradox are allowed.

In particular the ice type treasure of ruin pokemon tends to ruin me when it has a priority move + focus sash.

I reall am looking for a strategy to string my team together, as for now the team has done its job for me till this season cause i think its pretty balanced. Please help me with some suggestions.

I am away from home so cant check nature and ev.

My team has been:
1. Clodsire @ rocky helmet
Water absorb
- yawn
- poison jab
- EQ
- Toxic spikes

I real want to keep this one, as it gives me favorable startout positions or at least neutral most times. Also it catches rotom en palafin by surprise who wants to transform, forces out set up mons and checks meowscarada

I think it has max sp. def en hp investment.

2. Farigiraf @ light clay
Armor tail
- reflect
- psychic
- energy ball

I had this mon on the team firstly to provide for trick room as my team is slow, but in singles the trick room doesnt last long enough. Further i like reflect to bolster my tram longevity. Also, i like hitting somewhat on the special side since the rest of my team was originally physically orientates. The ev and nature was to take physical as well as special hits. And i love being unaffectes by sucker punch and ghost moves. Farigiraf has serves me well but I dont know if it is effective now for me.

3. Salamence @ choice specs
Intimidate
- flamethrower
- hydro pump
- air slash
- draco meteor

This Salamence is full of surprises with sp. attack investment and flame lthrower + hydro pump. I find hydro pump deals well with unsuspecting Garcanacle.

I initially had Ceruledge in this space but i found my team too physically orientated and Salamence gives me the fire coverage.

4. Tyranitar @ leftovers
Sand stream
- EQ
- stone edge
- ice punch
- dragon dance

EV in hp and attack. I think this speaks for itself. First uses weakness policy on it, but found out that it wasnt bulky enough to be able to take 2 super effective hits.

5. Scizor @ sitrus berry
Technician
- thief
- pounce
- bullet punch
- sword dance

Speaks for itself too. By anticipating my health going low, i can time the thief and steal the item of the opponenent. Dont know about pounce but wantes a stab + technician boostes attack. Want Scizor te be kept in.

6. Garganacle / Iron Valiant / Dodonzo
I use the sixth spot in a variety of ways.

I hate using garcanacle (but max hp + def + sp. def irritates most opponents.

Iron valiant @ life orb
Strong mixed attacker but has no longevity and pretty much never works for me and have no idea why. Gets outmatched by Flutter Mane.
- thunderbolt
- psychic
- close combat
- ????

Dodonzo @ leftovers
Unaware
- tickle
- wave crash (doesnt hit hard)
- protect
- body press (doesnt hit hard)
Very bulky, on physical side. Only i found it probably never gets me in a good matchup but is capable to stall by unaware + tickle to softwlen up my opponent for the rest of the team (if opponent doesnt switch out)

Other potential options ready in box.
- magnezone
- skeledirge
- lucario
- hydreigon
- iron juggulus
- cetitan
- ceruledge (life orb, weak armor > will o wisp; bitter blade)
- armorouge
- king gambit

Please help me with a strategy to string my team together. Move suggestions and pokemon for the team are highly appreciated.

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Hello,

I dont know whether i'm at the right place but i would like some competitive help as of the last season in which the treasures of ruin + paradox are allowed.

In particular the ice type treasure of ruin pokemon tends to ruin me when it has a priority move + focus sash.

I reall am looking for a strategy to string my team together, as for now the team has done its job for me till this season cause i think its pretty balanced. Please help me with some suggestions.

I am away from home so cant check nature and ev.

My team has been:
1. Clodsire @ rocky helmet
Water absorb
- yawn
- poison jab
- EQ
- Toxic spikes

I real want to keep this one, as it gives me favorable startout positions or at least neutral most times. Also it catches rotom en palafin by surprise who wants to transform, forces out set up mons and checks meowscarada

I think it has max sp. def en hp investment.

2. Farigiraf @ light clay
Armor tail
- reflect
- psychic
- energy ball

I had this mon on the team firstly to provide for trick room as my team is slow, but in singles the trick room doesnt last long enough. Further i like reflect to bolster my tram longevity. Also, i like hitting somewhat on the special side since the rest of my team was originally physically orientates. The ev and nature was to take physical as well as special hits. And i love being unaffectes by sucker punch and ghost moves. Farigiraf has serves me well but I dont know if it is effective now for me.

3. Salamence @ choice specs
Intimidate
- flamethrower
- hydro pump
- air slash
- draco meteor

This Salamence is full of surprises with sp. attack investment and flame lthrower + hydro pump. I find hydro pump deals well with unsuspecting Garcanacle.

I initially had Ceruledge in this space but i found my team too physically orientated and Salamence gives me the fire coverage.

4. Tyranitar @ leftovers
Sand stream
- EQ
- stone edge
- ice punch
- dragon dance

EV in hp and attack. I think this speaks for itself. First uses weakness policy on it, but found out that it wasnt bulky enough to be able to take 2 super effective hits.

5. Scizor @ sitrus berry
Technician
- thief
- pounce
- bullet punch
- sword dance

Speaks for itself too. By anticipating my health going low, i can time the thief and steal the item of the opponenent. Dont know about pounce but wantes a stab + technician boostes attack. Want Scizor te be kept in.

6. Garganacle / Iron Valiant / Dodonzo
I use the sixth spot in a variety of ways.

I hate using garcanacle (but max hp + def + sp. def irritates most opponents.

Iron valiant @ life orb
Strong mixed attacker but has no longevity and pretty much never works for me and have no idea why. Gets outmatched by Flutter Mane.
- thunderbolt
- psychic
- close combat
- ????

