• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet/Violet - Recent Happenings Thread

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
80 hours in. Here is my progression so far, have not battled the bosses of each path yet. Enroute to meet Eli.

4GOCiKx.jpg

TEAM:

oW6hDSl.png
— Lv. 54
13KuIXA.png
— Lv. 54
lN2iGLO.png
— Lv. 54
A5ttv5X.png
— Lv. 54
KVLYdrz.png
— Lv. 54
B5YKZ0I.png
9KjBWWN.png
— Lv. 54
FwNi968.png
— Lv. 54
Dd5MwpR.png
— Lv. 54
ZDe6Noh.png
— Lv. 54
cxarUAd.png
— Lv. 53
dxfbArd.png
9KjBWWN.png
— Lv. 52
drM84hV.png
— Lv. 48
w7eooUK.png
— Lv. 45

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I've started a playthrough of Scarlet today, I'm in Cortondo and I've just finished the Bug Gym. I'm planning to just go with the weakest-to-strongest order, so it's Titan Klawf next, however I may stay in the Cortondo area for a bit until I can find an Eevee, I've done two Eevee Tera Raids so far but I'm hoping to catch a female eventually.

My team is Sprigatito, Charcadet, Pawmi, Wooper, Lechonk and Fletchling, though those first two are the only ones I'm planning to keep on the team all the way through. So far I've been enjoying the game, not quite as much as Sword and Shield, but more than BD/SP or Legends Arceus. The larger map is a bit overwhelming to start with, but I primarily stick to the main paths unless there's something I want in one of the far-off areas.

scififan21

Beat all the main story stuff. Just finished The Path Home and have to go to talk to the Director I wonder what is next? Man I feel bad for Arven twice over in this game guy just has sad stuff happening to him. :( Also didn't see that coming and I won't say exactly because it is huge story spoiler.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Beat all the main story stuff. Just finished The Path Home and have to go to talk to the Director I wonder what is next? Man I feel bad for Arven twice over in this game guy just has sad stuff happening to him. :( Also didn't see that coming and I won't say exactly because it is huge story spoiler.
How many hours were u on the game ?

scififan21

How many hours were u on the game ?
I'll have to check probably around and between forty or fifty? I did a decent amount of exploring in between but avoided towns mostly except for sandwiches.

janejane6178

I'll have to check probably around and between forty or fifty? I did a decent amount of exploring in between but avoided towns mostly except for sandwiches.
There isn’t much to do in the towns anyway. Can’t enter buildings and can’t even talk to most NPCs

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Two interesting things happened to me today:

First, I learned that you can join other people's mass outbreaks if you join them in CO-OP mode. I noticed that my Violet game was having an outbreak of Mankey, but I wanted to have one on my Scarlet team. I did an experiment where I had my Scarlet entered a co-op and I was able to join the attend the outbreak! I then caught myself a Mankey and added it to my team, so now there are other uses for CO-OP besides evolving Finizen!!!

Second, I had a funny little glitch happened when I had Korraidon jump over the Mesagoza fence to get to South Providence. Somehow I was able to go straight to the Pokemon League instead. I caught a Tandemaus while I was there (and to my luck it had a Scholar mark), & then I flew back to the school to avoid any other glitches just in cased it crashed my game :p

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Defeated Kofu at Cascarrafa and spent a bit of time catching the Pokémon inhabiting the area close to Porto Marinada, did not have to go through too many Salandit before I found a female. Later headed to where Team Star’s Navi Base is located and took down its leader, Atticus. Currently at Zapapico while I plot a path to Medali.

Current team:
Skeledirge (Nizoont)
Azumarill (Praxis)
Kilowatterl (Thorr)
Tauros, Combat Breed (Askr)
Clodsire (Miasmaros)
Farigiraf (Floria)

Reserves:
Tinkatuff (Susie)

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Day 2 of my Scarlet playthrough, I'm in Levincia getting ready to challenge the Electric Gym. So far I've done the Bug and Grass Gyms, the Rock and Flying Titans, and the Dark Team Star Boss, and while I did struggle at the start, the ball is definitely rolling now, and I'm enjoying the game a lot more. My team consists of:

- Mary Jane - Level 25 Female Floragato
- Galloway - Level 24 Male Combat Breed Tauros
- Hot Shot - Level 22 Male Charcadet
- Toady - Level 24 Male Clodsire
- Amphitrite - Level 22 Female Eevee

With Amphitrite, even though her Teran power is Electric, I'm planning to evolve her into Vaporeon once Evolution Stones are available in the shops. She's tried to evolve once already, so I'm sticking her in the PC until I can get a Water Stone, which from what I've heard becomes available after you do seven story missions, and I'm about to do my sixth so not too long. In the mean time I may swim out to the sea and see if I can catch Skrelp.

