• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet/Violet - Recent Happenings Thread

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Finally made it to Levencia yesterday and took on Iono. I already loved her character from the promo trailers & her gym challenge didn’t disappoint. Plus, while I’ve had tougher matched, her gym battle was challenging & a lot of fun. My Charcadet hung on at the last minute to beat her Wattrel, my Mankey came in clutch to beat Bellibolt, Gholdengo struggled but ultimately beat Luxio, & my Quaxly finished off Mismagius with Fire type Tera Blast & evolved into Quaxwell. I’m now planning on taking some time away from the story tobond with my pokémon a little more and gain more Tera shards from three star raids before taking on the next boss.

Main Team:
  • Pacheco (Quaxwell), lv. 24
  • Dolores (Tinkatuff), lv. 27
  • Carlos (Espathra), lv. 43
  • Taborda (Mankey), lv. 24
  • Laia (Charcadet), lv. 24

Reserves:
  • Arturo (shiny Nymble), lv. 23
  • Adrián & Sara (Tandemaus), lv. 23
  • Tiago (Gholdengo), lv. 24

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Suffered through some online play issues to get to 6 and 7 star Raids, and I managed to get my Charizard tonight.

I just need to get one more Paradox Pokemon, and after that, I'll probably be taking a break from Violet until the next special Raid den event pops up that interests me. The online tera raids are frustrating. Either GF needs to put in better error messages besides "communication failed", or they need to scale their online services.

CiciStormy

Living Rotomdex
Current progress:

(Scarlet) I just completed Starfall Street and am standing outside of the Pokemon League. Team is:
  • Level 75 Meowscarada
  • Level 75 Azumarill
  • Level 75 Gholdengo
  • Level 75 Charizard (bred from a Charmander I got in a Surprise Trade, stupidly used it when I knew Clive had a Skeledirge and used Sunny Day so my Azumarill was nerfed :( )
  • Level 75 Great Tusk(the former Titan)
  • Level 75 Espeon(which I caught outside of Ortega's base to fill in a void as I didn't want to use Tinkaton)
(Violet) My character just cleared her third gym after ending up on Youtube(LOLZ #IloveIono) despite Krookodile getting confused and thus negating Moxie as I was forced to switch. The teams are basically three Mons I use in all three teams and three Mons I switch out. I spent a lot of time in three-star raids and what not:

Star Bases done: Dark Star
Titans defeated: Stony Cliff, Open Sky(which is how I ended up catching a lot of stuff including a Level 65 Tera Dragon Elektroos - I had a Level 80 Gallade for catching stuff :p)
Gyms cleared: Bug, Grass, Electric

Team:
  • Level 43 Zangoose
  • Level 40 Gardevoir
  • Level 40 Killowattrel
Mons for Gym Fights
  • Level 40 Skeledirge
  • Level 40 Krookodile
  • Level 40 Toxicroak
Mons for Titan Fights
  • Level 40 Meowscarada
  • Level 40 Tinkaton
  • Level 40 shiny Cerluedge
Mons for Team Star Fights
  • Level 40 Quaquaval
  • Level 40 Clodsire
  • Level 40 Charizard
Both of my games have around 350 Pokemon out of 400. I know that the last 12 are unavailable until I enter Area Zero so I am just trying to trade between them to get them as complete as possible. ;)

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Did not have to use too much Poke Balls when catching Chi-Yu thanks to a lucky crit capture when I was tossing Dusk Balls. Almost finished the Gym Leader rematches with just the Psychic Gym left. Was also able to snag the Rotom Catalogue from the Port Marinada auctions, glad I did not have to bid too much money to beat my opponents.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
In Violet, I caught at least one of all of the Paradox Pokémon except Iron Thorns and Iron Valiant which neither seem to want to make an appearance for me.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
In Violet, I caught at least one of all of the Paradox Pokémon except Iron Thorns and Iron Valiant which neither seem to want to make an appearance for me.
I ran into this problem with the Paradox Pokemon in Scarlet. Iron Valiant only appears in one cave behind some boulders near Research Station 3. If Iron Thorns is anything like its counterpart Sandy Shocks, it could be a very very rare spawn, but the best place to look would be near the cliff you slide down to get to Research Station 2.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I ran into this problem with the Paradox Pokemon in Scarlet. Iron Valiant only appears in one cave behind some boulders near Research Station 3. If Iron Thorns is anything like its counterpart Sandy Shocks, it could be a very very rare spawn, but the best place to look would be near the cliff you slide down to get to Research Station 2.
That explains it. I was looking for them in both the crystal cave area and the cave where Iron Jugulis is found.

CiciStormy

Living Rotomdex
With Christmas on the horizeon I finally put down everything except Pokemon Scarlet just to get to the end credits. Completed the Elite 4 during my exercise session at the local gym(the guy who makes me exercise is a great friend of mine who got Pokemon Violet for his birthday and is REALLY enjoying it because it's kid-safe and he has to live with the little happy accident he had with his current girlfriend, who is now three years old; he's way ahead of me :p) and did not touch any more games until I cleared the Way Home quest.

