• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet/Violet - Recent Happenings Thread

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Got my first massbreak shiny: Noivern

Not usually into shinies, but this one is pretty cool.

The 4th shiny I got in the game, others being Dugtrio, Bronzor and Numel… of the three, Bronzor is the only one I could spot, the others I only noticed were shiny once they battle started.
Wish they gave some visual effect to shinies on the overworld, only god know how many I might have missed…

Got my first massbreak shiny: Noivern

Not usually into shinies, but this one is pretty cool.

The 4th shiny I got in the game, others being Dugtrio, Bronzor and Numel… of the three, Bronzor is the only one I could spot, the others I only noticed were shiny once they battle started.
Wish they gave some visual effect to shinies on the overworld, only god know how many I might have missed…
Agree. I've gotten 4 shinies as well. All through random encounters. Tarountula was the only one I noticed straight away. I would probably have passed by the Wingull if it wasn't the first Wingull I saw in the game and I wanted to catch one anyway. As for Buizel and especially Golduck, I was not 100% sure if they were actually shiny before I approached them in combat.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Doing the daily Cinderace raid (gonna farm those before the rerun this weekend) and managed to get an ability patch!

Another one to the collection. I think I have enough for DLC team but... No harm try farming even more lol

Copley Hill Gym

I said I wasn't going to do it again, but I cajoled myself into catching them all again on Pokemon Violet having done it on Scarlet. Can I do it before the Pokemon Home link opens up? We will see... I reckon I can do it in a week if I put my mind to it.

So that would mean catching 898 individual Pokémon for my living dexes for both, as I won't have duplicates of Koraidon or Miraidon but I will for everything else. Effectively I'd have caught 399 on one and 399 on the other!

zolios

After not playing for about 3 weeks (wasn't home during the holidays so didn't have access to my Switch) I started playing again a few days ago and I managed to do a lot since then.

First I trained up a Slowbro to solo the Cinderace event that's coming up this weekend since I missed the first event. Actually I used this opportunity to train up a few more new Pokemon for raids at the same time so besides Slowbro, I now also have Iron Moth, Miraidon, Annihilape and Garchomp ready for raid battles. I then did a few 6 star raids and won most of them, other people are still the biggest challenge to overcome in raids (don't show off your shinies in raids and use the best/fully trained Pokemon please).

I also trained up a few new Pokemon for Battle Stadium Singles since I only had 6 BR Pokemon until that point and they weren't working that well together. I added a fully BR Gholdengo, Hydreigon, Maushold and Salamence so now I have 10 BR Pokemon that I can mix and match to make a few nice teams for online battles. I also did a few battles with the new teams and did well but there is still room to improve, 6 wins and 3 losses. I need to train up some defensive Pokemon in the future, I have a nice Clodsire already that I need to train up but I'm also hoping to find a Grass tera Garganacl in a 6* raid soon.

Last but not least, I also made a steel type super sandwich and caugh one of my favorite new Gen 9 shinies, the beautiful blue Orthworm.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Caught a level 51 Dratini near Casseroya lake. Not lookin forward to the Applin requirements the ammount of trees is annoying and having to tackle them is stupid

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Beat the Cinderace Raid using Slowbro which I caught in a Fast Ball. Got lucky with the game rolling two Intimidate users when I attempted the raid, not sure whether the crit I scored mattered after setting up two Iron Defenses and three Nasty Plots (and an attacking boost cheer) before unleashing Stored Power (my Slowbro was holding a Twisted Spoon). In the mean time I will be farming it to hopefully get Ability Patches and training up an Iron Moth as an alternative anti-Fairy Pokemon if the type match up is unfavourable for Goldengo.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
How do you even find those raids like Cinderace in Gen 9?
The special 7-star Raids along with 6-star Raids are post-game content. Once you completed the post-game storyline you should get a call from your home room teacher, hosting about 10 raids of at least 4-star rank (only raids hosted after the call counts) unlocks the ability for you to do them (after getting another call) within your game. But as long you never go online (including redeeming Mystery Gifts) after updating the Poke Portal News data for the Cinderace Raid will remain in your game.

zolios

I just beat the Cinderace raid solo on my first try, I used my Slowbro that I trained up a couple of days ago. I caught the Cinderace in a Luxury Ball since I missed the original event from a couple of weeks ago. I also went online to farm Cinderace drops but only won 3 out of 8 times since randoms kept bringing weird Pokemon for no reason and fainting all the time, this made me give up on farming Cinderace for the day. I also won a few of Gyarados and Gengar raids and caught those with interesting tera types just in case I want to train one of them up in the future for competitive battles.

