• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet/Violet - Recent Happenings Thread

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Cleared out Team Star’s Dark Base and made my way to Cascarrafa to set it as a Fly point to be able to return to it easier. A Shoormish I got from a Tera Raid thankfully had Poison Heal so I finally have a Pokémon to use as my catcher. Now currently focusing on filling my Pokédex before I take on Iono.

Current team:
Crocalor (Nizoont)
Clodsire (Miasmaros)
Azumarill (Praxis)
Watterl (Thorr)
Flittle (Hyness)
Tauros-Combat Breed (Askr)

Reserves:
Tinkatink (Susie)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I made it all the way to Menali in Scarlet to battle five trainers & get the Amulet Coin. Luckily, my Espathra was level 39 at the time. so disobedience aside I didn't have too much trouble with battling. Today, I got my first badge by beating Katy. My Tinkatink did a good job at beating her Tatountula & Nymble, but I struggled a bit with her Teddiursa & my Quaxly had to come in clutch & win. The end of the battle was definitely intense, though I'm going to make sure the rest of the boss battles won't be this easy. I then did tht olive roll challenge again & it was WAY tougher than I initially thought XD

Current Team:
  • Quaxly (Pacheco) @ lv. 15
  • Tinkatink (Dolores) @ lv. 15
  • Espathra (Carlos) @ lv. 40

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
caught a lvl 50 altaria while training for Medali :d

Missingno.Fan

I finally caught a Charcadet and took on the grass gym. I decided to do some exploring around and found a shiny Oinkologne. I named him Bacon.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
After the tough battle before the Fire Base, I decided to train and explore a bit in Paldea. During this a Wattrell was cought. Also had a tough battle against a trainer who kept using U-Turn.

While exploring and training my team, my Nymble evolved into Lokix. After a while I ran into a second Star Base. The trainers here didn't seem to be that tough as with the Fire base.

Quaxwell, Lokix and Mankey took quick care of the grunts. The boss Giacomo was a tougher battler than expected, but evetually Lokix took care of the Revaroom.

Afterwards, I ran to Cascarrafa to end the day.

Copley Hill Gym

I have now finished Starfall Road, and have to defeat
Arven
before finishing the Path of Titans, but have all eight gym badges now, having realised that I left one of the easier "last gyms" to last instead of doing the Ice type gym leader last (I did that one 5th!).

I have taken a breather to try and get my Pokedex numbers up. I am now officially at the halfway mark of 200 after catching my first
Legendary Pokemon, Ting-Lu
after a huge scramble around to unlock
its shrine.
I will now be chasing after getting to at least 300 caught before I take on Victory Road and
Arven
to get to the final bit of the story.

Team is now:

Palafin lv58
Pawmot lv58
Dachsbunn Lv58
Revaroom lv58
Skeledirge lv58
Baxcalibur Lv 59

Palafin, Dachsbunn and Baxcalibur. Best new Pokémon of this gen in my opinion. What absolute beasts! Dachsbunn in particular is a little cinnamon bun of godliness level strategy.

Palafin's looks have grown on me now I have seen it in motion. It is still definitely a dolphin, and putting it into water its model certainly makes a lot of sense...! Go try it out and you will see. The bulk of him and Baxcalibur have made this team really hard hitting.

Pawmot I am not sure I will keep on the team, whereas Varoom is something of an oddball but I like using it, a lot. Word to the wise, giving it black sludge so it regains health and then terastalising it into a steel type is a dumb move. Won't make that mistake again!

Skeledirge I have grown fond of, as a starter I feel more for the croc than I did for the last four gens worth of starters. Last time I was this fond of a starter was Pokémon Ruby, I think.

I am working on my review and I have so many things to say about this game, almost all positive. Cannot fault the writers this gen, they have pulled off a blinder.

So I went on a bit of a quest, and I am now
two thirds of the way through catching the legendary quartet - and yes, my unbeaten run of only using the basic poke ball to catch them all is still on, after 238 caught Pokémon!

The new legendary quartet are pretty incredible and their abilities feel a bit game breaking looking at them and their stats. Pretty fearsome looking, they may be some of the best themed and designed legendaries we have had in a decade.

I haven't even begun to start breeding for things, or using the wonder trade option yet, as my goal is to catch all the ones I can before I start doing that. A very strict rule for me is that outside of squad members, forms and shinies, I can only keep one Pokémon of each type in my Paldea living dex. This is proving more and more difficult when you suddenly find a Pokémon with a different tera type.

Team is now:

Palafin lv60
Pawmot lv60
Dachsbunn Lv61
Revaroom lv61
Skeledirge lv62
Baxcalibur Lv 63

Last edited:

Sponge

So I haven't posted in a while but a lot has happened since then! Since my last post I've fought the Poison Team Star leader, Normal gym leader, ghost gym leader, psychic gym leader and the ground titan.

The Poison Team Star leader was one of the toughest and longer fights I've faced so far. My Flittle hadn't evolved yet so it wasn't much use in the battle. The other challenges were a lot easier in comparison. In particular, the quaking earth titan was completely obliterated by my Scovillains Flamethrower. (kinda disappointing as I went into it thinking it would be harder)

Bombirdier and Garganacl were such a great tag team for the ghost gym battles too. (since Garganacl also has a ghost resistance from his ability)

On that note all of my Pokemon have evolved fully now:

Quaquaval (Calypso) lv 48
Garganacl (Brickerton) lv48
Scovillain (Mirasol) lv 48
Espathra (Saffia) lv 49
Revavroom (Harley) lv 48
Bombirdier (Morticia) lv 47

I don't feel like I have any weak links on the team now, they all pull their weight in different ways. Next up will be the ice type gym leader.

