• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet/Violet - Recent Happenings Thread

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Defeated the Elite Four and Geeta, officially becoming a Champion rank trainer. My Pokémon catching spree did made my team a bit a bit overlevelled save for the final battle against Nemona. Later received a call from Arven indicating the final storyline has been unlocked, currently at Medali which is the closest to where I am supposed to go.

Current team:
Skeledirge (Nizoont)
Clodsire (Miasmaros)
Kilowatterl (Thorr)
Azumarill (Praxis)
Tauros, Combat Breed (Askr)
Firagarif (Floria)

Reserves:
Tinkaton (Susie)

Mysteryguy

Rainbow Trainer
Got a lot further since my last update. A lot of it being exploring, capturing and evolving. It's such an addictive loop.

In terms of main story, I have all 8 gym badges and have 1 Titan and 2 Raids left. Since last time, I've swapped some team members. My final team for this first playthrough is:

Quaquaval
Scovillain
Kilowattrel
Clodsire
Grimmsnarl
Baxcalibur

All around L58/59. I also have 365/400 pokemon in total.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Entered Area Zero to start off the final storyline of the game. Out of the future Paradox Pokemon the only ones I have encountered and caught were Iron Bundle and Iron Jugulis (including a spare one for trading), making your way down is a bit slow since you cannot ride on Koraidon/Miraidon when you visit it for the first time.

Now at the time machine about to assist the AI copy of Professor Turo to shut it down.

Current team:
Skeledirge (Nizoont)
Clodsire (Miasmaros)
Kilowatterl (Thorr)
Azumarill (Praxis)
Firagarif (Floria)
Tinkaton (Susie)

Reserves:
Tauros, Combat Breed (Askr)

Orphalesion

Finding a Water Breed Tauros took surprisingly long. I looked it up online and it said that they are sometimes found among herds of regular Paldean Tauros. I searched herd for herd, sometimes I had as many as 10 Tauros on screen...none of them Water Breed.
I finally found one in the end, but it took a while :p
Also evolved my Flittle, Floragato and Glimmet.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I've now finished my first full Scarlet playthrough, the whole team is level 100 and I've done everything I was wanting to do, so now I've put the cartridge back in its case and I'll be leaving it until Pokemon Home compatibility becomes available. While I don't enjoy Scarlet as much as Sword and Shield or Sun and Moon, it was still a fun ride and I really enjoyed it. I can't wait to get Violet, though perhaps I'll leave it until after Christmas.

The team are:
- Mary Jane - Female Meowscarada, Overgrow ability, Play Rough, Night Slash, Flower Trick and Seed Bomb
- Hot Shot - Male Armarouge, Flash Fire ability, Psychic, Flamethrower, Armour Cannon and Lava Plume
- Amphitrite - Female Vaporeon, Water Absorb ability, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, Surf and Muddy Water
-  Galloway - Male Combat Breed Paldean Tauros, Intimidate ability, Raging Bull, Zen Headbutt, Close Combat and Bulk Up
-  Kelpie - Male Dragalge, Poison Touch ability, Dragon Pulse, Toxic, Sludge Bomb and Aqua Tail
- Buzzsaw - Male Kilowattrel, Volt Absorb ability, Discharge, Fly, Electro Ball and Thunder Wave

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Cleared the main story for Violet and now in the post-game in which my first task is rematching the various Gym Leaders. Before that I am focusing on EV Training Miraidon (the Golduck at Area Zero are very convenient for Sp Atk training) and gathering the items in Area Zero that need its Ride Abilities. Out of the remaining Paradox Pokemon the only new one I caught was Iron Moth, going to refer to a guide to find the cave where Iron Valiant resides.

Team I used for the final battle:
Skeledirge (Nizoont)
Clodsire (Miasmaros)
Kilowatterl (Thorr)
Azumarill (Praxis)
Firagarif (Floria)
Tinkaton (Susie)

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I completed the main game and decided to go for a Legendary Pokemon catch before rematching GL and Team Star.