To be honest, this part was the worst part of the game, having to walk on your own two feet all the way to each research station. Most of the Pokemon in this area are faster than you and I got forced into battle with wilds several times, including a Golduck which trapped me against a waterfall. UGH. :(

Final battle was hectic, I was unsure what to do until I saw the highlight in my Pokemon menu. To be fair, the final mirror match was pretty intense. But anyways, now in the Scarlet post-game and have unlocked five-star raids. I have to go back to Area Zero to catch the rest of the ancient Pokemon. (I managed to encounter and catch Flutter Mane and Scream Tail during the final quest at the home stretch. I was lucky two of my Gholdengo's Thunderbolts were enough to bring them to critical HP without knocking them out.) I have to package a lot of Pokemon for my aforementioned friend's Christmas presents, including a Charmander egg and a Level 75 Ice-Tera Lucario I managed to run into and caught in Violet to trade over because I didn't evolve a Riolu. (Said friend caught the Level 65 Terastalized Raichu out in the islets and managed to run it through the entire game along with an Arcanine, though he is swapping that for Flareon. Sadly, he had a Level 100 Gyarados to run the Mightiest Charizard raid... but it never showed up - I think he hasn't unlocked 6-stars yet, and I don't want to ruin his Christmas by saying that he has to complete the Ace Academy tournament once to get those. I think I'll call him up soon and tell him so I can soothe his pain with traded Pokemon.)

Final Scarlet Team:
  • Meowscarada: Flower Trick, Night Slash, Play Rough, U-Turn
  • Gholdengo: Shadow Ball, Make it Rain, Thunderbolt, Nasty Plot
  • Charizard: Flamethrower, Air Slash, Sunny Day, Solar Beam(this moveset needs to swap the last two moves because they stink)
  • Azumarill: Liquidation, Play Rough, Ice Spinner, Bulldoze (Need to get rid of Bulldoze, Liquidation does more to Electric types)
  • Espeon: Psychic, Power Gem, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind
  • Great Tusk: Brick Break, Earthquake, Play Rough, Iron Head (This guy is a beast, he managed to destroy most of the Elite 4 :D)
MVP: Azumarill, which managed to sweep Hassel and one-shot Sada's Roaring Moon with a crit Play Rough. I can see why people love this.

On my main Violet file I am still going forward. Since we last spoke, I defeated Mela, the giant worm(so now Miraidon can jump to higher areas), Kofu(using a trick for the auction that some speedrunners used to get the best profit from the auction), Atticus(who KO'd my Gardevoir because she still only had Psybeam because I had move learning turned off and missed Psychic ;_;) and recently the Medali Gym(getting ambushed by that b**** Nemona after the battle, thank goodness Geeta healed my team). So now I am training another two days of reality to get the teams to Level 70 minimum as the last eight challenges(three gyms and two of the other items) are NO JOKE. The last two challenges are the remaining Team Star bases as they have Pokemon no weaker than LEVEL 50. O_O

*TEAM STAR BASES CLEARED*: Dark, Fire, Poison
*TITANS FELLED*: Rock, Flying, Steel
*GYMS CLEARED*: Bug, Grass, Electric, Water, Normal

I posted the Pokemon I use in the last post, only some moveset changes(namely turning move option relearning turned back on so I can be notified on new moves and replacing Psybeam and Dazzling Gleam for Psychic and Moonblast, replacing Crush Claw - a bad move - with Slash on Zangoose and replacing X-Scissor with Night Slash since I'm going up against a ghost gym soon) and returning to my job as Chansey murderer now that I got the Lucky Egg. XD

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Cleared the last of the Gym rematches and with the completion of the first Ace Academy tournament I have officially completed the post-game story line. The rest of my time is going to devoted completing the Pokedex (at least the ones that do not need trading) and training up Pokemon I intend to use for Raid farming. The walking ones may be mildly annoying to deal with however, the things we would do for an in-game pedometer of some sort.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Cleared the last of the Gym rematches and with the completion of the first Ace Academy tournament I have officially completed the post-game story line. The rest of my time is going to devoted completing the Pokedex (at least the ones that do not need trading) and training up Pokemon I intend to use for Raid farming. The walking ones may be mildly annoying to deal with however, the things we would do for an in-game pedometer of some sort.
I agree with the pedometer. I need it for Bramblin in Violet (seriously spent three hours walking with it and it still won’t evolve) and Rellor In Scarlet (same situation).

Copley Hill Gym

So I have been on a real push for doubles online ranked battles.

And - finally - I am winning matches!

Yesterday I won ten in a row - a first for me - to achieve Master Ball Rank, for which I am ecstatic. I have never got to this sort of level before.

