• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet/Violet - Recent Happenings Thread

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Got really lucky. Got a Sprigatito in a surprise trade although i'm indifferent to its evolved forms. So cute it even has a quirky nature so its neither boosted or weakened by stats
-
EDIT: Just 40 minutes later and i also got Quaxly from a trade.

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
The recent patch now ensuring sleeping Pokemon close their eyes in battle definitely makes the gameplay experience much nicer. In regards to my gameplay progress I defeated the Fairy-type Team Star leader and made my way to the North Provience Area One Pokemon Centre so I can more easily return there when I ready to tackle the last Team Star leader. Going to be doing a bit of exploring of Casseroya Lake first before going after the last Titan Pokemon.

Current team:
Skeledrige (Nizoont)
Azumarill (Praxis)
Tinkaton (Susie)
Clodsire (Miasmaros)
Kilowatterl (Thorr)
Tauros, Combat Breed (Askr)

Reserves:
Farigiraf (Floria)

Jeppo

Woah. Did a Charizard tera raid and got a perfect IV'ed, modest one with its hidden ability. I feel lucky!

Luthor

Just finished the academy ace tournament and I just beat Geeta's team using one Pokemon. Which was the same as our initial battle which also used one pokemon. I was hoping she'd upgrade her team for the rematch.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Just took down a third Team Star base, but now I don't wanna fight Team Star anymore.

Now that I'm learning how they came to be, I feel like such a jerk. I wish I could join them instead.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I currently am close to facing Tulip, I have 6 badges, 3 Team Star defeated and 4 Titans.

I am having a Team no significant Trainer uses consisting of (all around lv 45):
Quaquavel
Grafaiai
Rebsca
Bombirdier
Gimmighoul (collecting the coins is a pain, I'm around 450 now)
Great Tusk

I'm considering switching Gimmighoul for Brambleghast but I'm not sure.
Eventually I switched Gimmighoul for Brambleghast which was a good choice.
It proven its worth vs Dragon Titan where not only did it easily defeat Dondozo with Grass Knot but also got a boost as Tatsugiri wanted to use Icy Wind against it.

I currently defeated Sara which was quite hard to be honest, I needed 3 attempts but Great Tusk was the MVP there as it one shot Roaring Moon and helped in defeating some more Paradoxes. I was like 5-6 levels below Sada.

I was thinking about creating a Legendary Team to use vs Gym Leader rematches and Academy Tournament but I realized the Team would have Koraidon, 4 Ruins and, by a stretch Roaring Moon which would be extremely weak against Fairy, Bug and Fighting moves so not sure if it will come into fruition.

CiciStormy

Living Rotomdex
As if my game crashing last week wasn't bad already, now it fully corrupted.

Dont know what i did to cause it, but i did have problems with Haircuts at one point. I got a haircut the lady said couldnt use a hat so she took it off, But the clothes menu said it was still on. I then got 3 other haircuts unsuccessfully looking for a "Hat useable one".

Dont know if that caused it or if it was me trying to get into the "Blocked/censored area" in the north of the map.

Hope the Patch today fixed some things. Now im back in Poco Path with a new Quaxly named Quizzler

Team
Quizzler - lvl 6 Quaxly
Sorry to hear that your game corrupted and you lost your save. That sucks especially if you had made a lot of progress. :( Good luck on your next run.

Anyways, here is where I have going so far:

Scarlet: I have just reached Ortega's base and am farming Chansey around the area. My catch-weakener is a Breloom... which was a bad choice for this area as I accidentally triggered the grunt guard battle and had to fight a guy with two high-level Fairy types... with a Fighting type. I couldn't even switch out as I was training weaklings to evolve them and none of them were anything but fodder for these Level 45 Pokemon. I was lucky Breloom was overleveled and could take a Fairy hit. Also didn't help that I picked a fight with the flaming goldfish and nearly wiped trying to catch the dang thing. Took me 5 Timer Balls and 10 assorted balls to finally catch Chi-Yu... and I can't even use it as I only have 5 gym badges. X_X
> Path of Legends: Just defeated the last Titan a while ago. I did False Dragon first to climb over mountains and then Earth Quaking Titan last.
Saw the movie with Mabostiff, which I think I turned off in my Violet copy. It was poignant. Now I have yet to battle Arwen.
> Starfall Street: Just reach Ortega's base. He and Eri are the last ones I have to clear. I am grinding my team to take them out.
> Victory Road: As I said, I only have five badges. The only gyms left all run Level 40+ Pokemon so I need to grind out my team before I go there.

