• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet/Violet - Recent Happenings Thread

Julia Artemis

So wasn't impressed with the design of Naclstack when I saw it but it's probably the best Pokémon on my team right now, Salted Cure is great .

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
My Wooper evolved. I have since named it "Eclair" because Clodsire looks like a chocolate one.

Baggie_Saiyan

Just beat the bug gym... just about I got absolutely destroyed lmao. Had to rely on my Flamiga who was the last last resort

Spriggy evolved and I wasn't even upset it was standing cuz Floragato looks amazing!

I don't know what to do next... this so exciting lol.

The game looks gorgeous, man I think I am in love with it aha

Only complaint don't like how Scarlet legend rides... feels too clunky? Idk

Missingno.Fan

I just bought Violet. I was going to go with Scarlet, but I changed my mind at the last second. I only got up to the part where you first meet Miraidon.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I unlocked the ride pokémon for both games.

For my Scarlet, I’m taking my time to Explore the region, bind with my pokémon, & try to make a strong team of six. I farmed for pearls & stardust through Tera raids to get a Power Bracer for my Quaxly, then I caught a Tinkatinkin the route outside of Artazon. Right now I’m holding off until I know for sure what my team’s going to be, though I may try a couple classes and talking to the teachers to get more Tera shards later down the line.

Main Team
  • Pacheco (Quaxly)
  • Dolores (Tinkatink)

For Violet, I’m going BUCK WILD & covering every nook & cranny in Paldea. I caught hundreds of Pokémon (though only two of them are definitely on my team) and I managed to beat the Flying Titan, the Bug gym, & the Water gym. I managed to get an Adamant mint too so I’plnprobably trade it to my Scarlet game next.

Main Team:
  • Hector (Crocoalr)
  • Buddy (Tadbulb)

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Engaged in my first Tera Raids (catching myself a Pentilil and Maschiff) and also caught an over world Tera Type Rock Diglett. In the process my Fuecoco and Azurill evolved, took on the Bug-type Gym which did not gave me too much issues. Going to be tackling the Rock Titan next, perhaps going to the area where Watterl can be found as well.

Current team members:

Crocalor (Nizoont)
Marill (Praxis)
Pawmi (Riki)
P-Wooper (Miasmaros)
Pentilil
Ralts

Copley Hill Gym

So I now have three badges (Grass, Bug then Normal in that order), have beaten the rock and steel titans, and Mela's Team Star raid. I have now caught a whopping 135 Pokémon, which are being put carefully into boxes to make a living Paldea dex (a lot of effort but in fairness it is helping me work out what I am missing). I have only used basic Pokeballs to catch Pokémon so far, which is unusual and a first for me (and I am thinking, why not keep going? See if I can try and get the whole dex in the traditional basic Pokeball - would be a first for me in any generation).

The big news is I conquered the snowy mountain and got myself not just Frigibax early doors, but its middle evolution Arctibax too. Since it's level 49 (!!!) it is a good 20 levels above my squad, so I am boxing it for now and going forward with my lower level frigibax, which is now at lv28.

Team is now:

Crocalor Lv35
Pawmot Lv35
Finizen Lv33
Dachsbunn Lv35
Varoom Lv32
Frigibax Lv28

Which means for the first time in a Pokémon game I have the pseudo just before taking on the third gym.

Thus far, I am loving the game, exploring and catching a bit more like I did with PLA than Sw/Sh.

If I have one constant criticism, it is the graphics and loading times. Paldea can look incredibly beautiful provided you don't look too closely at certain details.

My next stop will be one on Starfall Road and I am aiming to get my second raid passed ASAP.

Of all my Pokemon in my squad, the one I am most fond of is Finizen. It really is a delightfully designed Pokémon. How I get it to evolve is going to be tricky...

So we're now up to three of each path, and I am heading to the psychic gym leader next. 178 Pokémon caught so far, and my ridiculous run of only using the basic Poke-ball type continues, which frankly is insane. I am getting through them though, not a recommended self inflicted rule for a speed run!

