• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet/Violet - Recent Happenings Thread

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
On my way to the Rock Titan, I caught my first shiny Pokémon for Scarlet/Violet, a Shinx. Defeated the Rock Titan (unlocking the ability for Miraidon to dash) and arrived at Artazon, the location of the Grass Gym. Will be holding off challenging it for a bit while I seek out the Pokémon I intend to make a permanent part of my team.

Current team members:

Crocalor (Nizoont)
Azumarill (Praxis)
Pawmo (Riki)
P-Wooper (Miasmaros)
Ralts
Pentilil

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
blasted through the Dark and Fire crews, 3 Titans, and 3 Gyms so far. Heading to Gym 4 as of a this comment.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Finally arrived in Paldea. Got a warm welcome from Clavell and he showed me the 3 starters. Walked with them to his mansion and there I'v met my rival Nemona. When it was time to pick my starter, I went with Quaxly. Although seeing Fuecoco made me doubt a bit. Good that the little fella went with Nemona.

Defeated her in my first battle thanks to the type advantage. When she showed me around, I ran into Miraidon on the beach. While going through the cave back to the lighthouse, Miraidon saved me from a horde of Houndour and a threatening Houdoom.

At the lighthouse, I met Arven, who seems to know more about Miraidon. I was given Miraidon's Pokéball and Arven just buggered off.

There was no time to lose though, Nemona showed me the way to the academy. At the gate I was defeated by Nemona. This time I was at a disadvantage. The powered up her Pawmi and Quaxly was easily defeated.

On the academy grounds I ran into some Team Star guys bullying Penny. Took easy care of them, especially I was given the power to Terrastalise my Quaxly. After a couple of days in the school, learning about the Victory Road, Path of Legends and was given the task to fight Team Star.

Now that I was finally given some time to explore Paldea on my own with Miraidon who seems to be happy to stay with me. But he seems to be too weak to battle. While exploring, I ran into a Terra Raid Battle with a Toedscool. It was a hard fought battle, but eventually I managed to defeat it and capture it.

On my way to the first gym, I had to capture a couple of more Pokémon so I would be up for the challenge. While being around Cortondo, I captured a Maschiff and Nymble. The gym battle was a hard fought battle, but thanks to 2 lucky para's on Teddiursa in a row Quaxly was able to beat it with a couple of Wing Attacks.

While on my way to my first titan, I ran into a Charcadet and a Mankey so I now finally have a full team of 6 and ready for my first task with Arven.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In an out of character bit: just before I wanted to quit, I actually ran into a shiny Shinx! This is my first shiny is ages. But I'm not going to use it in my main playthourgh tho.

ebevan91

Defeated another Titan and battled another gym. Made it to a Star base and got rekt against the Starmobile. Also found my first shiny in the game. A Mankey. Normally I'd not really care about that one but since it has a new evolution I'm pretty thrilled.

CiciStormy

Living Rotomdex
Just defeated the second Titan(the bird) and can now surf. Fell into Asado Desert chasing after a raid den(which wasn't great, it was a Ralts with Electric Tera Type) and saw Great Tusk in the distance so skedaddled out of there and headed to Cassacrafa, only to be blocked so I defeated my first Star Base, Team Segin and Dark Star Giacomo. I was worried that I would get bodied as I didn't have any good Fairy types other than Tinkaton, but managed to get through it. The Starcar was annoying as it kept lowering my stats. Should have swapped to my Fletchinder as it had the Clear Amulet(from defeated 10 trainers on the way, a guy gave it to me) and I won and logged FT for Cassacrafa Town. Going back to Academy to take more classes and then take on my second gym when I wake up. ^_^

Pokedex is at 100 now and got some more Stardust and some Nest Balls.

CURRENT POKEMON(all at Level 30, I'm piggybacking some trades I made from my Violet copy to evolve them)
  1. Floragato (U-Turn, Low Kick, Seed Bomb, Bite)
  2. Fletchinder (Acrobatics, Take Down, Thief, Flame Charge)
  3. Azumarill (Bounce, Mud Shot[to replace a brief Metronome spree], Aqua Tail, Icy Wind[had to use this because none of my team had anything super-effective against the Sky Titan)
  4. Tinkaton (Draining Kiss[had to reteach it to have anything super-effective on Team Dark Star], Flash Cannon, Metal Claw, Foul Play)
  5. Flittle (Swift, Psybeam, Draining Kiss, Pluck)

Damjean

This game is wonderfull!

One of my favourites, designwise, is Kilowattrel. He is a beast in all of the battles.

Just defeated the Steel Titan and caught a Bagon and Orthworm. I already boxed my starter. The last 3 generations I've never felt real enthousiasm about there end evolutions.

Team:
Grimer
Primeape
Bagon
Kilowattrel
Orthworm
Greavard

Found a Sliggoo with a poison tera type. Thinkig about switching him in for Bagon.

Copley Hill Gym

Quick update. I went for the next Pokémon in the Titan storyline and I am so glad I did, because I just caught my first
Paradox Pokémon, Great Tusk. Who is just AMAZING. And I caught it shortly afterwards. Adamant nature too so I am reeling from this spell of good luck. It too is in a standard Pokeball. So happy right now!

I have to say, I am very impressed with
Great Tusk
and I now need to find space on my team for it.

Overall, reeling! This part of the game has been so much fun. I would love Titan Pokémon to become a staple feature in some form in future generations.

So a quick update...

I have now defeated the Titans, and am just about to
face off against Arven for going to the Great Paldea Crater thing.

I have 7/8 gym badges and have the final part of starfall road to do. I intend to do the latter first.