During the main game I caught a Scream Tail which I did not use until now but it's bulk, speed and Sing which I relearnt it became crucial in capturing the Ruin Quartet, second Koraidon and other Paradoxes. In the end I got the Ruin Quartet, Koraidon and Roaring Moon in normal Pokeballs.

Now I have a dillema as on one hand I want to use the Legendaries for some Battles while on the other hand I need to grind up my Team few Levels before the Academy Tournament.

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Started with another Detour because Open World Games are good for that. Headed up Glaseado Mountain to find an Ice Stone for Sandstorm. It'll only be around for Team Star: Dark but might as well be fully evolved. also found out that at least the pokemon i saw were level 32, so i might have my 6th team member earlier than expected. It wasn't until i started the Dark Star base that i realised Sandstorm the Crabominable was unnecessary. They were all 8 levels below my pokemon and i could have used anything as my 3rd pokemon for the swarm. Did find out during the fight with Giacomo that my pokemon are happy enough to dodge attacks now, though. On my way through the Asado Desert for the Cascarrafa gym i found groups of Bramlin and tried out the "Walk and Evolve thing". Didn't know how far 1000 steps was, so i just found the edge of the desert and walked the Perimeter. Wasn't nearly as difficult as i imagined. Now i have a back up Brambleghast for Kofu as well. Don't think i understand the auction system but i spent about 30k on Kofus Seaweed and the remaining 20k he gave me on 32 Horseradish. Kofu and Nemona both acted like our battles were close, but besides Kofu's Veluza i had very little trouble. Which also brought in my own Veluza for Team Star: Fire Back-up. Mela's Revaroom actually knocked out Quizzler, becuase of Torkoal's Drought. But it was only on like 5hp, so Glooper only needed a quick Dig afterward.

Team
Quizzler - lvl 32 Quaxwell
Glooper - lvl 31 Clodsire
Gumball - lvl 31 Tinkatuff
Hades - lvl 30 Sableye
Steele - lvl 30 Veluza
Aqua - lvl 33 Kilowattrel

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
With using the meal powers + shiny charm, I got 5 shiny Shinx... All male. 50/50 ratio felt like 95/5, not going to lie.

Only managed to get a female with the sixth, which was like the last of all my attempts. And right when I ran out of ingridients.

I may try farming a couple more but I'm almost out of herba mystica for level 3 shiny+encounter power.

At least, my DLC team can finally start taking form. Now, if I can only get a water tera type Dreepy, that'd be great

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Caught the remaining Violet Paradox Pokemon (including a spare set for trading) and finished EV training the Ride Miraidon and an Iron Valiant I intend to use. In between rematching the Gym Leaders I am revisiting the areas that I missed during the main story. Also was able to have Mrs Raifort note down the locations of the shrines of the Ruin Pokemon on my map.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Found a shiny Yungoos, on Scarlet I’ll probably use for trade fodder, today.

Currently using a team of favorites on Violet and a Psuedo-Sun Team for Scarlet. Hunting for Dunsparce has been a pain; Pokemon keep running into me and the Dunsparce flee or just bad rng with abilities/natures.

Absolutely Absol

It's just Absol...
Just caught shiny Wiglett at North Province Area One without sandwiches and shiny charm. I haven't finished the game yet. Ah, brings back memories of catching shiny Diglett in my FireRed. Blue-nosed Pokémon!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
After beating Giacomo & the Titan Bombirdier in Scarlet, I finally obtained enough coins to evolve a Gimmighoul into a Gholdengo and added it to my reserves. I then took some time away from the story to EV train my team, teach them some new moves, take on a couple 6 star raids through a Discord server, do some sandwich experiments, & have a few Wi-Fi battles using doubles of my old pokémon to see how they’ll handle the meta once we get Home connectivity (while they both need screen support, Pyroar’s a lot stronger in this meta & HA Corviknight could be my secret weapon for Flutter Mane)!!

