• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet/Violet - Recent Happenings Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Lucked out and was able to rent a copy of Violet. Went with Fuecoco. Been item gathering, catching Pokemon and training. Got the event Pikachu.

Was able to buy a copy of the game, so I'm able to continue my adventure.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Lucked out and was able to rent a copy of Violet. Went with Fuecoco. Been item gathering, catching Pokemon and training. Got the event Pikachu.

Was able to buy a copy of the game, so I'm able to continue my adventure.
Fuecoco is great. Just wait until you reach Skeledirge. He's slow but Torch Song signature move is a free stat boost everytime.
-
If you don't remember the gyms, don't go after Kofu's water gym as third. His gym is level 30's (compared to Iono's level 25) and the desert nearby has a lot of level 35-40 making it difficult to train.

Finally obtained Gholdengo, so I'm gonna shoot my shot with Iron Leaves again. Hopefully this one's a winner.

EDIT: Ended up catching Iron Leaves by spamming Clear Smog with my Ceruledge. lol

I've fought that thing over 40+ times with many ideas but Iron Leaves it is just so strong...one-shotting most of my creatures including Skeledirge and a level 79 Mimikyu with ghost moves.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Fuecoco is great. Just wait until you reach Skeledirge. He's slow but Torch Song signature move is a free stat boost everytime.
-
If you don't remember the gyms, don't go after Kofu's water gym as third. His gym is level 30's (compared to Iono's level 25) and the desert nearby has a lot of level 35-40 making it difficult to train.

I've fought that thing over 40+ times with many ideas but Iron Leaves it is just so strong...one-shotting most of my creatures including Skeledirge and a level 79 Mimikyu with ghost moves.

Thanks for the heads up.

My library just got Scarlet in, so gonna pick it up tomorrow. Going with Sprigtito for that one.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..

Gholdengo. Nasty Plot 3x, then Shadow Balls. Hex is best on the second shot if you want to soft-reset until you get Drifblim as a partner w/ Will-o-Wisp or another status hits Iron Leaves, which will put Iron Leaves super low on health before the barrier/stat erase/stat recovery. By turn 7 or 8 you should be able to Tera (Ghost is innate) and KO. Don’t be afraid to use Bottle Caps, Modest Mint, or Exp. Cubes. Gholdengo cannot breed and the other items are there to be used, so there’s no shame. Make it lvl. 100 if you have to. Moveset should be NP, Shadow Ball, Recover, Hex/Filler. You can use Spell Tag, Sitrus Berry, but I prefer Razor Claw in Raids because crits ignore their buffs/your debuffs.

Lokix is another option, but it’s more of a gamble due to Megahorn. Swords Dance, Lunge, Leech Life, Assurance/Filler with a Bug-Tera does the trick. Swarm is actually preferred because it activates a lot before you drain enough HP back with Leech Life. Obviously Silver Powder or Sitrus for Lokix. Kingambit is a third option, but he doesn’t get the healing with Leech Life or the attack drops with Lunge.

Whatever you do, don’t get stuck with Arboliva because she makes Leaf Blade stronger and ties up the timer with recovery from Grassy Terrain. (Something else Game Freak should have addressed with the updates.) For the same reason, don’t use Leftovers! The animations just eat the clock up.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

I do wish i could use Gholdengo but those coins are also stupidly rare only 181 coins so far.

I've tested a lot of pokemon. Even the supposed biggest Dark types that would be immune to psyblade, aren't safe when Iron Leaves has Megahorn too. It even resists Fire moves when it should normally be 4x weak to fire, otherwise skeledirge could easily use torch song boosts a lot.

Skeledirge lvl 77......Sadly it gets one-shotted by psyblade before he can get a shadow ball off or inmediately gets targeted and one-shotted after he gets revived Iron leaves just loves to want to punish those being revived

Iron Jugulis lvl 65
Revavroom lvl 75
Arcanine lvl 75
Volcarona lvl 65
Iron Thorns lvl 65
Toxtricity lvl 75
Eelektross lvl 75
Cinderace lvl 65
Dragapult lvl 60
Scizor lvl 76

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

I do wish i could use Gholdengo but those coins are also stupidly rare only 181 coins so far.

I've tested a lot of pokemon. Even the supposed biggest Dark types that would be immune to psyblade, aren't safe when Iron Leaves has Megahorn too. It even resists Fire moves when it should normally be 4x weak to fire, otherwise skeledirge could easily use torch song boosts a lot.