Team is now:

Arctibax lv48
Finizen lv48
Pawmot lv50
Dachsbunn Lv50
Revaroom lv51
Skeledirge lv52

The game's storyline and exploratory features are brilliant. Cannot fault it. The path of titans is absolutely amazing in particular.

Last edited:

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I already boxed my starter. The last 3 generations I've never felt real enthousiasm about there end evolutions.
I boxed my starter too, not sure if I will use it later on. Maybe just to get the pokedex entry.

Baggie_Saiyan

Beat Titan and Grass gym... I tend you use super effective mons last so there was a bit of difficulty but nothing I couldn't handle but then made my way to Iono's city and challenged her and got completely bodied lmao sp atk boosting Mismagius with levitate is too op!

Also found the real regional bird after finding out the Parrot didn't evolve and I love it! Tbh I love all regional birds except gen 5. Disappointed no Pikepek again though :(

Lechonk's evo is also pretty cool! If the line was ground would have added it on my team. Wooper's evo... is okay? Idk not feeling it immediately boxed lol

Saw Quaxly's evo... and I burst out laughing Quaxwell you know, looks like a ballet theme.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Was playing with friends and one if my friends has an Azumarill abd when they had eggs they hatched Azurill without incense... im so glad they removed that mechanic always found it stupid
There are so many of them. I always forgot if i needed a Lax or Full Incense to Munchlax

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I've been exploring everything for the past 2 days and still haven't done a single Gym/Titan/Team Star raid.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I hate that I have to either go through the damn desert or go the longass way from the East in order to reach Medali. The way from Cascarrafa is just covered up by walls or waterfalls.

CiciStormy

Living Rotomdex
Just beat the second gym, the Grass Gym. I should have known Sudowoodo has Sturdy so it survived even when it was hit with Acrobatics so it crippled my Fletchinder with a quad-effective Rock Throw. Luckily my bird survived because it was 13 levels higher. :p

Gonna try to get some more Pokemon before I go for the next series of challenges. My team is mostly finalized but I probably will want a ground type for Iono. Sadly, the ground types available are not to my liking. I have to go find a Gible because that's the only Ground type I can tolerate. The rest are Hipppotas, Clodsire, and other ugly mons. :(

Sponge

I hate that I have to either go through the damn desert or go the longass way from the East in order to reach Medali. The way from Cascarrafa is just covered up by walls or waterfalls.

You're going to have fun getting to the ghost gym town in the snowy mountains.

Trying to get there had me turned upside down for ages. I kept looking at the map thinking I'd made progress and I hadn't even started climbing the mountain.

Ended up reaching the top of the mountain and just jumped down the mountain into the town. I feel like I took the most awkward route possible.

Sponge

So I haven't posted in a while but a lot has happened since then! Since my last post I've fought the Poison Team Star leader, Normal gym leader, ghost gym leader, psychic gym leader and the ground titan.

The Poison Team Star leader was one of the toughest and longer fights I've faced so far. My Flittle hadn't evolved yet so it wasn't much use in the battle. The other challenges were a lot easier in comparison. In particular, the quaking earth titan was completely obliterated by my Scovillains Flamethrower. (kinda disappointing as I went into it thinking it would be harder)

Bombirdier and Garganacl were such a great tag team for the ghost gym battles too. (since Garganacl also has a ghost resistance from his ability)

On that note all of my Pokemon have evolved fully now:

Quaquaval (Calypso) lv 48
Garganacl (Brickerton) lv48
Scovillain (Mirasol) lv 48
Espathra (Saffia) lv 49
Revavroom (Harley) lv 48
Bombirdier (Morticia) lv 47

I don't feel like I have any weak links on the team now, they all pull their weight in different ways. Next up will be the ice type gym leader.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Just finished the Ice Gym as the 8th one. Too bad Glaceon can't learn the new move Ice Spinner you earn.
I haven't found a Ice Beam move for Glaceon yet.

CiciStormy

Living Rotomdex
Just finished the third gym, conquering the Iono Zone with a Level 34 Gabite, although her Terastalized Mismagius did get off a Confuse Ray because Bite wasn't STAB and that's the only thing that can hit Mismagius as she has Levitate. Luckily Gabite didn't hit itself. I don't like Garchomp but the only other Ground-type Pokemon in Paldea are ugly as sin(Clodsire, Dugtrio, Hippopotas, etc.). :(

My future team is named after the Persona 5 characters:
* Morgana the Floragato(> Meowscarada)
* Panther the Salazzle
* Skull the Garchomp
* Risette the Azumarill (a Persona 4 character but I couldn't think of any good characters an Azumarill might represent in Persona 5 LOLZ)
* Lavenza the Tinkaton (the name is a spoiler for the end of Persona 5 *wink*)

Sixth slot open for debate. I was planning on having a Espartha named Wakaba(aka Futaba's mom because it looks Egyptian) but my Flittle is so frail and has less than 100 HP at Level 31 so I might ditch it as soon as I evolve the stupid ostrich and look elsewhere. I caught a Gimmighoul and would love to have a Goldengho, but that's doubling on Steel types and weaknesses to Fire, Fighting and Ground(since Salazzle is Poison).

I'm trading Pokemon from Violet to evolve them so I can quickly fill up the Dex by training them with the 1.5x Traded Boost.

So far I have these Badges:
  • Victory Road: 3 badges (Bug, Grass, Electric)
  • Path of Legends: 2 badges (Rock, Flying)
  • Starfall Street: 1 badge (Dark)
Going to even it out by tackling the Fire Crew next, the one that was revealed in the trailers. Odd Mela was revealed instead of Giacomo as Giacomo is the first Star Boss as his fight is the weakest, being a Level 21 Pawniard. :p