• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet/Violet - Recent Happenings Thread

Copley Hill Gym

I started somewhat late (more of a casual player), and I am currently about to fight the last two Team Star members. I have yet to fill the dex, but tbh I can not wait to get into Area Zero. I haven't looked up spoilers at all, so I am very intrigued. I have also had somewhat of a meh team battling the 8 gym leaders,
Skeleridge
Corvi
Gyarados
Kilowattrel
Dachsbun

Arbolivia

so before taking on the Pokemon League I want to switch out Kilowattrel and Dachsbun. I would like to switch Dachsbun for Tinkaton. Bye bye, Dachsbun. Does anyone have a recommendation for Kilowattrel? I don't like the design of both of these Pokemon TT.

If you want to stay electric you should consider Pawmot, but he’s a glass cannon.

Jolteon a decent staple.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Okay, I am so confused. I've literally obtained all 8 purple stakes, and the darn shrine is still locked.

What am I doing wrong???

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Okay, I am so confused. I've literally obtained all 8 purple stakes, and the darn shrine is still locked.

What am I doing wrong???
Did you talk to your history teacher and build a relationship to the point that she asks you to find them?

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Did you talk to your history teacher and build a relationship to the point that she asks you to find them?

I started looking for them long before that.

Do I have to complete all the History lessons before the seal opens?

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I started looking for them long before that.

Do I have to complete all the History lessons before the seal opens?
Honestly, I’m not sure. I didn’t start seriously collecting them until after I completed the history lessons and became friends with that teacher.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Honestly, I’m not sure. I didn’t start seriously collecting them until after I completed the history lessons and became friends with that teacher.

Well, I found the final purple stake. The pokemon inside is currently slaughtering my team, despite them all bein vastly overleveled.

Ryker101

Beat Rhyme earlier, pretty awkward how they keep having singers as gym leaders but no voice acting. The battle was close though, my Skeledirge was one hit away from fainting and paralysed, but he clutched with shadow ball. Also Slaking was a beast, one shotting her gravehound(?) mon. I’m not overlevelled, they were level 40s but having a fair amount of reserves does make things easier in the long run ig. Also last time I lost to Nemona using my b squad, I was underlevelled and got swept by goomy lol. But they clutched it this time, only mid thirties for most (except Arctibax who’s 43). So that was nice

Here I’m using shelgon, pawniard, krokorok, noibat, fletchinder too. Just some misc pokemon I like. Also saw Spirgatio’s and Pawmi’s final evos in action and man they suck imo. No idea what’s with the starters lately whilst Pawmot is so generic and barely feels like they did anything design wise. Keen to take on Grusha but more importantly Ortega bc team star theme is a bop

Dared3v0

Just have fun
Just caught a shiny rotom in a mass outbreak.i have never caught this many shinies in a pokemon game ever

Pokemon Power

Well, I beat the Normal-type gym today, and now I'm trying to decide whether I wanna go to the Ghost type gym as the recommended order suggests, or face the Paradox Titan of Asado Desert.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Well, I beat the Normal-type gym today, and now I'm trying to decide whether I wanna go to the Ghost type gym as the recommended order suggests, or face the Paradox Titan of Asado Desert.
Titans are usually easier than another challenge of the same level. You only face one and Arven helps you out.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Got an Ability Capsule off a 5-star Delibird Raid, they seem to be quite manageable even with a "raid slayer" that isn't at Level 100. Did a spot of breeding to get a Slakoth (not going to contend with the "normal" way) and spare Fuecoco as trade fodder. Think I about six or so Pokemon away before I have to start trading for Scarlet exclusives and the other starters (along with fulfilling the conditions needing for Scizor, Slowking and Palafin).

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I got Pokemon Scarlet from my sister for Christmas and I have been playing it a fair bit. I've made sure to avoid spoilers. I have enjoyed the way Pokemon are found and encountered; it's a definite refinement of Gen 8's overworld encounters

I chose Fuecoco because it had the best design. While I don't have a set team yet as I've only beaten the first gym leader, I am pretty confident I will keep Wiglett and Tinkatot. The latter has the perfect type and I like its design and the former is hilarious to me

Ryker101

Grusha is down for the count, shout outs to Pawniard who swept Beartic and Altaria despite being underlevelled. It took me several tries and teaching low kick, I used Talonflame, Pawmo, Arctibax and Pawniard here. Needed held items too. Appreciate the level jump with strong coverage/priority on his pokemon. The last matchup was close as, I got Altaria down to red and hurricane put me around 20% and confused me. Pawniard them itself incl confusion and I thought I was gone hut he missed the next hurricane (not sure why he used it) and it snapped out of confusion right there for the W. Great time with all the gym battles so far

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I didn’t do a lot of Delibird raids while the event was happening but I am going through the raids now until Cinderace starts. The drops from Delibird make Tera share farming and money farming (through star pieces) easy as well as experience candy hoarding. So for now I have to refrain from connecting the game to the internet. I’ve been jumping into all the event dens on my game to see what I can get from the drops.

Red and Blue

Did some shiny hunting this past week using some sandwiches and the Shiny Charm. As of today I came out with a shiny male Oinkologne, Flamigo, Pikachu, Maschiff, Marill, and Dratini.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I finally completed the Paldean dex. Now to just sit back and wait for the Cinderace raid and then the DLC.

CiciStormy

Living Rotomdex
Got an Ability Capsule off a 5-star Delibird Raid, they seem to be quite manageable even with a "raid slayer" that isn't at Level 100. Did a spot of breeding to get a Slakoth (not going to contend with the "normal" way) and spare Fuecoco as trade fodder. Think I about six or so Pokemon away before I have to start trading for Scarlet exclusives and the other starters (along with fulfilling the conditions needing for Scizor, Slowking and Palafin).
Oh wow, you get Ability Capsules from the 5-star event raid? I should do them.

As for me, Violet has no progress so I should do that, but I'm actually shiny hunting in Scarlet for a challenge. Haven't unlocked 6-star raids and I don't think I will until New Year's Eve as my team(even though they are Level 80) might still be underleveled and I was planning on Hyper Training a Krookodile(or Chi-Yu) to handle the first round on January in time for the Cinderace raids. As I said, Violet has no story progress because I need to train my teams to Level 75 to handle the last eight challenges at Level 42-55, the story tie-ups and the dreaded Area Zero.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Anyone finding it easy to get lost?