• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet/Violet - Recent Happenings Thread

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Just finished the third gym, conquering the Iono Zone with a Level 34 Gabite, although her Terastalized Mismagius did get off a Confuse Ray because Bite wasn't STAB and that's the only thing that can hit Mismagius as she has Levitate. Luckily Gabite didn't hit itself. I don't like Garchomp but the only other Ground-type Pokemon in Paldea are ugly as sin(Clodsire, Dugtrio, Hippopotas, etc.). :(

My future team is named after the Persona 5 characters:
* Morgana the Floragato(> Meowscarada)
* Panther the Salazzle
* Skull the Garchomp
* Risette the Azumarill (a Persona 4 character but I couldn't think of any good characters an Azumarill might represent in Persona 5 LOLZ)
* Lavenza the Tinkaton (the name is a spoiler for the end of Persona 5 *wink*)

Sixth slot open for debate. I was planning on having a Espartha named Wakaba(aka Futaba's mom because it looks Egyptian) but my Flittle is so frail and has less than 100 HP at Level 31 so I might ditch it as soon as I evolve the stupid ostrich and look elsewhere. I caught a Gimmighoul and would love to have a Goldengho, but that's doubling on Steel types and weaknesses to Fire, Fighting and Ground(since Salazzle is Poison).

I'm trading Pokemon from Violet to evolve them so I can quickly fill up the Dex by training them with the 1.5x Traded Boost.
I recommend getting a Fire type though, preferably stronger than Salazzle. There are a lot of Gyms weak to fire. Arcanine and Houndoom come to mind. Houndoom is often found as a level 42 wild encounters so it might not be obedient early.

Dreepy and Impidimp can both be found at level 30 near the Team Star Poison base if you want a Dragalge or Grimmsnarl early.

Last edited:

Bus

Caught my second Shiny as I was out exploring the Paldea mountain region (near the rocky area with spires). It was a Hounstone; my favorite design for this gen! I was stunned when I saw it there and so happy to catch it with a Dusk Ball!

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Caught the remaining team members (at least the ones in the general area) that I wanted for my team, happened to come across the gates to the Fire Team Star base and Levinica but their respective goals is going to be held off a while. Returned back Artazon for my Gym battle and claimed victory with Wattell, Tinkatink and P-Wooper. Now at the footsteps leading to the cliff where the Flying Titan is lurking.

Current team:

Crocalor (Nizoont)
Azumarill (Praxis)
Clodsire (Miasmaros)
Watterl (Thorr)
Tinkatink (Susie)
Flittle (Hyness)

Reserves:
P-Tauros (Combat Breed)

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
About 13 hours into Violet so far. I’ve completed the bug and grass gyms and the first Titan encounter. I’m now on my way to Iono’s gym. I’m going to hold off on doing the Team Star stuff until after I do the other two story lines.

I picked Sprigatito as my starter, and I’ve been rotating Pokemon through my team to evenly level them up. I’m trying to focus my efforts on Paldean Pokemon at first. I have a Charcadet, Fidough, and that Electric Tadpole that I’ve been leveling up. I haven’t caught any shinies yet. I could spend all day running around trying to catch Pokemon and just enjoying the scenery.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
I went in and battled the first Titan: Klawf. It was a hard fought battle, but with the help of Arven I managed to defeat it with with Mankey.

Afterwards, I did some training before takeing on the second gym. During training Quaxly evolved. When I arrived at the gym, I had to take another test by finding 10 Sunflora's. Took me a while, but I managed. Charcadet and Nymble both made quick work, and the second gym badge was mine.

Wile exploring, I ran into a team Star base. Battled a grunt with a Houndour. It was really tough, since I was quite underleveled. It seems I have to train quite a bit before I can take on this base...

Tsukisha

I recently started.
Just picked Sprigatito as my starter and catching/battling some Pokémon all around the first routes.

Copley Hill Gym

So a quick update...

I have now defeated the Titans, and am just about to
face off against Arven for going to the Great Paldea Crater thing.

I have 7/8 gym badges and have the final part of starfall road to do. I intend to do the latter first.

Team is now:

Arctibax lv48
Finizen lv48
Pawmot lv50
Dachsbunn Lv50
Varoom lv51
Skeledirge lv52

The game's storyline and exploratory features are brilliant. Cannot fault it. The path of titans is absolutely amazing in particular.

I have now finished Starfall Road, and have to defeat
Arven
before finishing the Path of Titans, but have all eight gym badges now, having realised that I left one of the easier "last gyms" to last instead of doing the Ice type gym leader last (I did that one 5th!).

I have taken a breather to try and get my Pokedex numbers up. I am now officially at the halfway mark of 200 after catching my first
Legendary Pokemon, Ting-Lu
after a huge scramble around to unlock
its shrine.
I will now be chasing after getting to at least 300 caught before I take on Victory Road and
Arven
to get to the final bit of the story.

