• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet/Violet - Recent Happenings Thread

Dared3v0

Just have fun
I finally beat the first gym I'm on my way to klawf now Ive been getting sidetracked just exploring. I gotta say I have only experienced lag in the city

Team
Daisy(Quaxwell)
Fuego(Character)
Skiploom
Bo(Flaaffy)
Mankey
P-wooper

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Been finding lots of pokemon and finished the Olive Roll Test. I'm hoping i can find Gimmighoul or Ralts soon and a Dusk Stone for Murkrow

My team is
Crocalor
Rockruff
Fletchinder
Pikachu
Goomy
Shroodle

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Been finding lots of pokemon and finished the Olive Roll Test. I'm hoping i can find Gimmighoul or Ralts soon and a Dusk Stone for Murkrow

My team is
Crocalor
Rockruff
Fletchinder
Pikachu
Goomy
Shroodle
For Gimmighoul, climb to the top of those big towers that are all around. You should find the chest form at the very top. Ralts can be located right at the start of the game next to that first town. Just look around that little pond next to the pokemon center and you'll find it.

Pokefan_1987

For Gimmighoul, climb to the top of those big towers that are all around. You should find the chest form at the very top. Ralts can be located right at the start of the game next to that first town. Just look around that little pond next to the pokemon center and you'll find it.
Is it near the bug gym?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Is it near the bug gym?

If you mean the tower, yes there is one around there and also around the grass gym. If you mean Ralts, no it's near los platos or whatever that first town with the yellow roofs is called.

Just started playing the game this morning. I love the open world it's great just to run around getting lost and seeing what Pokémon I can find to add to my team. This is the first time I haven't made planned teams for each starter Pokémon and just building my team as I go

Team so far
.Quaxly
.Paldean Wooper
.Flamigo
.Pawmi

Pokefan_1987

If you mean the tower, yes there is one around there and also around the grass gym. If you mean Ralts, no it's near los platos or whatever that first town with the yellow roofs is called.
Got a Ralts now and it's a female too. I'll hunt for Gimmighoul soon. Is the roaming form in Violet ?

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Playing Scarlet and started With naming my Player Violet, just because :p

Disco the Quaxly and me really got lost just catching pokemon before Mesagoza. Think i had 21-23 before i finally moved on. My problem is i want to use at least 75% of the pokedex. Did a few Surprise Trades as soon as i was able. Nobody trading anything but Los Platos pokemon, which doesn't surprise me. Glooper the Wooper was a big help against Nemona's Tera Pawmi. Did a couple school classes, but they seem useless. Got a Thunderstone for catching 30 pokemon, so i temporary added a Pichu to the team until it evolves. Can buy a Soothe Bell in town so why not. After finally getting to the Open Fields, i found a Tera-Flying Meowth in the wild. Also tried my first Tera-Raid for a Fomantis. Was with other people and apparently we can attack in any order. lvl 60 something Tyranitar destroyed it.

Saved in Cortondo, but i dont have any plans to do the gym yet.

Team
Disco - Quaxly - lvl 15
Atomic - Pichu - lvl 12
Glooper - Wooper - lvl 12
PeaPod - Fletchling - lvl 14
Mantis - Fomantis lvl 12
Harper - Jigglypuff lvl 13

CiciStormy

Living Rotomdex
Went down the Path of Legends first, defeating The Stony Cliff Titan. It went down like a wimp because I had a Level 23 Azumarill with Aqua Tail. :cool:

Also managed to unlock fast travel to Artozon Town, but not doing Brassius yet. I will do the gyms in order, so I will go back to Mesogoza after I evolve this stupid rat to Pawmot(seriously, who was smoking weed to decide that you had to have it wander around for 30000 STEPS?). :mad:

Sponge

Took on the flying titan and the dark type star boss next. The titan was pretty easy and the dark type boss was too, although their final Pokemon was bulkier than I expected. So far the Star Bosses kind of feel like the more difficult of the three paths. (not by a lot but still)

Ended up adding Bombirdier to my team after all, when I saw it I knew I had to use it.

My team:

Calypso the Quaxwell lv 24
Brickerton the Naclstack lv 24
Mirasol the Capsakid lv 23
Saffia the Flittle lv 23
Harley the Varoom lv 24
Morticia the Bombirdier lv 21

Will probably take on Mela next, but I'll probably have to level up a little bit more. (after that I'll probably head to take on Iono)

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Went down the Path of Legends first, defeating The Stony Cliff Titan. It went down like a wimp because I had a Level 23 Azumarill with Aqua Tail. :cool:

Also managed to unlock fast travel to Artozon Town, but not doing Brassius yet. I will do the gyms in order, so I will go back to Mesogoza after I evolve this stupid rat to Pawmot(seriously, who was smoking weed to decide that you had to have it wander around for 30000 STEPS?). :mad:
It's actually only 1000 steps. Just don't get it out of auto mode before leveling it up to evolve it.

