• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet/Violet - Recent Happenings Thread

Kangaflora

Breeding the Paldea starters, then I will be trading them for the other starters.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Completed all the special League Club Room trades and upgraded all the Terarium biomes. In regards to the Pokemon Day mass outbreaks, I caught two H-Voltorb (one with a mark, sadly not the one I caught in a Heavy Ball), a Foongus and Voltorb. Now will be waiting to see if we get a special raid to tie in with Pokemon Day.,

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
In Scarlet I finished the Indigo Disk part 2 and Epilogue. Kieran was extremely easy to take out this time since I had a level Salamance with Moxie and a Volcorona with Fiery Dance.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So I have officially decided to start a new game in Violet.

Now that the campaign is done, I have nothing to worry about. This time, I'm gonna try to beat the entire game with a single 'mon.

EDIT: So for this playthrough, I've decided to play as Lysandre's estranged daughter, Lumière.

UEAgMuE.jpeg

Lumière is a Kalos native and a new student at Uva Academy. Despite having never met her father, she has spent her entire life being compared to him. Not only do people say she looks like Lysandre, she acts like him!

Refusing to live in her father's shadow, Lumière takes on Uva Academy as the perfect opportunity to shed away Lysandre's evil legacy and prove to the world she is nothing like him.

Last edited:

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Finally finished catching the remaining Snacksworth legends today. Caught Kubfu in a dream ball and Glastrer in a heavy ball. Funny thing is the Glastrier I caught has a timid nature and the Spectrier has a brave nature so they somehow got reversed. About halfway through inviting people to Blueberry enough for them to trade with me. Once I finish that up I believe I will have completed everything I need to finish up my game of Violet.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So in my second playthrough, I've made it to Kitakami and Blueberry Academy before getting a single badge, which is dope.

My aim is to complete the game with a single Pokémon (currently a White Floette), but since the Team Star raids don't allow less than three 'mons, I had to get stand-ins for those. :rolleyes:

Luthor

Completed the Blastoise raid and also encountered a completely random shiny Hoppip. Considering I previously found a shiny Skiploom that just leaves a shiny jumpluff and I would have found the entire line shiny.

Phil Rohan

Completed the Blastoise raid and also encountered a completely random shiny Hoppip. Considering I previously found a shiny Skiploom that just leaves a shiny jumpluff and I would have found the entire line shiny.
If you're not concerned about being the original trainer of your shinies, I have a spare shiny Jumpluff I could trade.

Luthor

If you're not concerned about being the original trainer of your shinies, I have a spare shiny Jumpluff I could trade.

Appreciate it but i'll pass. I'm curious to see if I happen to encounter a random wild shiny Jumpluff or a duplicate of the previous.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I've been playing Violet for what will most likely be the last time before we move on to Legends: Z-A. The goal of this playthrough is to get Iron Boulder and Iron Crown, I'm up to 118 Pokemon for Kitakami and about 50 for the Blueberry Academy Pokedex, so still a long way to go. I could transfer in all of the Pokemon I caught in my last Scarlet playthrough, and I have done that a little bit, but seeing as these will probably be my last visits to Paldea and Kitakami, I kind of want to take my time and immerse myself in the game's scenery as much as possible, take the long way round so to speak.
I haven't been to Blueberry Academy yet, but I've done the Teal Mask, all of the base game story missions and the final battles against Arven, Clavell and Penny, and the last things to do before the Indigo Disk are finishing up the Victory Road story and doing the Area Zero quest. My team consists of:

Raoul - level 68 Quaquaval with Aqua Step, Liquidation, Close Combat and Brick Break
Coffee - level 65 Dachsbun with Play Rough, Dazzling Gleam, Baby-Doll Eyes and Crunch
Side Burn - level 64 Ceruledge with Night Slash, Bitter Blade, Swords Dance and Shadow Claw
Buzzsaw - level 65 Kilowattrel with Discharge, Thunder Wave, Fly and Hurricane
Road Rage - level 65 Revavroom with Spin Out, Shift Gear, Iron Head and Poison Jab
Sappy Appy - level 70 Hydrapple with Energy Ball, Syrup Bomb, Dragon Pulse and Grassy Terrain

Granted, I did cheat a little bit by transferring Sappy Appy to an old Scarlet save when he was a Dipplin and giving him Dragon Cheer so he could evolve before I go to Blueberry in this playthough, but this is my first time using Hydrapple so I was eager to get one early. This has been a very good team and I'll definitely be storing them in Pokemon Home once they're all level 100. It's also my first time using Ceruledge and Revavroom, and I'm impressed by how good they are.

Edit: SHINY NOCTOWL LET'S GOOOOOOOOO

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Been working on training some Pokemon in Violet. Can't use any traded ones over lv 35 yet lol. Took down the Sky Titan. Caught a Chansey and some other Pokemon too.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I managed to take down Iron Treads with just my Florges. It took a couple attempts, though.

In the first attempt, I got slaughtered. lol For the second, I grinded my Florges up to Lv. 51, which allowed her to just barely survive Iron Treads' Iron Head. Luckily, Petal Dance came in clutch.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Been slowly wrapping up all of the base & Teal Mask postgame elements before going to Blueberry Academy. I completed the Academy Ace Tournament, caught the Treasures of Ruin (all in Safari Balls), & finished my final exams. Now all I need is to finish the epilogue cutscenes and complete the Billy/O'Nare storyline.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Just got my fourth badge in Violet. Got the water one from the Cascarrafa Gym. My team got it easily.

Here's my team:

Hawkeye - Luxray - Lv 32
ICEE - Luxray - Lv 31
Klinger - Ampharos - Lv 30
Kristal - Jumpluff - Lv 31
Zappy - Magneton - Lv 31
Juan Toke - Toxtricity - Lv 33

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Playing the game with just one pokemon really makes you realize just how many things in the game don't let you play with just one pokemon.

I keep two pokemon in standby, a Pyroar and an Alolan Ninetales, in case I encounter a battle/mission that forces to me to have more than one 'mon. It's mostly the Team Star Raids, but I never noticed Ryme's gym also requires two or more pokemon.

I am now five badges in, and my Florges is at Lv. 62. lol

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Finally went after the Paradox Legendaries in Scarlet. In both versions of the game, I decided to catch them in Pokeballs. Iron Vallent, Iron Boulder, and Gouging Fire were all simple enough but Raging Bolt MADE. ME. WORK. FOR IT!! It took out my catcher 3 times (Briloom) and exhausted all the PP for all of its moves except Rising Voltage, which after catching it I could see that it had literally one attack left before it would have struggled and fainted itself. 39 Pokeballs later it finally stayed in the ball! Eesh!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Defeated Norman in Violet and got the 5th badge... then took down Nemona (can't stand her!).

Wasn't even able to switch out to a fair team for the latter battle. So I ended up taking out Meowscarda using Toxic.

Here's my team:

Cragen - Hariyama - lv 39
Swiffer - Breloom - lv 38
Ed Tucker - Tauros - lv 37
The Shadow - Luxray - lv 37
Zappy - Magneton - lv 37
Juan Toke - Toxtricity - lv 37

Last edited: