• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet/Violet - Recent Happenings Thread

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
This thread is for posting anything regarding your game's progress.
Think of it as a journal -- from catching Pokemon, completing sidequests, or just exploring Paldea while making sandwiches.

RULES
  • Do not spam. Avoid posting consecutively. This isn't your personal status feed.
  • Do not ask questions here. We have a dedicated thread for that HERE.
  • Each post must contain 3 sentences or more. Don’t just post “Caught a mini Lechonk.” or "Caught a shiny Flamigo. Nice."
  • Follow the rules above, as well as the forum rules. Ignorance may result to your post being deleted or infractions.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Started off my journey, naming the player character Adeleine from Kirby. The Fuecoco I picked as my starter is the second instance that it ended up female (first been a Mudkip in Alpha Sapphire). Caught all the possible Pokémon that can appear on the starting route and made it through the cave near the beach with a mysterious Pokemon’s help, about to make my way to the lighthouse.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
This thread is for posting anything regarding your game's progress.
Think of it as a journal -- from catching Pokemon, completing sidequests, or just exploring Paldea while making sandwiches.

RULES
  • Do not spam. Avoid posting consecutively. This isn't your personal status feed.
  • Do not ask questions here. We have a dedicated thread for that HERE.
  • Each post must contain 3 sentences or more. Don’t just post “Caught a mini Lechonk.” or "Caught a shiny Flamigo. Nice."
  • Follow the rules above, as well as the forum rules. Ignorance may result to your post being deleted or infractions.
I could have thought that I already made a thread for this. If you want me to take it down, I’ll be perfectly happy with that.

Thread 'Scarlet and Violet: Recent Happenings Thread'
https://forums.serebii.net/threads/scarlet-and-violet-recent-happenings-thread.712060/

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Flowing Ice

I've named by character Kari after msyelf. When I got my starter Sprigatito, I named him Druidia for a deep forest feeling name. The name would have fit better on a female Sprigatito than male, but what can ya do? I have caught all of the kinds of Pokemon up to the lighthouse, plus a couple after that, and had my first non-required trainer battle.

Stopped for now, but all-in-all, I'm pleased with my progress.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Got the game now, I always used to call my character after me so I like to try different names so the OT names don't get confusing and repetitive, so for I've called my character Shrek.

Pawmi is way smaller than expected.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Just got started on VIOLET. The game isn't that slow frame rate wise so far. I'm glad Fletchling is in the early game.
Talonflame is a great pokemon from Kalos. And i named my Fuecoco Firecroc... after the pokedex entry.
Fuecoco is a odd name for me to pronounce. I almost thought about Firegator. But i love his goofy personality.

Last edited:

zolios

Got Violet a couple of hours ago. I agree with the critics that this game looks unfinished, it's sad that Game Freak decided to release the game in this state instead of delaying it. Looks like PS1 game at times but it's still Pokemon so I'm enjoying it despite all the issues. I just got the ability to Terastalize and I'll finally go visit the school for the first time.

My team for now is Popeye the Quaxly, Jabba the Paldean Wooper and Lizzo the Lechonk. Popeye is the only one that I'll for sure keep on my team until the end but I'm not sure about the other two, I'll probably replace them with something better later down the line.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
OMG I came across a shiny Mudbray.
Just by chance lol
caught it now :)
That's lucky. I remember when i found that shiny Shinx in Legends Arceus without even trying. It was even before the Ponyta/Rapidash mission quest. I was hunting for satchels and foraging and all of a sudden i found it in the first area. It was close to the Alpha Snorlax area The gold/black shinx line is just amazing.

Got Violet a couple of hours ago. I agree with the critics that this game looks unfinished, it's sad that Game Freak decided to release the game in this state instead of delaying it. Looks like PS1 game at times but it's still Pokemon so I'm enjoying it despite all the issues. I just got the ability to Terastalize and I'll finally go visit the school for the first time.