Team is now:

Palafin lv58
Pawmot lv58
Dachsbunn Lv58
Revaroom lv58
Skeledirge lv58
Baxcalibur Lv 59

Palafin, Dachsbunn and Baxcalibur. Best new Pokémon of this gen in my opinion. What absolute beasts! Dachsbunn in particular is a little cinnamon bun of godliness level strategy.

Palafin's looks have grown on me now I have seen it in motion. It is still definitely a dolphin, and putting it into water its model certainly makes a lot of sense...! Go try it out and you will see. The bulk of him and Baxcalibur have made this team really hard hitting.

Pawmot I am not sure I will keep on the team, whereas Varoom is something of an oddball but I like using it, a lot. Word to the wise, giving it black sludge so it regains health and then terastalising it into a steel type is a dumb move. Won't make that mistake again!

Skeledirge I have grown fond of, as a starter I feel more for the croc than I did for the last four gens worth of starters. Last time I was this fond of a starter was Pokémon Ruby, I think.

I am working on my review and I have so many things to say about this game, almost all positive. Cannot fault the writers this gen, they have pulled off a blinder.

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Been busy all weekend because of the Holiday so i didn't have time to do much but explore and gather items. Most interesting thing was finding 3 Sun Stones in the Desert. Thats the most Sun Stones i've seen in the whole pokemon series.

Atomic and Disco both evolved after a fight with a trainer with lvl 12 pokemon in South Area One, Lucky i didn't run into him before School. Was Looking for a flabebe for the Trade in Cortondo, with no luck. Did find a Wattrel in a Tera Den though, which is good since i hadn't found wild ones either. All my exploring made me decide to take on Klawf as my first Treasure Hunt objective. He wasn't difficult at all thanks to Disco's new evolution. Thought there was a pokeball on the cave floor in the cutscene, but couldn't go back in. After i got turbo i went exploring again to try and find Flabebe. on my way through south 5 i found a Pincurchin on the Secluded beach for a different trade. Wild Wattrel too surprisingly.

Then when i was eatting Grilled Rice Balls in Cascarrafa to try and help the Flabebe thing, my game Crashed. I was just pausing the game and putting switch in "Rest" mode, not saving at all. So now i'm back in Cortando like i haven't done anything since Friday :eek:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So I started attending the classes a Uva Academy, and I realized that stuff actually matters.

The classes unlock paths that help you build rapport with your teachers. Apparently, getting teachers to like you leads to special events and missions.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I'm four Gyms in, three for the other two. My Fuecoco finally fully evolved and I gotta say... Game Freak needs to stop making the Fire Starters the best ones. Three Gens in a row seems a bit excessive, don'cha think?

Pokefan_1987

Been trying to find a rockruff with own tempo using arcanine and ralts with trace and i've seen 10 rockruffs with no own tempo yet. They do have a good spawn rate though.

Luthor

For the first time I've got a completely random shiny before completing the league (the only time i've ever encountered a random shiny before post-game was legends Arceus which didn't have a true league) and....I've found two shiny pokemon without hunting for them. Lechonk which is cool in its own right but then a Shiny Cetoddle which is now a Ceititan (luckily I did find an ice stone prior) so that's cool as its shiny is really cool imo.

Red and Blue

Just finished Ryme's gym. Currently need to complete two more gyms, Star bases, and giant Pokemon. Kind of surprised they got rid of the disguise ability for Mimikyu.

Pokefan_1987

Just got to Montenevera Ghost Gym city... but this stupid City has no obvious path to find it :mad:

I eventually had to to use jumping glitches and glide across the mountain above the Ice Gym city just to get to this 8th Gym. This game needs a pathway system instead of just a waypoint. Even the most nearby tunnels only lead to the Ice Gym city...How did this even get through balance testing?

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Gen 8 did nerf it by simply lowering how much damage usually it takes, in short it's a sturdy but you keep way more health. But it looks like Steel types got a big damage buffs against Mimikyu?
I figured it out. Tinkaton has Mold Breaker which bypasses some of the abilities, such as Disguise. Never knew that until now

Got my shiny charm last night. A friend kindly donated some starters with HA's.

Started breeding for a shiny Sprigatito. 19 eggs later and one pops out with HA.

10 seconds later a shiny Cyclizar runs past me.

Best shiny lucky ive ever had.

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
Yesterday, I got my first shiny Pokémon in Pokémon Violet. It's a shiny Tarountala. Or, however it's spelled. It's red. :)

Kangaflora

I've decided to take my time with these games rather than rushing them. I haven't started Violet yet, but up to now, I have captured 75 Pokémon, have two Gym Badges, and two Titan Badges. I am currently on my way to earn my first Team Star Badge. I have Quaxwell, Pawmot, Flamigo, Mankey, Fletchinder, and I can't remember who I have as my sixth. I think it's a Grass type, I can't be too sure. Once I get Ditto, the breeding will begin, and once I get Magnemite, I will have in Rotation with Pawmot.