I also took some time to take a few classes and gathered more materials to craft TMs. Plus, thanks to trading with my Violet gsme, I got a few rarer TMs like Dark Pulse & Flamethrower. I then fought one of the stronger leveled PCs in West Province & evolved my Tinkatink into a Tinkatuff. Now I’m planning on obtaining the Eviolite & taking on Iono for my third gym badge. Most of my pokémon are level 21 so the match will be more of a challenge for me. Afterwards,I’m taking on the Dragon Titan with Espathra & Gholdengo so I can find & catch a Frigibax using the climbing ability.

Main Team:
  • Pacheco (Quaxly) @ Lv.21
  • Dolores (Tinkatuff) @ lv. 24
  • Carlos (Espathra) @ lv. 42
  • Taborda (Mankey) @ lv. 21
  • Laia (Charcadet) @ lv. 21
Reserves:
  • Arturo (Shiny Nymble) @ lv. 21
  • Adrián+Sara (Tandemaus) @ lv. 21
  • Tiago (Gholdengo) @ lv. 21

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Finding it difficult to find things to post here besides "I did this Gym or that Titan"

• Defeated Titan Orthworm first with Quizzler's Low kick.
  • Finally found wild Orthworms. Maybe the Titan unlocked them
  • Finally fought Iono. 10 level difference made it a Cakewalk.
  • Detour for Sunflora Hide and Seek in Artazon. Found 15 of 20.
  • Finished all classes Mid-Terms. EXP candy reward is useless
  • Caught a Cetoddle outside Medali for Teammate #6 and Pokedex #100 caught. Evolved immediately.
  • Quizzler evolved against a Gym Trainer and We defeated Larry thanks to a "Hold on so i wont be sad" Friendship thing.

Team
Quizzler - lvl 38 Quaquaval
Glooper - lvl 37 Clodsire
Gumball - lvl 37 Tinkatuff
Hades - lvl 35 Sableye
Blubber - lvl 37 Cetitan
Aqua - lvl 38 Kilowattrel

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Haven't had time to play a lot lately, but I have gotten a few play sessions in. I'm still working my way through the Gym Inspections. I only have the Grass and Electric gyms left. I get the feeling that no one really like Geeta. I am hoping to get these done and win a School Tournament so I can do the Charizard Dragon Raid.

I finally evolved my Gimmighoul into Gholdengo. I'm also trying to get some of my reserves leveled up from the mid-30's to the mid-50s so I have some more flexibility with my team.

And I ran across a Sinistea mass outbreak, so I stocked up on Sinistea Chips. I plan to trade these in for a bunch of the Ceruledge evolution items to use for trades.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Caught Ting-Lu and have already removed all the stakes for Wo-Chien's shrine. Out the Gym rematches I have beaten the Bug, Grass and Electric Gyms, probably going to make the Ghost Gym my next one. Also have been spending a bit of time in Area Zero working on evolving some of the Pokemon only obtainable by evolution as well as grinding a few Tera Raids.

Orphalesion

Well had time off today and quite a bit happened.
Managed to evolve Ghouldengo, and man, that's a fun pokemon! Used it to defeat the Fairy Typed Team Star Boss, but then I lost against the Fighting one. That's actually nice, haven't actually lost in a Pokemon game for ages before Scarlet and Violet and now it's the second time in this game I lost (the first one was against the Bombirdier titan)
Have to stop playing for now, but looks like I'll have to level a bit before challenging the final Team Star Boss again.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Late in mentioning it but I got a birthday shiny in a shiny Tarountula near Medali. Cleared the rematches at the Water and Ghost gyms and my Tera Raid grinding has been quite fruitful getting a few Pokemon that normally require evolution and HA Corvisquire and Hatterm. Removed all the stakes for Chi-Yu and currently working on the ones for Chien-Pao.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I manage to beat the game not so long ago. I'm glad I avoided the end game spoiler.

ALso, I was raising a Dachbuns for any possible Charizard raids, and I happened across a shiny Skiddo.