• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet/Violet - Recent Happenings Thread

ebevan91

So I just accidentally found out that I've battled more shinies than I actually have...

I wonder who I missed? Surely it was one of the new Pokemon.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Defeated Larry and returned back to the Academy for a few more lessons, among them the mid-term test for History. Began the long trek to Montenerva, thank Arceus the base of the mountain is a Fly point so you can return back to a Pokemon Centre for supplies. Got a bit sidetracked catching Pokemon en route but I arrived Montenerva, somewhat fitting the way up to it is home to a lot of wild Greavard.

Current team:
Skeledrige (Nizoont)
Azumarill (Praxis)
Clodsire (Miasmaros)
Tinkaton (Susie)
Kilowatterl (Thorr)
Tauros, Combat Breed (Askr)

Reserves:
Farigiraf (Floria)

Sarefan

Hylden General.
It was finally time, after some training I tackeled the final battles:

First up was Arven, I went back to the lighthouse and discovered the secrets from his dad. Before we go to Area Zero, Arven wanted to make sure he was ready. We batteled it out and I took the victory. Now we just need a couple more people to help us out. I'll have to look aroud for help.

Next up, I went to the Academy, where Clive was waiting for me. It turned out that Clive was actually Mr Clavell and tole me he was Cassiopea. As a final test for defeating Team Star, he challenged me but I made quick work of him. It turned out, he wasn't Cassiopea at all and he was waiting for me at the schoolyard. When I went here, Penny was waiting for me. Fighting all Eeveelutions took some stratigy, but I managed. The whole Star crew saw the battle and they were all happy to hear they can keep doing what they''re doing.

Now it's my final test: the Elite Four! On my way there Penny thanked me for everything. At the building, I had to do an exam which I passed with flying colours. It's been a while since I've fought an Elite Four in a gauntlet match. Rika, Poppy and Larry were good matches, but against Hassel, I really struggeled. It came down to the wire: a lucky paralasis from Kilowattrel's Thunderbolt made me outspead Baxcalibur to hit the finishing blow. I went into the next room, and Geeta was waiting for me. I had a strategy prepared which worked perfectly. Geeta was defeated, and I became champion. While leaving the building, Nemona was waiting for me to challenge me for a battle. I healed my team up, and ran to the center of Mezagoza for our final match. This was a really hard fought battle. Her Goodra was a real manace, but Kilowattrell's Thunderbolt was a life saver again. In the final matchup, it all went full circle with Qauquaval vs Skeledirge.

After these battles, it was finally time to hit the bed. Tomorrow will be another busy day when I'll head out to explore Area Zero.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Did a 5 star raid with online people. Thought it would be easy with level 55 Garchomp since the raid was a Toxtricity with Electric. Toxtricity's Poison Jab and Boomburst were really powerful and even my Terastallize Ground boosted Bulldoze was barely hurting it. Turned out when i caught it... that it was level 75 and has the Hidden Ability Technician. That's why it hits so hard

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Day 4 of my playthrough, I've now finished the Starfall Street and Path of Legends storyline, the last thing to do is the Elite Four and Champion, then it's on to Area Zero and the end of the game. I'm about 20 hours into my game, I haven't done much in the way of exploring, mostly just sticking to the main paths between story missions, and my team are all level 60.

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Cleared the Gym test and Gym Leader battle at Montenerva, all the battle being Double Battles is quite nifty particularly with the crowd able to give you boosts for doing well in the battle. Returned to the Asado Desert to defeat the Titan Pokemon that resides there, also made sure to catch it once the story objective involving it is done. Going to be working on beating enough Trainers there to claim the reward from Cascarrafa before I head for the Psychic Gym.

Current team:
Skeledrige (Nizoont)
Azumarill (Praxis)
Clodsire (Miasmaros)
Farigiraf (Floria)
Kilowatterl (Thorr)

Reserves:
Tinkaton (Susie)

Tsukisha

I got my sixth gym badge after a lot of scouting and training all around the snowy Mount Glaseado. In search of another adventure right now.
My team at the moment consists of: Meowscarada, Flamigo, Tauros, Espathra, Tinkaton and Glimmora - all of them are level 50.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I currently am close to facing Tulip, I have 6 badges, 3 Team Star defeated and 4 Titans.