Dodonzo @ leftovers
Unaware
- tickle
- wave crash (doesnt hit hard)
- protect
- body press (doesnt hit hard)
Very bulky, on physical side. Only i found it probably never gets me in a good matchup but is capable to stall by unaware + tickle to softwlen up my opponent for the rest of the team (if opponent doesnt switch out)

Other potential options ready in box.
- magnezone
- skeledirge
- lucario
- hydreigon
- iron juggulus
- cetitan
- ceruledge (life orb, weak armor > will o wisp; bitter blade)
- armorouge
- king gambit

Please help me with a strategy to string my team together. Move suggestions and pokemon for the team are highly appreciated.
From what I can tell, your Scizor should be able to fight Chien-Pao one-on-one and win provided Scizor isn't already injured or knocked out by the time Chien-Pao shows up. (Based on my experiences, Chien-Pao tends to show up at the very start of a battle, so it's unlikely Scizor would have any damage since.)

That being said, what you intend to do with your team and how you'd fight Chien-Pao will depend on if you're playing single battles or double battles, and whether or not you're playing on the official games or on Pokémon Showdown, as they have different rules--I presume you're talking about Scarlet and Violet's Ranked battles, as you made mention of the Ruinous Legends becoming available to use (whereas Pokémon Showdown had them allowed since the start). It's hard for me to tell based on your team's Pokémon, moves, Abilities, and hold items whether this is a single battle team or a double battle team.

Son Salo

From what I can tell, your Scizor should be able to fight Chien-Pao one-on-one and win provided Scizor isn't already injured or knocked out by the time Chien-Pao shows up. (Based on my experiences, Chien-Pao tends to show up at the very start of a battle, so it's unlikely Scizor would have any damage since.)

That being said, what you intend to do with your team and how you'd fight Chien-Pao will depend on if you're playing single battles or double battles, and whether or not you're playing on the official games or on Pokémon Showdown, as they have different rules--I presume you're talking about Scarlet and Violet's Ranked battles, as you made mention of the Ruinous Legends becoming available to use (whereas Pokémon Showdown had them allowed since the start). It's hard for me to tell based on your team's Pokémon, moves, Abilities, and hold items whether this is a single battle team or a double battle team.
Thank you for your response!

I agree in the most neutral situation Scizor should be able to do well against Chien-Pao. However, if it has a focus sash it will just 2hko me on the second turn with the sucker punch that goes before my bullet punch.

In another scenario, Chien-Pao has life orb + its ability that ruins opponents defence + if it has dark type tera the damage will be massive and possible 1hko Scizor, let alone if it manages a swords dance. This would be so much different if bug and/or steel resisted dark type.

I'm looking for advice on single battles in the ranked battles SV official game.

ShadowForce720

Thank you for your response!

I agree in the most neutral situation Scizor should be able to do well against Chien-Pao. However, if it has a focus sash it will just 2hko me on the second turn with the sucker punch that goes before my bullet punch.

In another scenario, Chien-Pao has life orb + its ability that ruins opponents defence + if it has dark type tera the damage will be massive and possible 1hko Scizor, let alone if it manages a swords dance. This would be so much different if bug and/or steel resisted dark type.

I'm looking for advice on single battles in the ranked battles SV official game.
In regards to the first scenario I can think of two ways around the 2hko with Sucker Punch on the 2nd turn if the Chien-Pao has only 1 hp left and here is how it breaks down:

1: Use Sandstorm when the Chien-Pai goes to knock you out with Sucker Punch as this will cause Sucker Punch to fail since your not using an attacking move and the Sandstorm will deal damage to the Chien-Pao which will easily knock it out if it only has 1hp left also it will give your Scizor a boost in its special defense.

2. Use Substitute when the Chien-Pai goes to knock you out with Sucker Punch as this will cause Sucker Punch to fail since your not using an attacking move and this will allow you to attack on the next turn safety as it will have to go through your substitute first, of course your Scizor will need to have enough health to create the Substitute.

As for your 2nd scenario if you just need to have your Scizor resist Dark type moves and don’t mind using up your Terastalization then you could Terrastalize your Scizor into a Dark, Fairy, or Fighting type since those types resist Dark.

Of course you could give your Scizor a Clear Amulet which might protect Scizor from Chien-Pao’s ability. I don’t know if that would be enough to survive that scenario though.

Son Salo

In regards to the first scenario I can think of two ways around the 2hko with Sucker Punch on the 2nd turn if the Chien-Pao has only 1 hp left and here is how it breaks down:

1: Use Sandstorm when the Chien-Pai goes to knock you out with Sucker Punch as this will cause Sucker Punch to fail since your not using an attacking move and the Sandstorm will deal damage to the Chien-Pao which will easily knock it out if it only has 1hp left also it will give your Scizor a boost in its special defense.

2. Use Substitute when the Chien-Pai goes to knock you out with Sucker Punch as this will cause Sucker Punch to fail since your not using an attacking move and this will allow you to attack on the next turn safety as it will have to go through your substitute first, of course your Scizor will need to have enough health to create the Substitute.

As for your 2nd scenario if you just need to have your Scizor resist Dark type moves and don’t mind using up your Terastalization then you could Terrastalize your Scizor into a Dark, Fairy, or Fighting type since those types resist Dark.

Of course you could give your Scizor a Clear Amulet which might protect Scizor from Chien-Pao’s ability. I don’t know if that would be enough to survive that scenario though.
Thanks, i like the moveset i have for scizoe at the moment but i might try substitute instead of thief to deal with Chien-Pao

Furthermore, do you have suggestions to make my team overall more coherent and reliable?