• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet/Violet - Recent Happenings Thread

Copley Hill Gym

Frigibax is my nightmare. Been shiny hunting for months. I just can’t spot the shiny ones on screen. Have to say I think Game Freak really screwed us all over with the shiny palettes in this Gen for some of them.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Frigibax is my nightmare. Been shiny hunting for months. I just can’t spot the shiny ones on screen. Have to say I think Game Freak really screwed us all over with the shiny palettes in this Gen for some of them.
You need to get pretty close to see those pink hands. It’s a pain but doable. But I agree with the shiny palettes: blue eyes instead of red for Charcadet, different shade of black for Tauros and off-grey instead of blue-grey torsos for Tandemaus just to name a few…

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I had the same problem trying to catch one big enough for the jumbo mark. I eventually gave up and settled with one that was the second largest size

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
In Violet I finally got all of the Walking evolutions completed and now am working on getting the Pokémon that I had missed before while searching for the remaining Stakes that continue to elude me to get the Legends of Ruin quartet.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Six stars raid of the day was Paldean Taurus (fire).

Good having something easy for a change (Ceruledge perfectly walls it with Flash Fire)

Kind of annoying finding out Clear Amulet doesn't shield the pokémon from the boss stat wipe gimmick though

Yardas

Spent quite some time walking around the routes located after the west door of Mesagoza, then went to Cortondo and got my first gym badge (bug-type) by beating Katy.
My Pokémon at the moment are Floragato (16), Hisuian Zorua (15) and Buizel (15).

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Finished a Dragon Tera Dodonzo.

Not going to lie, dealing with Yawn is annoying.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Excluding the Violet exclusives, Scizor was the last Pokémon I was missing (and obviously the only one I was missing had to be one of my favorites).

Since I couldn’t bother spending 2h every day checking every possible Tera den, I was only checking the 6* every day in hopes it would be Scizor and FINALLY it happened. I can finally rest.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Did a Garchomp 6-stars raid today.

I was surprised at how... Manageable it was. Like, I had more of an issue with the daily Inteleon raid than Garchomp.

But then, I was lucky to be paired with favorable AI teammates (Arboliva and Drifblim)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Just found a Shiny Iron Bundle! I just caught it in a Timer Ball. This is my second Shiny that I’ve found in Violet! I also managed to evolve a Dunsparce into a Three Segment Dudunsparce!

Bus

Turned on my game for the first time in a couple days and started on the beach (the one near the swamp area) and the following event took place:

I see a Shellos and think to myself "man, I like Shellos, especially the blue color, but you can never tell if its shiny.....Tauros, go check if that thing is Shiny for me"

Tauros turns away

"...Tauros...did you not hear me? Check to see if Shellos is Shiny!"

Tauros has the little 'worried' water mark and turns away again

".....no...."

Walks up and initiates battle. I found a blue Shellos Shiny

I have NEVER found a Shiny pokemon so fast before; my luck may be drained for awhile.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Just finished up with Team Star (Scarlet) and took on the last parts.

It threw me for a loop to be honest. Some good storytelling there.

Clive's team was a good challenge and test for my Elite 4 team. And so did Cassiopeia's.

My team

Baxcalibur X 2
Dragonite X 2
Quaquaval
Revavroom

Really like where things are going.

Probably going to take the Elite 4 on tonight, so I can get onto post game.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Last week I was playing Violet for a bit before Tears of the Kingdom had been released and I got extremely lucky. First I cleared a Five Star Blissey Raid which was still there because I haven’t connected the game online since the Palafin Mystery Gift. Then a Shiny Iron Bundle literally walked up to me and it took me forever but I caught it. This is my second Shiny this Gen. And finally I managed to evolve a Dunsparce into a Three Segment Dudunsparce by pure luck. I wasn’t even hoping to get one.

LambzGoHard

I finished Sword & Shield just before last Christmas (I played that gen so late) so I figured I'd take a break from Pokemon and wait until Pokemon Home was announced before I start Scarlet & Violet. I've been looking forward to Pokemon Home but now that the May 24th date was wrong it can't be that much later. I hope we get the date soon. I've decided to use a mix of some Pokemon from my Home account and some new Pokemon for my playthroughs. I've settled on the following teams.

Violet
-Cloyster (Skill Link)
-Scovillain
-Kilowattrel
-Persian (Technician)
-Florges
-Venomoth

Scarlet
-Gyarados
-Skeledirge
-Eelektross
-Arboliva
-Garganacl
-Baxcalibur

The only Pokemon I'm not sure about is Venomoth, I could replace that with something different but I do quite like the teams I've created for my playthroughs. Water is my favorite type and none of the new water types really spoke to me so decided to use Cloyster & Gyarados for my teams. I also normally don't care about stats and abilities during my story playthroughs but I made sure to breed the Skill Link Cloyster & Technician Persian. If anyone recommends certain abilities for the other Pokemon then that would be cool.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Just took on the Elite 4. They weren't too hard, aside from a few Pokemon.

Here's my team:

Meowscarada
Dragonite X 2
Baxcalibur X 2
Quaquaval

Also took on my rival. I finally outsped her Quaquaval with my Dragonite. Used Thunderbolt to one shot it.

Just finished the main story. And wow, it was good. So sad too. The final battles were intense too.

Now onto post game.

Last edited:

Yardas

Right now I'm about to challenge the dark-type Team Star's squad. Before this I got my hands on the second badge (grass-) and defeated titan Bombirdier.
My Pokémon at the moment are Floragato (26), Hisuian Zorua (24), Buizel (24), Flaaffy (25), Mankey (23) and Lycancroc [Midnight] (26).

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I now have everything ready for the day Pokemon Home support for Scarlet and Violet drops, I spent some time breeding my level 100 Vaporeon Amphitrite and have hatched a female Eevee, which I've also called Amphitrite. I'm going to move the second Amphitrite into Home along with Montague the Hisuian Zorua (special thanks again to Chris02 for trading me Montague), and once I start a new playthrough I'll evolve her into Vaporeon and use her as my main Water-type.

Last edited:

Barrysun

*Deleted the post my cat posted*

anyway, I can't wait to try out new teams for my next playthrough.

I might try out a team of Pokemon with regional forms. (and maybe even an eeveeluion team)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just started a new game in Scarlet since Home connectivity is coming soon & I can now play with all of my old Pokémon as reserves like I originally wanted when SV first came out (I did move my previous save file to my Switch Lite though so I didn’t lose anything). I was also lucky because I was able to get all of the DLC clothes again since that was one thing I was worrying about before.

Anyway, I decided to pick Fuecoco this time partly because its line fits my character more than Quayle did & partly because Horizons really warmed me up to it. After bonding with it and beating Nemona for the first time, I decided to stop for the night & continue later.

Current Team
  • Julio (Fuecoco)- lv. 6