I am having a Team no significant Trainer uses consisting of (all around lv 45):
Quaquavel
Grafaiai
Rebsca
Bombirdier
Gimmighoul (collecting the coins is a pain, I'm around 450 now)
Great Tusk

I'm considering switching Gimmighoul for Brambleghast but I'm not sure.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
In Scarlet, I defeated Katy and the Titan Klawf. I also did the Sunflora Gym test and am ready to battle Brassius.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Finally did my first "Story" Thing and defeated the Bug Gym in Cortondo. Aqua had no problems against Katy's first two bugs. But i made the mistake of Teralizing against Teddiursa and losing my resistance to bug moves. Luckily Disco managed to come in and Handle it no problem. After the gym battle i spotted a Jigglypuff outbreak outside of town. I'm not much for Shiny hunting, so i didn't expect much. No shiny Jigglypuff, but i did find a Shiny Kricketot running around. Was level 10 so i evolved it to Kricketune immediately. As for Jigglypuff i found one almost as small as an Igglybuff. So i now have the worlds smallest Wigglytuff. Ny next Detour were trips back Home and to school. I thought maybe that the pictures you get for winning badges would be in Your Dorm or a room at the house. I guess they are unavailable after you see them. Did all available level 1 Classes for the moment, so my trip wasn't completely pointless. Next stop then, was Titan Bombirdier. I think it's supposed to be our 4th stop level wise, but i have 2 electric types and Disco as back up. Kirby had trouble against the first form once i terralized into pure Fairy, but Aqua handled it. Then the 2nd fight was really easy as Bombirdier only targeted Arvin. Once i got surf i went exploring agian and found a Shiny Azumarill in West Area 2. Quick ball helped since im still underlevel for the area.

Good news is now i have 3 Shiny pokemon in my PC boxes and this is the most ive ever had in 1 game file.
Bad News is i'm horrible with The Terralize thing

Team
Disco - Quaxwell - lvl 22
Atomic - Raichu - lvl 19
Glooper - P. Wooper - lvl 19
Aqua - Wattrel - lvl 20
MoonDust - Sunflora lvl 20
Kirby - Tinkatink lvl 19

Last edited:

Orphalesion

So I had almost zero time to play, and I only just defeated the second Gym.

But...
The other day when I was on my way to beat the Klawff titan...I came across a wild Tinkatink and caught it! I hadn't even beat the second gym and I caught a Tinkatink! I had expected that I'd have to wait till mid-late game to find one!

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
So I had almost zero time to play, and I only just defeated the second Gym.

But...
The other day when I was on my way to beat the Klawff titan...I came across a wild Tinkatink and caught it! I hadn't even beat the second gym and I caught a Tinkatink! I had expected that I'd have to wait till mid-late game to find one!
Best line in the game

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I've now finished the main story of Scarlet, I may leave it a few days before I start post-game. As I've said before, I like the game more than BD/SP and Legends: Arceus, but not as much as X and Y, Sun and Moon or Sword and Shield. I do intend on buying Violet soon, probably either after Christmas or when Pokemon Home support is ready.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Defeated enough trainers to receive the reward from the Gym rep at Cascarrafa (which turned out to be the Earthquake TM). Arrived at Alfornada via Alfornada Cavern and had my fifth battle against Nemona. Recently passed Alfornada's Gym test and going to the take on the Gym next, somewhat hard not to succumb to the urge to catch Pokemon since they can overlevel your squad.

Current team:
Skeledrige (Nizoont)
Azumarill (Praxis)
Tinkaton (Susie)
Farigiraf (Floria)
Kilowatterl (Thorr)

Reserves:
Clodsire (Miasmaros)

CiciStormy

Living Rotomdex
I was played a second file on Violet, doing a challenge run where I only used Cynthia's Pokemon(I used the Braviary and Elektross she uses in Gen 5 to replace the MIA Roserade and Milotic, and those Pokemon are strong, I never realized how bulky Elektross was and how powerful Braviary was until I did this) and I actually managed to clear all three storylines with the team of Garchomp, Lucario, Gastrodon, Elektross, Braviary and Spiritomb. I lost to Tulip because I forgot Spiritomb is weak to two of her team and Lucario died before he could use any Steel moves on them, had to grind ten levels and try again, but that was the only hiccup, I used Chanseys to get everyone to Level 83 and just wrecked house.

On Scarlet, I managed to get all of the Titans and am at the final battle in Path of Legends. I still have three gyms to go(Afornada, Montrevere and Glasaedo) and two Star Bases(the tough ones - Fairy and Fighting crew)...