Skeledirge lvl 77......Sadly it gets one-shotted by psyblade before he can get a shadow ball off or inmediately gets targeted and one-shotted after he gets revived Iron leaves just loves to want to punish those being revived

Iron Jugulis lvl 65
Revavroom lvl 75
Arcanine lvl 75
Volcarona lvl 65
Iron Thorns lvl 65
Toxtricity lvl 75
Eelektross lvl 75
Cinderace lvl 65
Dragapult lvl 60
Scizor lvl 76
I think your misunderstanding something here, Iron Leaves is a Grass/Psychic not a Grass/Bug type, so even when it is not Terrastalized it is not 4x weak to Fire type moves.

When it’s not Terrastalized it’s weak to Fire, Ice, Flying, Ghost, Dark, Poison, and quad weak to Bug.

In the 5 star raid it appears in it is already Terrastalized which makes it a pure Psychic type which means it’s weak to Dark, Ghost, and Bug type moves.

Honestly out of all the Pokémon you mentioned that you already have Scizor probably be one of the better ones to use against Iron Leaves since it resist all of Iron Leaves moves.

Pokefan_1987

I think your misunderstanding something here, Iron Leaves is a Grass/Psychic not a Grass/Bug type, so even when it is not Terrastalized it is not 4x weak to Fire type moves.

When it’s not Terrastalized it’s weak to Fire, Ice, Flying, Ghost, Dark, Poison, and quad weak to Bug.

In the 5 star raid it appears in it is already Terrastalized which makes it a pure Psychic type which means it’s weak to Dark, Ghost, and Bug type moves.

Honestly out of all the Pokémon you mentioned that you already have Scizor probably be one of the better ones to use against Iron Leaves since it resist all of Iron Leaves moves.
I'm planning on finding Kingambit or Gholdengo raid. I saw a Kingambit raid earlier but pressed random

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
My library just got Scarlet in, so gonna pick it up tomorrow. Going with Sprigtito for that one.
What do you mean by, "your library?" Like the actual library with books? Your library lets you check out video games?? I'm going to write to my alderman. Keep your crummy museum pass, Chicago Public Library, I want Pokemon! (fr though, the museum passes are actually awesome)

Okay, back to the topic of the thread:
I'm hunting down, evolving, and breeding the remaining mons for my living dex, and deciding what mon I want to use for the next 7-star raid. I do have Miraidon all ready to go, but I think most people are going to have Miraidon so I'm thinking of bringing a support mon. Dicideueye doesn't particularly look scary, but every raid boss has its tricks.

Pokefan_1987

Sorry for the double post. Gholdengo doesn't appear in raids. You can only get it by evolving gimmighoul with the coins.
Too bad

On a new note, i finally got a dusk form lycanroc

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

I've used Scizor and it's a quite good, specially when you have proper support (debuff attack and healing)

There was even this one raid where +6 Scizor one shot it with X-scissor

Pokefan_1987

Just caught a Kingambit in a raid. Now i don't have to randomly hope that i find the right Bisharp groups.

He's really strong, he just defeated a Psychic Terastal Slaking easily.

Last edited:

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Finally caught a shiny Cetoddle. Female, Jolly, XXL, impetuous and silly, even has the Snowfarer Mark. She’s a bigun’. She came with Thick Fat, but I’m going to change that. She’s already portly enough just like your mom. Going to need Hyper Training too, but she’s already EVed and turned into Cetitan. To get her, I used a Klawf Noodle Sandwich with the following:

- Klawf Stick (3 pieces)
- Noodles
- Wasabi
- Bitter Herba Mystica
- Spicy Herba Mystica

Which gets you Sparkling Power: Ice, Title Power: Ice, Humungo Power: Ice. All lvl. 3. I found roughly 7 shiny Snover, 6 Bergmites, 2 Snorunts, 2 Cubchoos, and even a shiny Greavard over the course of four days on/off. Kept only a few of those though. Fact is, shiny power sandwiches give you loads of shinies, so you can be a little choosy.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Got around to playing some more Scarlet, mainly following the recommended pathway based on boss levels, and I'm now up to the first Team Star base! This means I've taken on Titans Klawf and Bombirdier, and battled against Brassius in Artazon. Along the way I caught some new Pokemon including Tabulb, Flittle, Capsakid, Wattrel, Squawkabilly and... a shiny Mudbray! I knew finding shinies was cracked in this game but I didn't expect one so soon? Pity it wasn't a new Paldean Pokemon else I may have slotted it onto the team. Pawmi and Wooper also evolved along the way - they were and honestly still are my weakest links which is unfortunate, but it's cool to see them grown a bit! Now Chonker is actually a chonker.