Violet #1: My character is actually not doing the story. She's been hitting every fast travel Pokemon center and grinding up her own team on the Chansey near Fairy Crew HQ as well to fill out her Pokedex. I traded her an egg for Feucoco(traded it from File #2 to Scarlet and then from there to this file) and Sprigatito to hatch as eggs do not hit you with mean rebellion if you overlevel them if you hatch them on that file. For those in the know, if you trade a Pokemon to someone and trade it back, even if it was yours to begin with, it'll act like a traded Pokemon and disobey once you exceed a level cap, so the usual process of trading Pokemon to make them Level 100 and trading them back won't work. Traded eggs which hatch into Pokemon won't disobey if you go past the level cap. This is great as I now have all three starters fully evolved thanks to Chansey Supply(LOLZ) in this file. This file is going to gather and egg up a ton of Pokemon which I will as rotating teams before I take on any stories, just to try out various team builds. ^_^

Violet #2: The "Cynthia Jr." file which I traded some Feucoco eggs from. I completed all three stories using Cynthia's Pokemon. I don't feel the urge to do the final part(Area Zero) right now so it's on ice for the time being.

Teams:

Scarlet:
  • Morgana the Meowscarada
  • Risette the Azumarill
  • Firebird the Talonflame
  • Lavenza the Tinkaton
  • Skull the Garchomp
I have yet to get a sixth member of this team

Violet #1 (Kasumi): Unsure what to run. I have been training a Mismagius and Wigglytuff because Fairy counters weaknesses Ghost has, but I really would like to replace Mismagius with Gholdengo. I need to find a good type to balance out the weaknesses of a Steel/Ghost... and I won't be getting Goldengho for a long time as I have to farm Gimmighoul chests to get enough coins for the evolution. Might drop that and go with Ceruledge instead as that ghost-type looks sick, but I need something counteracts the weaknesses of Fire/Ghost.

As I said, I will be raising four-Pokemon teams for each of the main stories. I might put each of the starters in a separate team.

Violet #2: The Cynthia Jr. Team includes:
  • Lucario
  • Garchomp
  • Braviary
  • Elektross (Tyanmo is odd Tera typed because I got the Tynamo in a raid.)
  • Gastrodon
  • Spiritomb (took forever to find)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
After beating Brasius in Scarlet, I've been spending the last few days exploring the region, collecting crafting materials, & bonding with my team. I've actually been having lots of fun going all around Paldea, discovering new areas in places I've already visited. Also, aside from a few minor glitches, a lot of the locations have been beautiful (especially when looking at cities and provinces from the tops of mountains, & I've been taking a lot of pictures of my adventures. As for team changes, I sent my shiny Squawkabilly to my Violet game and received a shiny Nymble from somone in a WiFi trade, & I caught a Charcadet last night that I'm currently EV training into a bulky Armarouge. I also got someone from a Discord server help me change my Quaxly's tera type to Fire & I absolutely LOVE IT!! I picked Quaxly for my Scarlet playthrough since it felt the most like Scorbunny to me before the starter evolutions were revealed, & now it's like I have my own special Fire starter!!

Additionally, I had enough EXP candies to train one of my extra pokemon to level 100. so I've also been taking part in the 5-7 star raids online & I LOVE the prizes I've been getting with them.

Current Team:
  • Pacheco (Quaxly)
  • Dolores (Tinkatink)
  • Carlos (Espathra)
  • Taborda (Mankey)
  • Arturo (Nymble)
  • Laia (Charcadet)

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Got sidetracked looking for the Liquidation TM for Azumarill but I defeated the False Dragon Titan which was a simple task for Clodsire and Azumarill. Spent some time exploring the areas now accessible with the climbing feature I recently unlocked before making my way to the Pokemon Centre near the last Team Star base, going to be focusing on getting the rewards from the Pokemon League reps at North Province Areas 1 and 2. Also took a History class which hinted at four Pokemon sealed at Paldea.

Current team:
Skeledrige (Nizoont)
Azumarill (Praxis)
Tinkaton (Susie)
Kilowatterl (Thorr)
Tauros, Combat Breed (Askr)
Farigiraf (Floria)

Reserves:
Clodsire (Miasmaros)

Last edited:

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I've been doing a few post-game things and my goal right now is getting the team up to level 100 (they're each at level 80 now). I've caught Chien-Pao, Wo-Chien, and most of the Paradox Pokemon, I'm just missing Sandy Shocks and Roaring Moon, neither of which appear whenever I go to Area Zero. I've also done the Gym rematches and Academy Ace Tournament, which were all pretty straight-forward. For Tera Raids, I'm mostly focusing on Water and Poison ones, because I want to eventually change the Teran types for my Vaporeon (currently Electric) and Dragalge (currently Water).