My team for now is Popeye the Quaxly, Jabba the Paldean Wooper and Lizzo the Lechonk. Popeye is the only one that I'll for sure keep on my team until the end but I'm not sure about the other two, I'll probably replace them with something better later down the line.
I named my lechonk Porky... after Porky Pig from Looney Tunes

Bus

Just started and went with Sprigatito. Since I know what he looks like in the end, I decided to name him Meowsene; after Arsene Lupin (in honor of both Lupin the series and Persona 5 lol).

EDIT: Been playing a little over an hour; haven't gone to the academy yet, but I got my first shiny! A beautifully red Tarountula!

Last edited:

Sponge

I've been playing for a while now, and I only just fought against my first gym. (Katy) Before then I had just been wandering around seeing what Pokemon I could find.

So far I have two (I think) permanent team members:

Quaxwell lv 16
Nacli lv 15

I nicknamed my Quaxwell "Calypso" and Nacli "Pepper", not sure about the names but I'm not really in the mood to spend hours thinking up something else. (I guess I can change them if I think of something better)

Luckily I discovered that I can pick up two other Pokemon I wanted to use on my team pretty close to Cortondo. It's pretty rare that I can have half of my team already so soon after the first gym. I'll probably head to take on the Klawf titan next.

Owynna_Lore

Manners Maketh Man
@Sponge My husband should have named his Quaxly that since it's our dog's name. Instead he went with Quack!

--

I only had to reset once to get a female Fuecoco and named her Calycifer.
I have battled many a Lechonk and found a shiny one before I went to bed at 4am. Her name is Gretch.
I stopped right after introducing myself at school and once able I'm going to boost the normal type spawn rate and hunt for Dunsparce.
I also caught a Skwovet to get the move Stuffed Cheeks for Gretch. Now I need a very expensive Mirror Herb.

Pokemon Power

Well, I've started the game. I've beaten the Bug-type Gym and plan of taking on Titan Klawf next. So far, other than small lag, it's pretty good. They really did their best to make an open-world Pokemon adventure.

Copley Hill Gym

So I caught a lv40 Flamigo which had a fairy Tera type. Got supremely lucky as my squad is all below lv25 and I got caught off guard a bit (he fainted three of my squad).

Overall my first six hours with the game have seen me get my first badge - at the grass type gym, near the first titan, rather than go to the bug gym.

Team is:

Fuecoco
Pawmi
Finizen
Wattrel
Klawf
Fidough

I have managed to find and catch the Amourage pre evo too, just need to get the right bits now to evolve it.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
Downloaded Violet last night and just started playing a couple of hours ago. Was along the path to Mesagoza and encountered a Shiny Scatterbug. Picked Sprigatito as my starter but don’t have a set team comp yet. Just left Mesagoza.

Sponge

Caught Capsakid and Flittle, then went to fight the titan Klawf. Passed by Artazon and Levincia to the Zapapico area to pick up a Varoom for my team as well. Ended up encountering a shiny Skiddo too later on.

I also fought Brassius, although I was a bit overleveled.

Quaxwell lv 22
Nacli lv 21
Capsakid lv 20
Flittle lv 21
Varoom lv 21

I was going to pick up a Bombirdier for my last slot but I couldn't find one. I caught a Wattrel too and I'm a bit tempted to go with it instead now....

Pokemon Power

Well, I've beaten Titan Klawf, and now my Ride legendary can dash. I'm trying to figure out which to do next. The Grass-type Gym, or the Fire-type Team Star base.
EDIT: Did the Grass-type gym first. Tomorrow after work, I'm gonna take on the Fire-type Team Star base.

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Got sidetracked a fair amount catching Pokemon on the way to Uva Academy, among them was a P-Wooper that I intend to be keeping on my team (nicknamed after the Kirby mid-boss, Miasmoros). Got filled in on the game’s three paths and gained the ability to use Miraidon as a mount. Planning on tackling the Bug-type first.