The most annoying part about the Titans is how you can easily just drop in and find them and then don't have a chance to set up your team for the fight? With Klawf I had Wooper in at half health whilst with Bombirdier I had to fight it both times with Maschiff at the front of the party. They were both reasonable challenges even with me being over-levelled a smidge, but Wooper was able to overcome Klawf the first time with Mud Shot spam before using Acid Spray in the second battle to help Arven's Shellder claim victory whilst Tinkatink managed to barely keep itself alive with Draining Kiss (and a Potion) against Bombirdier to win both matches.

Brassius wasn't too much of a challenge - Wooper was the wrong choice versus Petilil so Crocalor one-shot it with Incinerate. Wooper did much better versus Smoliv and 2HKOed with Poison Tail before Crocalor returned to Tera and smack Sudowoodo with some Incinerates again.

The real challenge though? That lady with the Oinkalogne and Luxio on the way to the Segin Squad base. Play Rough + Zen Headbutt annihilates my team it turns out, and then the Luxio had Psychic Fangs too to seal the deal. All 6 team members got involved and all 6 were bruised or KOed afterwards. Crazy strong challenge!

Scarlet Team:
910.png

Rockodile the Crocalor, Level 23
Ember, Bite, Round, Incinerate
922.png

Beans the Pawmo, Level 22
Bite, Low Kick, Nuzzle, Dig
980.png

Chonker the Clodsire, Level 22
Poison Tail, Mud Shot, Acid Spray, Toxic Spikes
971.png

Zero the Greavard, Level 23
Bite, Lick, Dig, Headbutt
942.png

The Don the Maschiff, Level 23
Snarl, Bite, Headbutt, Hone Claws
957.png

Menace the Tinkatink, Level 23
Flash Cannon, Draining Kiss, Pounce, Rock Smash

Like I said before, Clodsire and Pawmo are my weakest links which is a shame because I do really like them! I am hoping they improve further down the line, maybe with some TM usage when I find the necessary items (and the moves I want). Tinkatink befits her name because her typing is incredible and STAB Flash Cannon + Draining Kiss this early is kind-of insane? Crocalor is reliable but levels really quickly so isn't being used too much, Maschiff is surprisingly tanky and hits hard and Greavard is just a fantastic Pokemon to have on the team, so glad I found someone to breed me one earlier! Funnily enough I could've gotten a Ground Tera one before Bombirdier so it would've been an early inclusion anyway...

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Spoiler warnings, I suppose.

I went back to that place where it all ended, and looking back, where I suppose many things also began. I looked up at the heart of the time machine, at the now defunct portal at the top of the pedestal. I remember the computer program now dwelling in the future of Paldea, and wished earnestly that my fervent message can reach somehow.

"Can you please tell whoever made these future beasties to make them in something else than chrome?"

I pat Miraidon and take the long trek back to the surface. I'm going to need to look at something blue for a really long time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just finished shiny hunting all the Violet paradoxes, and good grief many of them were a pain to find. Iron Moth and Iron Treads in particular have a scheming so hard you really have to strain your eyes to see where the metallic parts are.

And also Iron Bundle: you'd think an all chrome Christmas bird will be easier to spot compared to the all red one, but the lighting in that cave and with how small they are made me really squint to made sure.

Shiny hunting is definitely easier with the mechanics this time around, but at least with these particular examples, they are a literal, physical, strain to find.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Holy cow! I found my first shiny in SV. Scarlet version. A shiny Rookiedee. Caught it and named him KingArthur. Hoping that they add in Home compatibility asap, so I can move him over to Violet.

Was in the middle of heading into a town when I spotted him. They need to add sound back in. Could have missed him easily.

Last edited:

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
They need to add sound back in. Could have missed him easily.
The sound is desperately needed back. I was hunting shiny Tauros last month and didn’t realize that the shiny is a different shade of black than that of the original Paldean form. If the shiny water buffalo didn’t charge me and start a battle I would have completely missed it.

Makes me wonder how many shiny spawns we have all missed because we had no idea that they had even spawned.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
The sound is desperately needed back. I was hunting shiny Tauros last month and didn’t realize that the shiny is a different shade of black than that of the original Paldean form. If the shiny water buffalo didn’t charge me and start a battle I would have completely missed it.

Makes me wonder how many shiny spawns we have all missed because we had no idea that they had even spawned.

Definitely. Exactly. It's just a good audio cue, to help spot it. Since some, like you mentioned, blend in too well.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Was in the middle of heading into a town when I spotted him. They need to add sound back in. Could have missed him easily.

And the sparkling stars from Arceus while they're at it. Some of these are really hard to spot, and the lighting and shadows aren't helping.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I finally caught three of the four Treasures of Ruin: Wo-Chien, Chien Pao and Ting-Lu. The latter two I managed to catch in he same day, due to
the History professor disclosing their locations after completing her class