Luthor

I've been doing a few post-game things and my goal right now is getting the team up to level 100 (they're each at level 80 now). I've caught Chien-Pao, Wo-Chien, and most of the Paradox Pokemon, I'm just missing Sandy Shocks and Roaring Moon, neither of which appear whenever I go to Area Zero. I've also done the Gym rematches and Academy Ace Tournament, which were all pretty straight-forward. For Tera Raids, I'm mostly focusing on Water and Poison ones, because I want to eventually change the Teran types for my Vaporeon (currently Electric) and Dragalge (currently Water).

Assuming you are playing scarlet there's a specific area you can find Roaring moon. Its hidden though. In violet that's where I found Iron Valiant.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Sorry to hear that your game corrupted and you lost your save. That sucks especially if you had made a lot of progress. Good luck on your next run.

Actually had 6/18 objectives when it corrupted. The day before it corrupted i did Team Star: Dark and Fire, Grass Gym, and Klawf Titan. Had Bug Gym and Bombirdier a few days before.

Plan on using the same team as before the corruption, so i made it to Mezagoza with a new Pichu, Wooper and my Quaxly. One difference this time was finding out you can get to the Pokemon league building as soon as the Treasure hunt starts. So i caught a Tandemaus for Pick Up. I know with the Open World, i'll find more potions and money than i know what to do with, but why not. Decided to go for Klawf first this time instead of to Cortando and the Bug gym. Dashing will make my normal exploration a lot faster. I did get lost in the cliffs and Valleys like Nemona said would happen though. Thought i'd end up in Team Stars fire base,a few times if not for rock walls. Found the Tinkatink ruins, so i have 3/4 of my old team. While lost i spent time searching for Small or Large pokemon. Fun distraction seeing a Shinx almost as small as Pichu, who seems smaller than usual to begin with. By the time i got back on the main path, Quizzler and Cheese evolved and everyone was lvl 17-18. Made the Klawf battle super easy too.

Next trip will be back over to West area 1 for the return of Wattrel.

Team
Quizzler - lvl 19 Quaxwell
Glooper - lvl 17 Wooper
Gumball - lvl 18 Tinkatink
Cheese - lvl 17 Raichu
Quadette - 19 Tandemaus
Klawful - lvl 16 Klawf

Last edited:

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Assuming you are playing scarlet there's a specific area you can find Roaring moon. Its hidden though. In violet that's where I found Iron Valiant.
I found out about that cave after I wrote my last post, I'll see if I can get Roaring Moon next time I play. That just leaves Sandy Shocks, which hasn't been spawning at all.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I found out about that cave after I wrote my last post, I'll see if I can get Roaring Moon next time I play. That just leaves Sandy Shocks, which hasn't been spawning at all.
Sandy Shocks or Iron Thorns will spawn near the rock fall outside Research Station 2. Might have to move around to get spawns to reset. It’s an uncommon spawn there but it does spawn there

scififan21

I think that is the only one I need in my Violet file you mind telling me where that area is? Also trying to do 5 stars raids in my Violet file and I keep getting my butt kicked hard no matter what I do. :(

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Also trying to do 5 stars raids in my Violet file and I keep getting my butt kicked hard no matter what I do. :(
I'd advise doing some combination of getting the pokemon you want to use for it to near level 100, use Hyper Training, and raise needed EVs. Also focus on super effective attacks.

Luthor

I think that is the only one I need in my Violet file you mind telling me where that area is? Also trying to do 5 stars raids in my Violet file and I keep getting my butt kicked hard no matter what I do. :(

Its not far from research lab 3. On land you follow some trees and go thorough a small hidden cave which looks like some rocks. Just did a quick google search and there's a few guides online already which is probably more helpful as they can include pictures.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Found a Shiny Snorunt and Noibat. Both are full odds. Despite my hours of outbreaks in PLA, I never got a Shiny Snorunt and always wanted one. Noibat has a nice shiny as well. Will keep both unevolved

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
As much as I like Iron Valiant I believe Iron Thorns should be the strongest Future Paradox and have 590 BST taking into account how much Tyranitar and Salamance are showns as counterparts in Scarlet and Violet. Especially since both Paradoxes have 4x weaknesses (Roaring Moon to Fairy and Iron Thorns to Ground) and both are based on Pseudos. Am I the only one with different impressions?