Team is now:

Skeledirge lv40
Pawmot lv38
Finizen lv40
Dachsbunn Lv39
Varoom lv40
Arctibax lv40

I cannot impress enough how much Dachsbunn is impressing me. Use of work up plus baton pass and he's basically helping everything in the team sweep or outspeed everything. Setting Skeledirge up this way makes the alligator absolutely slam everything at the moment, I was not prepared for the ridiculously overpowered signature fire move that increases the sp.attack stat! Combined with Dachsbunn's work up it is lethal in game.

Finizen is sadly awaiting a union circle to evolve...anyone also trying, I am on the Serebii Union Circle thread trying to get a group of 3 or 4 together to have an evolution par-tay!

Varoom is an insane design. I do have one criticism: as a car buff, they say he's an eight cylindered engine, but he has a carburettor on top (fair) but only three sets of piston valves on each side...making him a V6, not a V8, unless the rear exhausts are in fact counted as the 7th and 8th valves, of course. Minor thing but kudos to GF for really thinking about it. Love the design and the typing has been really useful throughout.

To be frank, graphical and memory issues aside...I am loving Paldea. All of my concerns from PLA are mostly answered, I still think an optional catch mode ala PLA would make this game better, as everything being a battle is time consuming. Battle mode has been sped up enough to not be a deal breaker.

Sponge

I've done a fair bit since my last post. Defeated Mela, Iono, the steel titan and Kofu as well. Iono was surprisingly harder than I expected....even though I was over levelled, her last Pokemon was kinda annoying.

Quaxwell (Calypso) lv 33
Nacklstack (Brickerton) lv 33
Capsakid (Mirasol) lv 32
Flittle (Saffia) lv 32
Varoom (Harley) lv 31
Bombirdier (Morticia) lv 31

I have a fire stone but I'm going to hold off evolving Capsakid until one of the other mons evolve into their final stage. I feel like my Flittle is starting to lag behind the rest of my team but she'll evolve soon so hopefully that'll help.

Next up I'll be heading to take on the Poison star leader and then the normal type gym leader.

So wasn't impressed with the design of Naclstack when I saw it but it's probably the best Pokémon on my team right now, Salted Cure is great .

I feel like Nacklstack has been so reliable on my team, as long as it's not up against a type weakness it brushes off hits like they're nothing.

Last edited:

Copley Hill Gym

So we're now up to three of each path, and I am heading to the psychic gym leader next. 178 Pokémon caught so far, and my ridiculous run of only using the basic Poke-ball type continues, which frankly is insane. I am getting through them though, not a recommended self inflicted rule for a speed run!

Team is now:

Skeledirge lv40
Pawmot lv38
Finizen lv40
Dachsbunn Lv39
Varoom lv40
Arctibax lv40

I cannot impress enough how much Dachsbunn is impressing me. Use of work up plus baton pass and he's basically helping everything in the team sweep or outspeed everything. Setting Skeledirge up this way makes the alligator absolutely slam everything at the moment, I was not prepared for the ridiculously overpowered signature fire move that increases the sp.attack stat! Combined with Dachsbunn's work up it is lethal in game.

Finizen is sadly awaiting a union circle to evolve...anyone also trying, I am on the Serebii Union Circle thread trying to get a group of 3 or 4 together to have an evolution par-tay!

Varoom is an insane design. I do have one criticism: as a car buff, they say he's an eight cylindered engine, but he has a carburettor on top (fair) but only three sets of piston valves on each side...making him a V6, not a V8, unless the rear exhausts are in fact counted as the 7th and 8th valves, of course. Minor thing but kudos to GF for really thinking about it. Love the design and the typing has been really useful throughout.

To be frank, graphical and memory issues aside...I am loving Paldea. All of my concerns from PLA are mostly answered, I still think an optional catch mode ala PLA would make this game better, as everything being a battle is time consuming. Battle mode has been sped up enough to not be a deal breaker.