My team really do mop up the opposition at the minute. Special mentions to Sylveon and Annilihape. They've been astonishingly good, particularly where Annilihape basically uses Final Gambit as a way of clearing out big hitters like Garchomp or Dodonzo. I reinstated a staple in all my teams - Jolteon - and his standard choice specs set (married with shadow ball and ghost tera type) is catching people off guard.

I'm thinking of swapping Armarouge for Ceruledge, purely based on the typing, but the latter is doing well with assault vest and weak armor combo.

Baxcalibur, Ice tera, with ice shard, is proving supremely useful and I am toying with a dragon dance set.

Finally, Palafin. What can I say about Palafin? Jet punch combined with water tera type has proven astonishingly spammable.

Overall, just loving the team.

Jolteon
Sylveon
Armarouge
Annilihape
Palafin
Baxcalibur

I started somewhat late (more of a casual player), and I am currently about to fight the last two Team Star members. I have yet to fill the dex, but tbh I can not wait to get into Area Zero. I haven't looked up spoilers at all, so I am very intrigued. I have also had somewhat of a meh team battling the 8 gym leaders,
Skeleridge
Corvi
Gyarados
Kilowattrel
Dachsbun

Arbolivia

so before taking on the Pokemon League I want to switch out Kilowattrel and Dachsbun. I would like to switch Dachsbun for Tinkaton. Bye bye, Dachsbun. Does anyone have a recommendation for Kilowattrel? I don't like the design of both of these Pokemon TT.

CiciStormy

Living Rotomdex
Well good luck on that. I used my trash Violet file(it was a challenge based on Cynthia's team) to get access to the Violet Paradoxes and Miraidon so I could fill up the Scarlet Pokedex. I just have three more Pokemon to go - I caught Chi Yu a long time ago and now need to get the other Ruin Pokemon to complete the Pokedex. Then I will probably just retire Scarlet and spend time shiny hunting. :)

Lorphiiforme

Manta ray enthusiast

Some of my travels over the past week have been really active chansey training. I destroyed these things just for XP. I was training for le Elite four when I was gonna make 4 teams up to level 66 for each member and select 6 from the 24 pokemon for the champion but ended up being too attached that I only made 2 teams and mashed them up. Special thanks to my Lucario and Chi-yu, and a honor to Chein-pao and Meowscarada. I also caught my first shiny, a Shiny chansey. Now i’m rematching gym leaders at level 70-75 pokemon and easily sweeping their level 60-65 pokemon. Also TURO’S theme was a banger. Thee end.

Also for Blaziken, you can swap Kilowattrel for another electric type, or get a strong pokemon such as Chi-yu or Ribbon version eevee evolution. I’m not an expert though.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I traded my friend a Haunter to get a Gengar and gave him a Scyther slapped with a Metal Coat. Trying to do the co play with him during his last Team Star base and see if thats even possible

Ryker101

Played more after ages, cleared one more of each section. I wish this game had level scaling, cause I went into the dark base and water gym and was fairly overleveled for them. Stuff like that you just miss and it’s kinda annoying having to figure out the optimal order so you don’t break the game balance. But I was using my b-squad so ig it wasn’t too bad. I also might’ve ended up in the last gym town by accident, but who knows. Being underlevelled is kinda fun. Also I previewed Spirgatio’s final form in a raid and not a fan at all. What did they do it? I think I know Quaxly’s too and not a fan of that either. Also I don’t think Pawmo evolves, which is a bummer cause I don’t like it and it seems like a middle stage evo to me. I did get what I presume is the psuedo legend, the second evo is cool (literally lol). So keen for that one. Overall the game is fun but can feel like a checklist at times, but let’s see how the final stretch plays out

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Just annihilated the E4, Geeta, and Nemona using the Japanese Moxie Salamanca that I had gotten from a Surprise Trade. Dragonite, Garnacl, and Garchomp all helped out with the E4 and Annihilape helped with Nemona. Salamence was at lv 75 when I got it and I couldn’t use it until after I finished the Gym Badges.

CiciStormy

Living Rotomdex
I did a few 5-star raids but got bodied by them when I tried to do it alone. The AI partners are no good, I had to do them with other players. Won three 5-star raids and got some Spicy Herba Mystica but I am going to spend my time and XP candies to build a raid killer Mon to deal with these five-star raids. Gholdengo is great for Gothitelle as it spams Thunder Wave but all in all, I think I need to get a better Level 100 Mon than my catcher Breloom. :(

I traded over some exclusives and a Charmander I bred and changed to Tera Dragon type to my friend, who missed the 7-star raids due to not having unlocked the 6-star raids or using Pokemon News. I have to warn him to use Mystery Gift to get the News for Paldea. He liked my Christmas gifts. I've hatched a ton of Charmanders so I'll be trading them and some rejects via Surprise Trade on Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas everyone. ;)