14 hours in Violet and so far only beaten the bug gym and the Klawf titan. I just love getting lost in the open world and hunting down new pokemon

My team so far all level 17
. Quaxly
. Shroodle
. Tinkatink
. Nacli
. Capsakid
. Flittle

janejane6178

Two interesting things happened to me today:

First, I learned that you can join other people's mass outbreaks if you join them in CO-OP mode. I noticed that my Violet game was having an outbreak of Mankey, but I wanted to have one on my Scarlet team. I did an experiment where I had my Scarlet entered a co-op and I was able to join the attend the outbreak! I then caught myself a Mankey and added it to my team, so now there are other uses for CO-OP besides evolving Finizen!!!

Second, I had a funny little glitch happened when I had Korraidon jump over the Mesagoza fence to get to South Providence. Somehow I was able to go straight to the Pokemon League instead. I caught a Tandemaus while I was there (and to my luck it had a Scholar mark), & then I flew back to the school to avoid any other glitches just in cased it crashed my game :p
And I learned from your post just now that there r mass outbreaks in these games

Ga|2y

unReal™ Explorer
Just finished the 3 roads and getting ready to head into the crater. Been playin very casually since last Friday - had many different events with friends and family, so today I caught up on the game.

Also, starting to build my competitive team, first focus will be on Hatterene and Lucario.

Mysteryguy

Rainbow Trainer
I'm playing Violet. Currently going through some new lessons/midterms in Uva Academy.

I have a little over 170 pokemon in my dex right now and beat 3 gym leaders, 3 titans and 2 team star raids. Swapping between an A-team and a B-team. The A-team has only Paldean pokemon in it, the B-team only non-Paldean pokemon.

A-team consists of pokemon around L32
Quaxwell
Scovillain
Mabosstiff
Tinkatuff
Naclstack
Kilowattrel

I would kind of like to have a Ground or Psychic type though, so it's not completely set in stone, but it's pretty good. I love Scovillain, awesome pokemon.

B-team consists of pokemon around L29/30
Ampharos
Cloyster
Breloom
Grumpig
Donphan
Fletchinder

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Crafted an Ice Punch TM for Azumarill before heading out for Medali from Port Marinada. Before taking on Gym headed back to West Province Area 3 to defeat enough trainers to be able to be rewarded the Amulet Coin from the League rep at the eastern Medali Pokemon Centre. Recently passed the Gym test and about to take on the Gym Leader.

Current team:
Skeldrige (Nizoont)
Azumarill (Praxis)
Clodsire (Miasmaros)
Tinkatuff (Susie)
Kilowatterl (Thorr)
Tauros, Combat Breed (Askr)

Reserves:
Farigiraf (Floria)

Tsukisha

I defeated the Electric-type gym leader (three badges right now) and, after that, the Poison-type Team Star division.
My team at the moment consists of Floragato, Naclstack, Flamigo, Tauros, Finizen and Esphatra (my ace).

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Going to type it a bit out of character, too much has happened to type it all out. Had done so much over the last couple of days. Only got the last Starfall boss to defeat. But I got to say, Primeape / Annihilape is the real MVP's of my squad. She has won me so many tough battles, it's crazy. Use it more than my Starter. For some reason the Starfall bosses are actually tougher than the Gym Leaders. The Fairy Boss was really tough since I didn't really have a Pokémon with a clear type advantage or a poison move. The titan Pokémon are a bit too easy, if you have the type advantage. Only had some issues with Tatseguri. But it eventually went.

Last edited:

Damjean

Defeated the champion. If I must be honest; She's too easy...

But went down in the crater en found there my first random shiny of the game; Venomoth.

Put it in my team for Rabsca. Eventually I want only poison type pokemons in my main team, but first I want to play the game normal.

Team:
Salamence
Muk
Venomoth
Annihilape
Kilowattrel
Appletun (training him to lvl 50 and then swapping it)

Feltzer

Finished my Pokédex last night!

Still have to do the last battle at the academy to unlock the highest ranked tera raids though. After that I want to try to get a foreign ditto and work on some shinies/battle viable Pokes. Also seen you can trade in game for a regular Wooper so I wonder if there’s any other ‘hidden’ Pokémon like that…

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Day 3 of my Scarlet playthrough, and everything's going pretty well. I've done five Gyms, three Titans and three Team Star Raids, and now I'm on my way to the Ghost Gym. Something I have noticed with this game, not sure if it's a glitch or not, but the day/night cycle is all over the place. No matter what time of day it is, it always switches to night when I get to a new city or do a Gym, and then day again once I've finished a story mission.

My team is:
- Mary Jane, level 39 Female Meowscarada
- Buzzsaw, level 37 Male Kilowattrel
- Hot Shot, level 36 Male Armarouge
- Kelpie, level 38 Male Skrelp
- Amphitrite, level 36 Female Vaporeon
- Galloway, level 36 Male Combat Breed Tauros.