And I released and caught Chi-Yu, which required three Timer Balls and I nearly wiped to it because the only team I had at the time was a Level 80 Breloom and two Level 53 Pokemon(Zweilous and Larvesta) I was raising to evolve them, and if you know these two guys, you know how long it takes to evolve them. So yeah, my Pokemon I used for weakening for capture was a Level 80 Breloom, which is weak to the two attacks Chi-Yu comes with - Bounce and Lava Plume. It died to burn after getting hit with Lava Plume so I had to sac the other two mons to revive Breloom and spam Spore in hopes that it would stay asleep. That flaming goldfish took me back to Ruby and Sapphire when I was trying to catch the dang Regis. The only reason I bothered was for the Pokedex and a video told me Chi-Yu was needed to spam the Ace Academy Tournament to farm money.

I can't even use it because, as I said, I still have three gyms to clear, and Breloom fails on all of them. I need to get back to raising my team to sweep Grusha's ice whale, Tulip's dumb ostrich(another reason I got wiped by Tulip with my Cynthia Junior challenge was because I used an X-Speed and X-Special Attack and didn't know about Espartha's $*!*$!@* Opportunist ability that copies the buffs, so it swept my entire team with Lumina Crash at 2x Sp.Atk and outsped at 2x speed), and Rime's double battles.

And yeah, I play other games and waste my time watching Youtube so I'm never gonna unlock the Charizard raids. I could on my Cynthia Junior challenge, but I had the game on mute the whole time and I felt cheated so I'm gonna try to finish Scarlet first.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Defeated Tulip at the Alfornada Gym then made my way to Grusha’s outpost in the Glaseado Mountains. Both the Gym test and the battle were pretty easy for my team, admittedly the “fake out” part with the Cetoddle before Grusha’s battle was quite amusing. While I can now head for the Pokemon League I am going to first complete the Starfall Street and Path of Legends storylines first.

Current team:
Skeledrige (Nizoont)
Azumarill (Praxis)
Tinkaton (Susie)
Clodsire (Miasmaros)
Kilowatterl (Thorr)

Reserves:
Farigiraf (Floria)

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
As if my game crashing last week wasn't bad already, now it fully corrupted.

Dont know what i did to cause it, but i did have problems with Haircuts at one point. I got a haircut the lady said couldnt use a hat so she took it off, But the clothes menu said it was still on. I then got 3 other haircuts unsuccessfully looking for a "Hat useable one".

Dont know if that caused it or if it was me trying to get into the "Blocked/censored area" in the north of the map.

Hope the Patch today fixed some things. Now im back in Poco Path with a new Quaxly named Quizzler

Team
Quizzler - lvl 6 Quaxly

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Gotta say I am so happy that with the patch pokemon now close their eyes when sleeping in battle. Thought that feature was simply lost for this game.

Beat the event Charizard just barely using the Azumarill strategy, and lucked out on getting not one but two Ability Patches.

My journey through the main game was long and eventful, not sure I've ever spent this much time doing the story of a mainline pokemon game or liked a rival so much before (Nemona is just amazing in all her quirks). Admittedly a good deal of that time was trying to find raids of specific pokemon with hidden abilities (mostly unsuccessful) or really large individuals of pokemon that I thought looked great at larger sizes for the team.

Final team:

Skeledirge (four legged, animalistic starter and its a crocodile, love this guy)
Clodsire (its bulk, typing and Water Absorb was very useful, also lucked out on it being the "bulky, reliable" size)
Kilowattrel ("bulky, reliable" size, might be my favorite regional bird, this thing is majestic)
Farigiraf ("bulky, reliable" size, love Armor Tail)
Breloom (wanted a Technician one, but Effect Spore proved quite useful)
Veluza/Drednaw (tried to use Veluza for a while, but Fillet Away was not reliable and without Sharpness the pokemon underperformed, so late game replaced it with a "bulky, reliable" size Drednaw and had it learn Shell Smash).

Also spent a lot of time trying to find the Treasures of Ruin stakes without a guide, and eventually gave up after finding enough to unlock one and all but a few of the stakes for the other three shrines (I seem to just not be that good at this kind of thing).

As for shinies, I've only found one (though who knows how many I may have just not noticed), but it was notable. I was exploring the nearby mountain after doing Tulip's gym, and a herd of Donphan rolled on past me. I did a double take upon noticing one of the Donphan was shiny and proceeded to catch it.