Quick update. I went for the next Pokémon in the Titan storyline and I am so glad I did, because I just caught my first
Paradox Pokémon, Great Tusk. Who is just AMAZING. And I caught it shortly afterwards. Adamant nature too so I am reeling from this spell of good luck. It too is in a standard Pokeball. So happy right now!

I have to say, I am very impressed with
Great Tusk
and I now need to find space on my team for it.

Overall, reeling! This part of the game has been so much fun. I would love Titan Pokémon to become a staple feature in some form in future generations.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
If you havent fought her yet. Iono's losing reaction is so hilarious. Similar to Gen 8 Opal dropping her umbrella.

Drummerdude

I started Violet on Friday and picked Quaxly as my starter which is unusual for me as I almost always pick the fire starter for new generations. On the first route of the game I caught a Shiny Tarountula which I have since evolve though I won't be using it. I caught a Fidough for my team and did the exposition at the school before setting off. I randomly came across a Tadbulb on my way to the first gym which was exciting because I really wanted a Bellibolt for my team! I also caught a Charcadet which is the only reason I did not pick Fuecoco as my starter.

So far I have defeated 3 of the gyms, 2 of the Titan Pokemon and 2 of the Team Star bases. I also found a Shiny Skiddo after the second titan.

Quaxwell Lv30
Dachsbun Lv30
Bellibolt Lv28
Charcadet Lv27
Flittle Lv27

I haven't decided if Flittle will be a permanent member or what my sixth member will be. I've been having fun discovering new Pokemon so far and keep debating constantly about what else to use.

CiciStormy

Living Rotomdex
Just started and went with Sprigatito. Since I know what he looks like in the end, I decided to name him Meowsene; after Arsene Lupin (in honor of both Lupin the series and Persona 5 lol).

I named mine Morgana even though it was female.

Actually got started on Violet as my double pack actually came in so now I have two copies of Scarlet, one physical. :p

Picked Quaxly as my starter(though I don't intend to keep it when I find a better water type and get Quaquaval) and am just capturing every new Pokemon I can. Actually got the Flying Tera Pikachu from the mystery gift as well as 100 Pokeballs from the double-pack pre-order so I'm going crazy. Not even entered Mesogoza yet.

Also, an error on my last post: Pawmo evolves after you take 1000 steps with it and then level it up. Got Pawmot on Scarlet but not going to use it as I have my Scarlet Team planned out.

Last edited:

IsolatedGnd

Started playing on Friday as well. Chose the gatito and progressed just enough to start looking for new team members. I'll be going for a cat & dog ~ish themed team. Today I tried to go find a ditto. Oh my! It was such a pain but in the end I managed to catch one. Also found one HA Rockruff while I was exploring. So far my team looks like this:
Floragato (28)
Zangoose (18)
Rockruff (23)
Growlithe (22)
Maschiff (23)
Riolu (25)
Even though I've been mostly exploring and working on the dex, I've managed to get some decent exp.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
couldn't think of what to use but as of this comment, I plan on having Skeledirge, Gallade, Tinkaton, and Baxcalibur as locks. Just need to think about the last two.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I noticed that my Sawsbuck changes it’s season depending on where I last saved, so I had to save on the snowy area and turn it off and on again to regain its winter form.

I also found the treasure chest pokemon without looking for it lol

Last edited:

scififan21

Well I'm about to fight the Fire Crew I got the Grass and Bug gyms cleared. I also defeated the Dark Crew and the Flying Titan and Klawf. I got Floragato and Caracadet as my two MVPs. Also recently evolved Pawmi and going to run in circles on the little town before the school to evolve him again. Also have a few Tera Raids done and a wild Flying Tera Meowth and a shiny Psyduck which was really cool to find and I wasn't even shiny hunting. Where are some places to pick up sandwhich recipes by the way? Also I love the dark dog can't wait to evolve her, I'm assuming her evolved form is the Pokemon that Arven has correct?

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I fought against Tera Jolteon and Raichu even though I was under level by quite a lot. I managed to capture them, but it wasn’t a walk in the park. The tera colors are nice.

I encountered the Titan bombardier by accident, but it was fun and gave me some new appreciation for that pokemon.