So since my last post I've defeated the ice gym leader, Fairy Team Star Leader, False Dragon Titan and the Fighting Team Star Leader. I also did the last part of the Titan Path, completing it. Next up I have to complete the Starfall Street Path and then take on the Elite Four.

Quaquaval (Calypso) lv 57
Garganacl (Brickerton) lv 56
Scovillain (Mirasol) lv 57
Espathra (Saffia) lv 58
Revavroom (Harley) lv 57
Bombirdier (Morticia) lv 56

Espathra was really helpful during some of these last challenges, she kinda started off pretty weak but she definitely got more use in the later challenges.

Pretty much confirming what I already knew, I just noticed my Garganacl has received the mark/title of "Reliable Partner". It always seems to be the one getting me out of a situation where I don't have a good type match up.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
After getting the second badge, defeating only one titan and one Team Star base the game keeps recommending me to take on the dragon titan despite it being 25 levels higher than me at the time. So I’ve been just looking at the levels of titans, gyms and Team Star bosses to help determine my path. I’m at 4 badges, 4 titans and 2 Team Star bosses now.

Copley Hill Gym

So I went on a bit of a quest, and I am now
two thirds of the way through catching the legendary quartet - and yes, my unbeaten run of only using the basic poke ball to catch them all is still on, after 238 caught Pokémon!

The new legendary quartet are pretty incredible and their abilities feel a bit game breaking looking at them and their stats. Pretty fearsome looking, they may be some of the best themed and designed legendaries we have had in a decade.

I haven't even begun to start breeding for things, or using the wonder trade option yet, as my goal is to catch all the ones I can before I start doing that. A very strict rule for me is that outside of squad members, forms and shinies, I can only keep one Pokémon of each type in my Paldea living dex. This is proving more and more difficult when you suddenly find a Pokémon with a different tera type.

Team is now:

Palafin lv60
Pawmot lv60
Dachsbunn Lv61
Revaroom lv61
Skeledirge lv62
Baxcalibur Lv 63

I have now caught the
legendary quartet, beaten Arven, and have just battled the Elite Four, who were surprisingly powerful, but matching up types and terrastalising at the right time sent them all packing.

I am now about to take on the
champion
with this team:

Palafin lv63
Pawmot lv63
Dachsbunn Lv63
Varoom lv63
Skeledirge lv64
Baxcalibur Lv 65

From there, it will be onto the Great Crater of Paldea...

Last edited:

mbruno

I have now caught the
legendary quartet, beaten Arven, and have just battled the Elite Four, who were surprisingly powerful, but matching up types and terrastalising at the right time sent them all packing.

I am now about to take on the
champion
with this team:

Palafin lv63
Pawmot lv63
Dachsbunn Lv63
Varoom lv63
Skeledirge lv64
Baxcalibur Lv 65

From there, it will be onto the Great Crater of Paldea...
Have you not evolved Varoom into Revavroom for some reason? Varoom evolves at level 40.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
I beat Violet version just now. I think I like the future Pokemon better than the ancient ones from Scarlet.

scififan21

I beat the last Titan this morning thanks to Meowscarda and Dashbun my boys are great despite being about 10 levels under for the False Dragon one. XD Going for Gym Badge 7 tonight after work. That Titan storyline had me tearing up at the end doesn't help I nicknamed mine after my dog and she is pretty old. Also so underleveled for the fight with Arven time to finish the last two gyms first. XD

PsychoLogical

Found a shiny female Salandit :D

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Decided to jet ahead to catch a Girafarig I was planning on using on my team, in the process of scouting for one with Early Bird (so I will get Armor Tail when it evolves, thank Arceus that I have a Trace Kirlia) I also caught a Ditto disguising itself as my intended target. Defeated Iono and cleared out the Fire Team Star base. Also got a Hidden Ability Dratini from a 3-star Raid I came across, certainly much earlier compared to Sword/Shield outside of Raid events.

Current team:
Crocalor (Nizoont)
Kilowatterl (Thorr)
Tinkatuff (Susie)
Clodsire (Miasmaros)
Tauros, Combat Breed (Askr)
Azumarill (Praxis)

Reserves:
Girafarig (Floria)

PsychoLogical

I finally fking made it to Gym 6 after getting lost in this stupidass mountain.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Now that it was time to return the Shedar Base, I passed by a second titan: Bombirdier. The battle went pretty good thanks to Wattrell, who evolved after the fight.

Arriving at Shedar Base, I took quick care of the Grunts. Went smoother than with the Segin Squad. The battle with with Mela was hard, but I took her out.

After that I went to Levincia to take on the Electric gym. I had some fun participating in the Stream. I took out Wattrell, Bellibolt and Luxio without that mouch trouble, but Mismagius was really really tough. I forgot about the levitate ability. Toedscool, Maschiff and Wattrell were able to bring him to low health. I kept Mankey as my last Pokémon so I could take it out with Seismic Toss. With a hit in confusion and a Hex Mankey was put at 4HP. But Mankey luckily snapped out of confusion after 1 turn and Iono was defeated. With this victory, Mankey evolved into Primeape.

Now I had to track back to Cascarrafa for the 4th gym. On the way there I defeated some trainers and wild Pokémon where Maschiff and Toadscool evolved.

Tsukisha

After a lot of scouting and Pokémon caught all around the vast region of Paldea, I was able to get the second gym badge.
My team at the moment consists of Floragato, Naclstack, Tauros, Cyclizar and two randoms.