Ryker101

Evolved Bisharp into Kingambit yesterday, worth it but defs wouldn’t have known without looking it up. Didn’t even know it existed until I saw Geeta’s lol

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I just beat the Cinderace raid solo on my first try, I used my Slowbro that I trained up a couple of days ago. I caught the Cinderace in a Luxury Ball since I missed the original event from a couple of weeks ago. I also went online to farm Cinderace drops but only won 3 out of 8 times since randoms kept bringing weird Pokemon for no reason and fainting all the time, this made me give up on farming Cinderace for the day. I also won a few of Gyarados and Gengar raids and caught those with interesting tera types just in case I want to train one of them up in the future for competitive battles.
Yeah, quit farming after getting matched with bad randoms.

One was using Sandstorm Garchomp for crying out loud.

ebevan91

Yeah, quit farming after getting matched with bad randoms.

One was using Sandstorm Garchomp for crying out loud.

I had some guy a couple days ago bring his own Cinderace to a Cinderace raid. We lost badly.

Luthor

Managed to find my 4th shiny of Violet. A surprisingly well camouflaged Skiploom. If you're wondering how Skiploom a pink plant in its shiny form could be well camouflaged it was surrounded by non-shiny Hoppip which has fairly similar colours to a shiny Skiploom. So that was fun.

Copley Hill Gym

Managed to find my 4th shiny of Violet. A surprisingly well camouflaged Skiploom. If you're wondering how Skiploom a pink plant in its shiny form could be well camouflaged it was surrounded by non-shiny Hoppip which has fairly similar colours to a shiny Skiploom. So that was fun.

Snap!

(Pokémon Snap? lol)

I have also caught a pink Skiploom...but before that I caught an all over green shiny Hoppip! Also quite camouflaged in a group of pink Hoppip as I initially thought it was a Skiploom...!

I am on the lookout for a shiny Jumpluff now to complete the set, just for fun.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Currently training most of my pokémon to level 40 since I beat all of the bosses up until the Montevera Gym (plus I beat the Dragon Titan early to get the rock climbing skill).

I traded back my shiny Squawkabilly after seeing how useful it is as a pivot sweeper (I tested it out in Showdown & it’s great in full battles) and I evolved my Charcadet into an Armarouge after EV training its Special Attack & Speed. I’ve also been doing the second half of the classes & I’m loving all of the teachers so far. They’re honestly some of the best characters in the game & feel the most fleshed out aside from the main cast.

I just beat Iono a few days ago and got my seventh badge. I had a few pokémon I’ve been keeping around her level so I didn’t sweep her team.

I also temporarily traded my Espathra from Scarlet so I could do the Cinderace event. I managed to catch a second one and snagged a few useful items!

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Managed to lucky a 6-stars Dusk Lycanroc raid. Managed to solo it with the Slowbro set I was using for Cinderace. The best part was getting an Ability Patch out of it
I had some guy a couple days ago bring his own Cinderace to a Cinderace raid. We lost badly.
Yeah, had experienced one where they brought a Cinderace too

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Recently was able to obtain the remaining Herba Mysticas (Spicy and Salty) that I needed to get all the Master recipes from the sandwich shop guy. Slowbro has been doing good work for me beating some 6-star Raids (for a Slowking raid I briefly swapped out Iron Defense for Amnesia) but have not gotten any Ability Patches other than the first time reward from Cinderace. Also have a Gallade and Kingambit ready for Greninja until we know its moveset.

Luthor

Managed to get a family of 3 Maushold from a tera-raid so that saves me from having to evolve one already having a family of 4. Also managed to register a few Pokemon I had slightly overlooked.