Copley Hill Gym

So I caught a lv40 Flamigo which had a fairy Tera type. Got supremely lucky as my squad is all below lv25 and I got caught off guard a bit (he fainted three of my squad).

Overall my first six hours with the game have seen me get my first badge - at the grass type gym, near the first titan, rather than go to the bug gym.

Team is:

Fuecoco
Pawmi
Finizen
Wattrel
Klawf
Fidough

I have managed to find and catch the Amourage pre evo too, just need to get the right bits now to evolve it.

So I now have three badges (Grass, Bug then Normal in that order), have beaten the rock and steel titans, and Mela's Team Star raid. I have now caught a whopping 135 Pokémon, which are being put carefully into boxes to make a living Paldea dex (a lot of effort but in fairness it is helping me work out what I am missing). I have only used basic Pokeballs to catch Pokémon so far, which is unusual and a first for me (and I am thinking, why not keep going? See if I can try and get the whole dex in the traditional basic Pokeball - would be a first for me in any generation).

The big news is I conquered the snowy mountain and got myself not just Frigibax early doors, but its middle evolution Arctibax too. Since it's level 49 (!!!) it is a good 20 levels above my squad, so I am boxing it for now and going forward with my lower level frigibax, which is now at lv28.

Team is now:

Crocalor Lv35
Pawmot Lv35
Finizen Lv33
Dachsbunn Lv35
Varoom Lv32
Frigibax Lv28

Which means for the first time in a Pokémon game I have the pseudo just before taking on the third gym.

Thus far, I am loving the game, exploring and catching a bit more like I did with PLA than Sw/Sh.

If I have one constant criticism, it is the graphics and loading times. Paldea can look incredibly beautiful provided you don't look too closely at certain details.

My next stop will be one on Starfall Road and I am aiming to get my second raid passed ASAP.

Of all my Pokemon in my squad, the one I am most fond of is Finizen. It really is a delightfully designed Pokémon. How I get it to evolve is going to be tricky...

ebevan91

Just finished the bug gym and now I'm heading towards the "first" titan. I spent most of the day yesterday just roaming around the first couple of areas catching all of the new Pokemon.

Crocalor lvl 18
Nacli lvl 16
Pawmi lvl 16
Smoliv lvl 16
Wooper lvl 16
Wiglett lvl 16

I have a couple others that I'm swapping in and out and I don't plan on keeping Wooper or Wiglett much longer. It's nice not having a lot of forced trainer battles because it really helps with the overleveling too.

Pokefan_1987

I went to a area trying to find a pincurchin but found a nearby cave. I did get beat up a bit but i caught level 40 Sableye level 40 Dunsparce with Hyper Drill (for evolving) and male 40 Salandit (oddly dusk ball was better than great ball) i still only have 1 badge.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Just went out and catched all the pokemon I truly wanted before challenging gyms and team star bases. Captured winter Deerling, Greavard, Tandemous, Cetoddle, Komala and Finizen. It’s great that I could catch higher level pokemon and not have to wait until later to get them.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Made a sandwich to boost Ghost type encounter rate.
Then got these 10 Sinistea shards and evolved that fire Pokemon into the Ghost sword thing

Sham

The Guardian of War
Recently got a Sprigatito and it's a female so excited about that. Made it towards the school but Sprigatito fell asleep and got stuck in-between both of our sprites so I had to reset and update the game. Hope that helps, it's been a few glitches lately.

Bus

Just went out and catched all the pokemon I truly wanted before challenging gyms and team star bases. Captured winter Deerling, Greavard, Tandemous, Cetoddle, Komala and Finizen. It’s great that I could catch higher level pokemon and not have to wait until later to get them.
Careful, they won't listen past lvl 30. I've been doing nothing but exploring, running around, catching stuff and doing the Titan storyline. I've got no badges and my Not Tentacool I jsut caught at 32 decided he doesnt want to listen.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Careful, they won't listen past lvl 30. I've been doing nothing but exploring, running around, catching stuff and doing the Titan storyline. I've got no badges and my Not Tentacool I jsut caught at 32 decided he doesnt want to listen.
Yes, already happened to me lol XD. Although they do attack sometimes, I will be going for some badges next.